User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Competency types tend to hate reactive types

I'm noticing that core competency types tend to hate core reactive types. When faced with stress, I'm noticing that core competency types tend to remain very cool, calm, and collect. They tend to be calm and assertive when handling confrontation as well. Core reactive types tend to be just the opposite: they tend to go ballistic, they tend to be very manic, they test people, and they tend to be the types to scream at people when faced with a great deal of stress. I'm seeing that competency types hate this about reactive types, and they tend to look down on reactive types for this reason. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I way off in left field with this one?

EDIT: Just in case know one knows what I am talking about, the competency types are 1, 3, and 5, and the core reactive types are 6, 4, and 8.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Actually, no, I haven't noticed that.

Speaking as a reactive type, I actually appreciate competency types' commitment toward solving problems. I haven't felt that any of them have looked down on me when I freak out about an issue; instead, they work with me to focus on solving it. I haven't met all the competency types in the world, though.

Positive outlook types, though...to be perfectly honest, I do tend to find *some* representatives of this triad can't face reality, which I personally tend to look down on. I know the feeling has been mutual. I know that's not the question, but I kind of wonder if we tend to look down on others who manage conflicts differently (not just competency vs reactive types)?

Core reactive type (8) here who's in a long-term relationship with a core competency type (5). Just sayin'.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

No.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Speaking as a reactive type, I actually appreciate competency types' commitment toward solving problems.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro
    Positive outlook types, though...to be perfectly honest, I do tend to find *some* representatives of this triad can't face reality, which I personally tend to look down on.
    I don't think I personally tend to look down on it, but I am frustrated by it at times. Most of the time I think I look up to their ability to be happy and unflappable. It is just the few times when they do not want to admit there is a problem at all... but everyone else is in agreement that there is... and then that is a bit awkward.

I kind of wonder if we tend to look down on others who manage conflicts differently (not just competency vs reactive types)?
    This seems likely. We probably tend to admire them if they obtain what we see as better outcomes, and probably tend to look down on them if they use strategies that are distasteful to us in some way, or obtain worse outcomes than we feel like we would have.

The Iron Giant

I haven't noticed this, either.

brainheart

I think it's important to point out that 4 is surrounded by two competency types and has a line to one.

6 is a neighbor to 5 and has a line to 3.

8 has a line to 5.

Similarly,

5 is surrounded by two reactive types and has a line to 8.

3 is a neighbor to 4 and has a line to 6.

1 has a line to 4.

None of these types operate in a vacuum, as a 'pure' reactive type or a 'pure' competency type.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Core reactive types tend to be just the opposite: they tend to go ballistic, they tend to be very manic, they test people, and they tend to be the types to scream at people when faced with a great deal of stress.

EDIT: Just in case know one knows what I am talking about, the competency types are 1, 3, and 5, and the core reactive types are 6, 4, and 8.
    Having just gone through an extremely stressful period, I feel well-equipped to answer this.

I don't do any of the things you think reactive types do. I just get really anti-social and irritable. Your description sounds like someone with a major anger problem, not 1/3 of the population (thankfully!). So I definitely don't have problems with "competency types" thinking I'm overreacting or whatever.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Having just gone through an extremely stressful period, I feel well-equipped to answer this.

I don't do any of the things you think reactive types do. I just get really anti-social and irritable. Your description sounds like someone with a major anger problem, not 1/3 of the population (thankfully!). So I definitely don't have problems with "competency types" thinking I'm overreacting or whatever.
    Well I do this, and I know several other 6's that do this as well. Tell me, what is our gut fix? Is it 1? I bet it's 1.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I can count the number of times I've screamed at someone on four fingers.