User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    No. Especially not IRL. My way of communicating is so unwavering that it can either screw me over or help me in class presentations depending on whether the teacher finds my casualness and excessive use of the word "like" charming or not. I might online sometimes just to be more accommodating to whoever I'm talking to initially but I eventually go back to the caps lock and emotes and scattered typing.
    I wonder if it's a 3 fix + Fe thing. I'm noticing that Fi users tend to be unwavering and change for no one. This is probably because Fi always wants to be true to it's self and to it's values.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yes I have a strong 3w2 fix. I suppose this could contribute to this as well. Please go into detail about how you do this?
    Sure thing.

For me, I simply find that I often reflect the personality of the person I'm talking to, or that each individual draws something different out of me. I've seen these qualities ascribed to 3 and 2, respectively, so I assume they are image issues.

I simply wind up doing this instinctively, without necessarily trying to. Since we're talking about the gut types, I find that with 8s or people heavily influenced by that number, I am far more outspoken and willing to argue, simply because they meet my energy and I know they can "take it". With 1s, they usually give the sense that I somehow need to be more "proper", and I find myself reflecting their standards and agreeing stupidly. With 9s, it can go either way, or no way at all. I sometimes get the sense that I'm somehow upsetting their peace and am often inclined just to get along with them and let them be. I sometimes find myself holding back a lot.

I do this with other types, too, but I associate it with my 3 subwing. Maybe it's the same with you? I don't rule out Fe, either, because I'm not sure what my Ji is, so in your case, this may add something to this pre-existing tendency. Dunno.

Anyway, I'm happy to provide the answers to any further questions you might have.

Socionics
    ILI

My interpretation: I would assume that this would be akin to type 9w8 with some sort of 3 fix (Because I do this way too much). The core 9 would readily merge with the opposing style in an effort to understand it while the 8 wing would drive the core 9 by constantly nagging to confront the opposing style with brute force and skill. The 3 fix would provide a sense of competition and would increase the 8's drive for confrontation, feeding the core 9 to adapt to the opposing style in an effort to beat the opponent at his or her own game.

UPDATE: Just realized that by confrontation you meant friendly confrontation, in fact I was thinking of a tennis match when I was writing this. Disregard for context toward friendly confrontation.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

3 influences, perhaps. I have them all over the place, and I can hardly imagine what not doing this would be like, and yet have admiration and envy of people who stay constant.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    My interpretation: I would assume that this would be akin to type 9w8 with some sort of 3 fix (Because I do this way too much). The core 9 would readily merge with the opposing style in an effort to understand it while the 8 wing would drive the core 9 by constantly nagging to confront the opposing style with brute force and skill. The 3 fix would provide a sense of competition and would increase the 8's drive for confrontation, feeding the core 9 to adapt to the opposing style in an effort to beat the opponent at his or her own game.

UPDATE: Just realized that by confrontation you meant friendly confrontation, in fact I was thinking of a tennis match when I was writing this. Disregard for context toward friendly confrontation.
    Yeah, a 9 fix, and a 3 fix probably have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Sure thing.

For me, I simply find that I often reflect the personality of the person I'm talking to, or that each individual draws something different out of me. I've seen these qualities ascribed to 3 and 2, respectively, so I assume they are image issues.

I simply wind up doing this instinctively, without necessarily trying to. Since we're talking about the gut types, I find that with 8s or people heavily influenced by that number, I am far more outspoken and willing to argue, simply because they meet my energy and I know they can "take it". With 1s, they usually give the sense that I somehow need to be more "proper", and I find myself reflecting their standards and agreeing stupidly. With 9s, it can go either way, or no way at all. I sometimes get the sense that I'm somehow upsetting their peace and am often inclined just to get along with them and let them be. I sometimes find myself holding back a lot.

I do this with other types, too, but I associate it with my 3 subwing. Maybe it's the same with you? I don't rule out Fe, either, because I'm not sure what my Ji is, so in your case, this may add something to this pre-existing tendency. Dunno.

Anyway, I'm happy to provide the answers to any further questions you might have.
    Do you also find that you don't like to address large groups because of this? Since I tend to change with each person to accommodate their needs, it is hard to address an entire group because I don't know how to act. Is this also a problem for you?

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Do you also find that you don't like to address large groups because of this? Since I tend to change with each person to accommodate their needs, it is hard to address an entire group because I don't know how to act. Is this also a problem for you?
    Actually, I've never had this experience. I work as a teacher, so that may be a mitigating factor. What happens with me is closer to me depersonalizing the crowd and droning away (and, come to think of it, this may stem from the dilemma you mentioned) but I've never noticed specifically what you say.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Actually, I've never had this experience. I work as a teacher, so that may be a mitigating factor. What happens with me is closer to me depersonalizing the crowd and droning away (and, come to think of it, this may stem from the dilemma you mentioned) but I've never noticed specifically what you say.
    Well I'm good at addressing entire groups, it's just that it annoys me sometimes because you have to be so careful what you say. After all, in our politically correct world, damn near anything will offend people now.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Well I'm good at addressing entire groups, it's just that it annoys me sometimes because you have to be so careful what you say. After all, in our politically correct world, damn near anything will offend people now.
    That's very true. You can't please everyone, and on some days you can't please anyone.

You should use some of that 8 energy you're cultivating in that case. NOT ONE DAMN IS GIVEN. It can be liberating, try it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

That's very true. You can't please everyone, and on some days you can't please anyone.

You should use some of that 8 energy you're cultivating in that case. NOT ONE DAMN IS GIVEN. It can be liberating, try it.
    lol that's right. Fuck em all!

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

lol that's right. Fuck em all!
    Ya, fuck em all. Fuck em to hell and back, then fuck em again. Laugh in their faces when they complain about it! PLEASE NO MAN.

That's right.