• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] 458 Enneagram Tritype – The Scholar Archetype

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
source - http://personalitycafe.com/enneagra...ng-458-584-845-do-you-guys-exist-just-me.html

I think our tritype is especially gifted with calling it’s fundamental beliefs into constant question. You’ve got 4’s emphasis on self-creation and thus change, the 5’s emphasis on clear perception, innovation, curiosity, and the 8 that confronts and challenges. There is always a readiness to undermine ourselves with an aim at change, but shows us what crap each construct we hold at every stage of growth really is and there is always the correct suspicion that whatever construct we hold in the present is simply a construction.]

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Present and agreed [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]. ;)

Alea_iacta_est

Sorry I'm late [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION], I went offline after I sent you that last message and just saw you started the thread.
I was originally typed by several people on a different forum as 584, until the only other one with that somewhat similar sequence called me out saying that I was a complete mistype (looking back on it now, all that guy's posts resembled 3 and 6). Since then I've been trying to search for what I presumed to be my "actual" enneagram type, for I was actually stupid enough to believe him at the time. Now that I've found out that none of the other tritypes really fit as well as the 584 (which I completely fit the mold for in all descriptions), I have decided to return back to this tritype.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is awesome, I very rarely ever encounter other 458 (845, 584)'s online or IRL. I have one friend (female 8w7) who shares the tritype, and it was such an "aha moment" when we realized because we have always felt deep kindred spirit, but hadn't pegged the reason. :)

I'd love to hear what both of your experiences as a 584 are like, and would be glad to share my own as a 458.

Alea_iacta_est

This is awesome, I very rarely ever encounter other 458 (845, 584)'s online or IRL. I have one friend (female 8w7) who shares the tritype, and it was such an "aha moment" when we realized because we have always felt deep kindred spirit, but hadn't pegged the reason. :)

I'd love to hear what both of your experiences as a 584 are like, and would be glad to share my own as a 458.

Are you guys sort of ambiverted as well? The description talks about how we are "somewhat" introverted. I find that if I'm at home or by myself, I tend to want to stay that way, yet if I'm out with people, I'll tend to stay that way (until I get back home), like the Newtonian Law of Physics. The only strange part of that is that I put on a social facade to conceal my inner intensity and antisocial-esque thoughts, though it could just be that I adapted to survive by becoming more social though.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you guys sort of ambiverted as well? The description talks about how we are "somewhat" introverted. I find that if I'm at home or by myself, I tend to want to stay that way, yet if I'm out with people, I'll tend to stay that way (until I get back home), like the Newtonian Law of Physics. The only strange part of that is that I put on a social facade to conceal my inner intensity and antisocial-esque thoughts, though it could just be that I adapted to survive by becoming more social though.

I can be, but only around people I know or in groups less than 10-ish (and even then I focus on one or two individuals)-- I believe that's just Sx-first at work though. I'm very much an introvert and though I am fine going into social settings, one of two things inevitably happens. A) I don't see anyone I know, so I sit by myself. This is completely comfortable for me, but intimidates others from approaching me. :shrug: That, or B) I do see people I know, warmly join their conversation and feel right at home. People who experience me one-on-one, in small groups or in my own home before experiencing me in a social setting are always surprised when I mention being socially inept.

How do both of you see your 8 and 4 component play out IRL?

Alea_iacta_est

I can be, but only around people I know or in groups less than 10-ish (and even then I focus on one or two individuals)-- I believe that's just Sx-first at work though. I'm very much an introvert and though I am fine going into social settings, one of two things inevitably happens. A) I don't see anyone I know, so I sit by myself. This is completely comfortable for me, but intimidates others from approaching me. :shrug: That, or B) I do see people I know, warmly join their conversation and feel right at home. People who experience me one-on-one, in small groups or in my own home before experiencing me in a social setting are always surprised when I mention being socially inept.

How do both of you see your 8 and 4 component play out IRL?

That's exactly what I meant, you just described my social abilities to a T, but without the masking part.

The 8 component starts coming out when I get an argument, I have the uncanny ability to have the confidence and persuasive skills to convince somebody that I'm right and they will believe me up until the moment I am proven wrong. Also, whenever I feel that I am getting angry, I have to hold myself back with self-control because otherwise I would have probably killed someone by now. The way I usually get around it is by imaging myself beating the shit out of my adversary or just imagining me breaking stuff. It feels like anger is pulsating through my veins and that if I don't stop myself I'm going to break something to pieces. Luckily, I'm really good at self-control by bartering with myself that I will get the person back subtly and vengefully later.

