• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Directors by Enneagram type

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Lars von Trier? I can't really figure out his type. David Lynch being 9w1 seems about right. 4w5 could also be a strong possibility.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Lars Von Trier strikes me as a 5w4. E5 directors can be pretty versatile in terms of subject matter. The vibe I get from watching Melancholia, and reading about a few of his other films (including nymphomaniac..), is more Christopher Nolan, or Refn-esque (movies like Valhallaa Rising, Only God Forgives, Drive, etc.) than anything by Tarkovsky, Bergman, Bresson, etc.

It's all sort of detached, experimental and fear-based compared to a film by an E4.

k.
So what about his MBTI type? ENTP?

S

Stansmith

Lars Von Trier strikes me as a 5w4. E5 directors can be pretty versatile in terms of subject matter. The vibe I get from watching Melancholia, and reading about a few of his other films (including nymphomaniac..), is more Christopher Nolan, or Refn-esque (movies like Valhallaa Rising, Only God Forgives, Drive, etc.) than anything by Tarkovsky, Bergman, Bresson, etc.

It's all sort of detached, experimental and fear-based compared to a film by an E4.

k.
So what about his MBTI type? ENTP?

If I were to guess...I'd say INTP.

S

Stansmith

A few instinctual variant guesses, based on the 'vibe' of their films:

Eric Rohmer - So/Sp or Sp/Sx
David Fincher - Sx/So
Francois Truffaut - So/Sx
Luis Bunuel - Sp/So or So/Sx
Andrei Tarkovsky - Sx/Sp
Ingmar Bergman - Sp/So

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Steve McQueen, director of 12 Years a Slave and Hunger, strikes me as a 1w2 with a significant link to 4, kinda like Kurosawa.

S

Stansmith

Rainer Werner Fassbinder - I'm guessing either 7w8 or cp6w7 so far, especially after reading about his personal life...World on a Wire feels kind of fear-triady.