User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: The drug triad

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    counter-phobic 6s do a lot of drugs...8 seem very inaccurate in this drug thread. I can't imagine, that the person who strives the most to have the control and power over himself and his enviroment would eventually take drugs to loose it.
    A new angle - someone else attempts to take an 8s personal freedom away by limiting their potential to do drugs -> opposite reaction.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Not true, I only do a little bit of drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I don't do any drugs. I'm pretty much as pure, innocent, and boring as they come. AND I've got a 6 and 8 in my tritype. XD
    I am not implying that every 4 does drugs. I have also been squeaky-clean for eight years; I don't even drink. But I've done more drugs in my hayday than most of my friends, with very few exceptions. Two friends from college made my drug use look like 'dabbling' in comparison, and it just so happens both of them are 4s. The only other friend who has done a lot more drugs than me in our hayday was a 7w6. Beyond that, look at Marilyn Manson, Tori Amos, Elliott Smith, Kurt Cobain etc; your typical tortured 4 rockstar stereotype does drugs, more so than the 6, 7, or 8 stereotype. No generalization will apply to all 4s, all 6s, all 7s etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post

True, they are a core reactive type.
    Not only core reactive, but also stereotypically introspective, tortured, masochistic, frustrated, artists, musicians, tortured artists etc. All of which are reasons to do drugs. On any music or art scene you have to make a concentrated effort to avoid drugs. I've never been a 'scene' person and did most of my drugs alone with my art, alone with my music, etc; but the impetus to be creative and 'expand my mind' and 'challenge my limits as an artist' was a big motivator, along with 'experiencing all my emotions to the fullest' and 'gaining control over my vulnerable emotions,' 'mind control' and 'self-exploration.' And being known by others as a musician, artist, etc; I was offered a lot of drugs, so I had access.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

counter-phobic 6s do a lot of drugs...8 seem very inaccurate in this drug thread. I can't imagine, that the person who strives the most to have the control and power over himself and his enviroment would eventually take drugs to loose it. Though I can imagine cocaine for them... 4s are the most prone to taking drugs of all the enneagram types. Sensitive, dreamers who are prone to depressions and self hate are the perfect target for drugs. 5s might use drugs to get away from the overwhelming enviroment around them. It's been said, that 7s are prone to addiction, but they are not the clasical drug users as they fear of pain, hangover, and unpleasent experiences that might come with drug using. On the other hand 7w8s can be into harsh and exciting expriences that come with drugs. I think 9s are also very prone to drug using... easily manipulated, strive for peace and harmony, but the reality might seem to fast and overwhelming for them, so they might decide to escape it and find their comfort most likely in weed, or other inhibiting drugs.
    Self Preservation 8s are less likely to get involved in drugs, but Sexual 8s are very much thrill seekers who have a tendency to flood themselves with stimulation (in this case, drugs). Johnny Cash is a good example of this
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Self Preservation 8s are less likely to get involved in drugs, but Sexual 8s are very much thrill seekers who have a tendency to flood themselves with stimulation (in this case, drugs). Johnny Cash is a good example of this
    Yeah honestly there's probably a higher correlation between instinctual stackings and tendencies for long-term drug use than there are correlations between enneagram types and long-term drug use.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Yeah honestly there's probably a higher correlation between instinctual stackings and tendencies for long-term drug use than there are correlations between enneagram types and long-term drug use.
    yeah. Sp doms overall are probably the least likely and Sx/So is probably the most likely (Sx/Sp can go either way. personally my Sp is really strong so I would be less likely to do lots of drugs)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I've been a few places myself....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    And I bet hella 3s pop [adderall] like candy.
    Yeah. And kids from pressuring parent households or peer groups in general.