I usually try and suppress my 4 side because whenever I start getting into touch with my emotions, I start feeling weak and fragile. However, I do let the artistic creativity slide by along with the over-the-top affection that can sometimes accompany 4s. I don't really get into touch with my 4 side much because I see it as highly negative compared to the pessimist 5 and realist 8. I usually conceal my 4 side when I'm in social situations and sort of save it as if its a hidden weakness.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

man you think you got it tough, try meeting other 873's. They don't exist online.

I actually speak to an INFJ 458 Sx/Sp rather frequently. She's a feisty one. Lemme know if you want to find her. She's on the16types.

Alea_iacta_est

man you think you got it tough, try meeting other 873's. They don't exist online.

I actually speak to an INFJ 458 Sx/Sp rather frequently. She's a feisty one. Lemme know if you want to find her. She's on the16types.

Does that make you the first 873 ambassador to the internet? Tell extrovert-land I say hi.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's exactly what I meant, you just described my social abilities to a T, but without the masking part.

The 8 component starts coming out when I get an argument, I have the uncanny ability to have the confidence and persuasive skills to convince somebody that I'm right and they will believe me up until the moment I am proven wrong. Also, whenever I feel that I am getting angry, I have to hold myself back with self-control because otherwise I would have probably killed someone by now. The way I usually get around it is by imaging myself beating the shit out of my adversary or just imagining me breaking stuff. It feels like anger is pulsating through my veins and that if I don't stop myself I'm going to break something to pieces. Luckily, I'm really good at self-control by bartering with myself that I will get the person back subtly and vengefully later.

I usually try and suppress my 4 side because whenever I start getting into touch with my emotions, I start feeling weak and fragile. However, I do let the artistic creativity slide by along with the over-the-top affection that can sometimes accompany 4s. I don't really get into touch with my 4 side much because I see it as highly negative compared to the pessimist 5 and realist 8. I usually conceal my 4 side when I'm in social situations and sort of save it as if its a hidden weakness.

Masking?

Huh, you don't know enough about 4 then. :) It does suck being one sometimes, but since I've been consistently health-seeking I've really seen the beautiful side of 4. I'd strongly encourage you to read up on it a bit as 4's are some of the most self-renewing, self-aware, honest types. I can relate to your 8 description a bit, especially the highly developed self-control (out of necessity). I've had to grow myself there because I realized how much damage I can do in anger, mostly verbally and emotionally. I also see my 8 fix emerge in the way I can control the environment if I need to, or get people to stop doing whatever idiocy they are doing-- usually this only happens when I'm frustrated or angry, but sometimes it's only taken a very intentional look and maybe a word or two. Self controlled anger really does get things done. Also, I'm more independent than other 4's I know.

My 5 side is pretty strong as it's also my wing. I tend to way over-analyze things, feelings specifically which can get messy. The T/F balance in general is annoying because I do both so much. Aside from feelings, I analyze topics, things and information to obsession sometimes (haha, Enneagram might be one of them). There are far too many really. I don't recluse like a core 5 does though. I like alone time, but I like one-on-one time more.

[MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION] It's okay bro, you can hang with the 458's if you'd like. I'd love to talk to your friend, that would be so crazy! :) Thank you for mentioning it!

Alea_iacta_est

Masking?

Huh, you don't know enough about 4 then. :) It does suck being one sometimes, but since I've been consistently health-seeking I've really seen the beautiful side of 4. I'd strongly encourage you to read up on it a bit as 4's are the most self-renewing, self-aware, honest types. I can relate to your 8 description a bit, especially the highly developed self-control (out of necessity). I've had to grow myself there because I realized how much damage I can do in anger, mostly verbally and emotionally. I also see my 8 fix emerge in the way I can control the environment if I need to, or get people to stop doing whatever idiocy they are doing-- usually this only happens when I'm frustrated or angry, but sometimes it's only taken a very intentional look and maybe a word or two. Self controlled anger really does get things done. Also, I'm more independent than other 4's I know.

My 5 side is pretty strong as it's also my wing. I tend to way over-analyze things, feelings specifically which can get messy. The T/F balance in general is annoying because I do both so much. Aside from feelings, I analyze topics, things and information to obsession sometimes (haha, Enneagram migh be one of them). There are far too many really. I don't recluse like a core 5 does though. I like alone time, but I like one-on-one time more.

[MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION] It's okay bro, you can hang with the 458's if you'd like. I'd love to talk to your friend, that would be so crazy! :) Thank you for mentioning it!

The worst thing about being 5 first then 8 is the fact that 5's are infamous for having a crippling anxiety, which I do suffer from. However, because the 8 is there and makes me cope well under pressure and think calmly, I have the awkward tendency to have the anxiety affect only my body to where I turn beet red and start shaking uncontrollably, but my mind is perfectly clear at the same time.

