Thread: The drug triad

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Also wanna add that there is a big difference between upper people, downer people and hallucinogen people.
    Now I'm interested in the distinction.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I'm quite experienced.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'd also say Sx/So is the most likely to do drugs (along with anything else that could get them killed ASAP )
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Also wanna add that there is a big difference between upper people, downer people and hallucinogen people.
    Yes this. "Doing drugs" is really broad.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    Now I'm interested in the distinction.

hmm well i think people who prefer uppers either like it for the extra energy it gives them for work/projects or they use it to keep themselves socially "up" and confident. especially when paired with drinking, it cancels out the drowsiness of alcohol and makes one able to party all night and talk incessantly. try to stay away from methheads so not a lot if experience with them, but cokeheads are annoying as fuck.

downer people are escapists. not that all drugs aren't an escape in a way, but they're the most numbing and comforting. it can help socially by making someone less anxious or reducing inhibitions but i don't see it as much as a party thing. for people who like to slow their mind down. can easily take over someone's life.

hallucinogen users are bored with the confines of reality and are hoping to expand their mind and find some secret to help themselves understand the world better. vast majority of people I know who've used these drugs do them very occasionally, the people who do it too often are wacked out nutjobs completely out of touch with the world.

typologically speaking hmmm..
    (i'm definitely pulling this out of my ass right now, very loose associations)
    uppers: 3, 5, 7, 8, so
    downers: 2, 4, 6, 9, sp
    hallucinogens: 4, 5, 7, 9, sx

let me add that those categories are not mutually exclusive, lots of people fall into multiple categories or just like any drug available. and i can think of many exceptions.

counter-phobic 6s do a lot of drugs...8 seem very inaccurate in this drug thread. I can't imagine, that the person who strives the most to have the control and power over himself and his enviroment would eventually take drugs to loose it. Though I can imagine cocaine for them... 4s are the most prone to taking drugs of all the enneagram types. Sensitive, dreamers who are prone to depressions and self hate are the perfect target for drugs. 5s might use drugs to get away from the overwhelming enviroment around them. It's been said, that 7s are prone to addiction, but they are not the clasical drug users as they fear of pain, hangover, and unpleasent experiences that might come with drug using. On the other hand 7w8s can be into harsh and exciting expriences that come with drugs. I think 9s are also very prone to drug using... easily manipulated, strive for peace and harmony, but the reality might seem to fast and overwhelming for them, so they might decide to escape it and find their comfort most likely in weed, or other inhibiting drugs.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Chana has a good theory there I think. I've never been interested in stimulants for recreation. (I do chug coffee all day err day but that's not for fun). Downers either. I don't even care for the feeling of an alcohol buzz really. What piques my interest in the drug world is the dreamy escapist allure of hallucinogens. I want my mind to go places. I want a rich experience. That is definitely in line with all the other parts of me that I identify with e7 sx.

Edit: my 7w8 ex (or maybe 8w7?) had a much more varied appetite for drugs. He did all kinds without sticking to any real category.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Chana has a good theory there I think. I've never been interested in stimulants for recreation. (I do chug coffee all day err day but that's not for fun). Downers either. I don't even care for the feeling of an alcohol buzz really. What piques my interest in the drug world is the dreamy escapist allure of hallucinogens. I want my mind to go places. I want a rich experience. That is definitely in line with all the other parts of me that I identify with e7 sx.
    This is interesting. It sounds like typical 7ish reaction. For me it's the right opposite. I fear to halucinate, I am not looking for the experience, but rather stimilation when it comes to drugs. The best one is emotional...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I've tried most drugs for the experience. I don't really have an addictive personality, though. If I had to pick top three types for that it would be 479.

Adderall is bougie meth anyway.
    Amazing.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Ginkgo

I've never done any "hard drugs" and don't plan on doing so - I have an addictive personality and alcoholism runs rampant in the family. The "hardest" drugs I've done were intense psychedelics, but those usually don't have any addictive properties outside the realm of "psychological addiction".

Types most likely? 7>4>9>2>8>5>6>3>1 or thereabouts. 6s are iffy there, depending on coping mechanisms, but I'm making the case for phobic 6s.