Success is in keeping a dosage as low as possible and taking regular vacations from it to reset yourself. Once my child psychiatrist decided to titrate it so high that I had a psychotic episode coming down from it, and that was really bad times. It's been a long time since I took it.

brainheart

that could work
    @chana
    maybe an unhealthy 3, but average/healthy 3s are much more aware of what will/won't get in the way of their goals, work habits and productivity, so I can't see them getting super addicted to drugs in most instances
    Edit: oh, missed the "it keeps you up and keeps you productive part" in which case, yeah, maybe
    Er, what healthy people of any type get 'super addicted' to drugs?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Er, what healthy people of any type get 'super addicted' to drugs?
    well, plenty of average range people get addicted to drugs. of them. not many are 3s, because most average 3s are disciplined, productive and would not allow themselves to get pulled into something that would get in the way of their goals
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Very much disagree with this. I think both rich and poor people do more drugs than people in the middle.
    All I can speak from is my personal observations of my peers moaning about how they did drugs due to how "boring" their lives are. Haven't lived in the upper class bracket, so I can't comment. Living in near-poverty currently, it seems like most people are more concerned with making it through the day than trying to escape their shit lives or anything. But that's just my narrow, asocial experience.

I'd also say Sx/So is the most likely to do drugs (along with anything else that could get them killed ASAP )
    I'm still a sx/soc 4, and I'm still drug-free. This is why I never believed I was sx/soc incidentally--I'm not batshit insane.

It's been said, that 7s are prone to addiction, but they are not the clasical drug users as they fear of pain, hangover, and unpleasent experiences that might come with drug using. ...

I think 9s are also to fast and overwhelming for them, so they might decide to escape it and find their comfort most likely in weed, or other inhibiting drugs.
    Sevens are said to have "addictive" personalities, but this doesn't have to be drug addiction. It's possible to be addicted to chocolate, food, gambling, shopping, you name it.

My step-father's a 9 and is addicted to a lot of prescription drugs. They're generally things to keep him awake and help him get to sleep. Not "true" addictions, but last I checked, the whole family thought he needed to detox.

well, plenty of average range people get addicted to drugs. of them. not many are 3s, because most average 3s are disciplined, productive and would not allow themselves to get pulled into something that would get in the way of their goals
    A 3 could get addicted to a stimulant, however--something that helped them accomplish MORE. Or a steroid, if they were an athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I am not implying that every 4 does drugs. I have also been squeaky-clean for eight years; I don't even drink. But I've done more drugs in my hayday than most of my friends, with very few exceptions. Two friends from college made my drug use look like 'dabbling' in comparison, and it just so happens both of them are 4s. The only other friend who has done a lot more drugs than me in our hayday was a 7w6. Beyond that, look at Marilyn Manson, Tori Amos, Elliott Smith, Kurt Cobain etc; your typical tortured 4 rockstar stereotype does drugs, more so than the 6, 7, or 8 stereotype. No generalization will apply to all 4s, all 6s, all 7s etc.
    Come to think of it, my sister is a drug addict, and she types as 4 as well. In her case, it was this stupid "poor pathetic me with two parents, a shitload of friends, and numerous boyfriends, who all love me in my comfy middle class existence where everything is provided for" sort of self-pity, in which she believed she had "issues" and therefore needed to self-medicate, if I understand the situation correctly. Not experimental art.

However, I'm still not a drug user, and I am a confirmed 4. I think circumstances count a lot.

Actually, I'm lying a bit. I did eat some of my sister's adderalls in high school basically to finish all final projects after working without sleep for 3 days straight. But that's it.

Not only core reactive, but also stereotypically introspective, tortured, masochistic, frustrated, artists, musicians, tortured artists etc. All of which are reasons to do drugs. On any music or art scene you have to make a concentrated effort to avoid drugs. I've never been a 'scene' person and did most of my drugs alone with my art, alone with my music, etc; but the impetus to be creative and 'expand my mind' and 'challenge my limits as an artist' was a big motivator, along with 'experiencing all my emotions to the fullest' and 'gaining control over my vulnerable emotions,' 'mind control' and 'self-exploration.' And being known by others as a musician, artist, etc; I was offered a lot of drugs, so I had access.
    It's a very different perspective than I think most of us have on drug use. No one ever talks about exploration.