The only real time I let out my 4 is when I start writing. People tell me that I am an extremely creative writer with a sort of "spirit" in the words.

Oh, and about masking, since I conceal my 4, it is completely internalized. That means I consider myself unique/special/an individualist on the inside but I can easily meld my way into a crowd by becoming extroverted. I don't care to stand out individually on the outside if I already know that I am unique on the inside. (pardon my Narcissism)

Alea_iacta_est

548 here. Let me know if you want to know anything.
Welcome,
You're the first 5-4-8 it seems, if you see anything in what we say, you should let us know. The point of this thread is to be a place for us to talk about our common personality.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Checking in. Hello.

Isn't it just awesome how the article I linked here directly refers to Nietzsche as a likely member of your Scholarly kind? But nonetheless, no matter how long you scour the historical halls and build upon your ever-expanding knowledge, the Solution Master shall find ways to shatter the founding precedents asunder with revolutionary new developments to accomplish the impossible! While the Scholars are introspecting upon this incredible phenomenon within their own internal worlds, the Solution Masters are moving mountains, making the rules rather than following them.

If you are a 358, you are ambitious, knowledgeable and protective. You want to be efficient, wise and straight-forward. Tough-minded, you are good at studying a problem and finding both original and practical solutions others miss. Highly tenacious, you work tirelessly until you find solutions and prevail against adversity. Your life mission is to use your cleverness and astute powers of observation to serve the greater good. A true problem solver, you are happiest when you can evaluate what is needed and take action to create change.

583: Extreme narcissism. They believe that they are better than everyone else, and that they can handle anything that comes at them. They feel as though they are capable of anything and have ambitious plans.

Alea_iacta_est

Isn't it just awesome how the article I linked here directly refers to Nietzsche as a likely member of your Scholarly kind? But nonetheless, no matter how long you scour the historical halls and build upon your ever-expanding knowledge, the Solution Master shall find ways to shatter the founding precedents asunder with revolutionary new developments to accomplish the impossible! While the Scholars are introspecting upon this incredible phenomenon within their own internal worlds, the Solution Masters are moving mountains, making the rules rather than following them.

If you are a 358, you are ambitious, knowledgeable and protective. You want to be efficient, wise and straight-forward. Tough-minded, you are good at studying a problem and finding both original and practical solutions others miss. Highly tenacious, you work tirelessly until you find solutions and prevail against adversity. Your life mission is to use your cleverness and astute powers of observation to serve the greater good. A true problem solver, you are happiest when you can evaluate what is needed and take action to create change.

583: Extreme narcissism. They believe that they are better than everyone else, and that they can handle anything that comes at them. They feel as though they are capable of anything and have ambitious plans.

Not sure if because I have a 3 wing on my 4 fix (or I might actually be a 3w4 fix who the fuck knows), but I heavily identify with the extreme narcissism and handling anything, also with most of the paragraph above that.

But besides that paragraph, I don't really see the 3 in you that much, I don't really picture you to be really deceit-oriented, considering that that is the core of the average 3 (unless you are counter-passion, which would be pretty rare for a 3). But, then again, I know nothing about you except for the words you disclose on the forum.

583s move mountains
584s create mountains
594s think about the mountains
593s critique the mountains
783s say fuck the mountains, let's do something fun

Everyone has a role to play XD.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is really good! I just discovered I am 478, instead of 479 and I can relate to this description a bit as well...Now I feel really stupid for not noticing the 8 in my tritype, because the more I read about it, the more I feel close to 8.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is really good! I just discovered I am 478, instead of 479 and I can relate to this description a bit as well...Now I feel really stupid for not noticing the 8 in my tritype, because the more I read about it, the more I feel close to 8.

i get some 8 energy from you for sure.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not sure if because I have a 3 wing on my 4 fix (or I might actually be a 3w4 fix who the fuck knows), but I heavily identify with the extreme narcissism and handling anything, also with most of the paragraph above that.

But besides that paragraph, I don't really see the 3 in you that much, I don't really picture you to be really deceit-oriented, considering that that is the core of the average 3 (unless you are counter-passion, which would be pretty rare for a 3). But, then again, I know nothing about you except for the words you disclose on the forum.

583s move mountains
584s create mountains
594s think about the mountains
593s critique the mountains
783s say fuck the mountains, let's do something fun

Everyone has a role to play XD.

I don't know, I like thinking about mountains , but critiquing mountains sounds annoying.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] [MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION]
What makes you angry? What do you do about it?