User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Socionics
    ILI

@Hypatia, I usually get somewhat angry when people are treated unjustly/unfairly, the cruel and unusual punishment kind of thing. Like if someone doesn't deserve something. I don't care if the person is hurt by someone unless it's completely undeserved, in which case I usually side with the victim.

I get extremely angry if people question my logic or ideas with derisive comments that don't have any logical basis. I sort of internalize my anger and let it seep slowly into the environment, warning those who dare continue their onslaught, I feel like the best way to relieve my anger is to intimidate others, it's sort of like a guilty sadistic pleasure. I probably would qualify for Passive Aggressive PD if it were still in the DSM.

I've never gotten explosive violent at people before, but I have at stressful things such as way too much schoolwork, at which point I just release it all in a bundle of energy and possibly the throwing of a shoe at a wall.
    Last edited by Alea_iacta_est; 12-29-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: edit

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

@Hypatia That's a great question, quite a bit makes me frustrated and sometimes that escalates to anger. I am not really a stranger to totally flipping out, I am a 4 after all. It's funny, when people think of a 4 being emotional they tend to picture sadness and woe. There is some of that but the intensity applies to all emotions, anger included.

Things that might make me angry: misunderstandings caused by bad communication, passive aggression, mistreatment, arrogance, deceit, disrespect, apathy, hypocrisy, and more. Those are all circumstantial of course, and again it's more frustration that I experience (which tends to give way to anger if I don't feel heard).

What I do when I'm angry: I'm generally very direct about expressing frustration, anger or any negative feeling by confronting the people involved. I consider myself a relatively healthy individual so I'm usually able to funnel these negative emotions into productive action, and steps toward solving whatever is making me angry. There are of course times when talking it out isn't feasible, an example: I volunteer with high school students who, when in large groups, are sometimes prone to rudely talking over those trying to speak. I don't hesitate to raise my voice to ask for quiet and respect in those kinds of situations.

Then there are those times when my health dips and I lose it. Those times are not pretty and I usually apologize for it afterwards. I still speak my mind but with far too much sarcasm and hurtful, cutting remarks-- I have learned the hard way that I truly can tear others to shreds with my words. That's caused me a lot of remorse and I've learned to be careful about what I say in anger. I also have thrown or destroyed things when unhealthily angry, which I feel stupid about later. There's also angry ranting, slamming doors and such.

I'm happy to answer specific questions if you have them.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Hey nice thread, I'm still sort of undecided about 4-5-8 vs 4-7-8. Can there not be a quadtype of 4-5-7-8 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Are you guys sort of ambiverted as well? The description talks about how we are "somewhat" introverted. I find that if I'm at home or by myself, I tend to want to stay that way, yet if I'm out with people, I'll tend to stay that way (until I get back home), like the Newtonian Law of Physics. The only strange part of that is that I put on a social facade to conceal my inner intensity and antisocial-esque thoughts, though it could just be that I adapted to survive by becoming more social though.
    Hey I relate to the part about the ambiversion. I don't put on a social facade though, how do you do it? The only way I could do it is by inhibiting myself and I'm just not willing to do that for long. Meh I'd hate that.

Why do you feel the need to conceal your intensity btw?

Also, whenever I feel that I am getting angry, I have to hold myself back with self-control because otherwise I would have probably killed someone by now. The way I usually get around it is by imaging myself beating the shit out of my adversary or just imagining me breaking stuff. It feels like anger is pulsating through my veins and that if I don't stop myself I'm going to break something to pieces. Luckily, I'm really good at self-control by bartering with myself that I will get the person back subtly and vengefully later.
    Do you actually do get back at the person later? If yes mind telling some anecdotes of how you did that?

Oh and I relate to the ways you handle your 4 fix, it makes sense it being the last fix, same for me. I don't show it to anyone at all, save for a few special declarations on how I see myself, and I like writing too.

The worst thing about being 5 first then 8 is the fact that 5's are infamous for having a crippling anxiety, which I do suffer from. However, because the 8 is there and makes me cope well under pressure and think calmly, I have the awkward tendency to have the anxiety affect only my body to where I turn beet red and start shaking uncontrollably, but my mind is perfectly clear at the same time.
    Lol you must look funny. I'm usually calm in both body and mind when under pressure, body usually feels energized and mind is focused without thinking, or call it deliberate gut-based thinking. It happened before that as a sort of afterthought, like, after the whole situation was already dealt with, I consciously noticed some residual of adrenaline. I however prefer not to focus on that and I'm sure that's part of why I don't notice any effects of it while I'm in action.

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    A) I don't see anyone I know, so I sit by myself. This is completely comfortable for me, but intimidates others from approaching me.
    I can do that myself but it is not comfortable for me so I don't stay that way for long.

Then there are those times when my health dips and I lose it. Those times are not pretty and I usually apologize for it afterwards. I still speak my mind but with far too much sarcasm and hurtful, cutting remarks-- I have learned the hard way that I truly can tear others to shreds with my words. That's caused me a lot of remorse and I've learned to be careful about what I say in anger. I also have thrown or destroyed things when unhealthily angry, which I feel stupid about later. There's also angry ranting, slamming doors and such.
    Eh why feel stupid about it later... :P unless you mean it costs you too much to replace things etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    What makes you angry? What do you do about it?
    If an obstacle is in my way for too long or if I didn't get something I wanted -> frustration -> quick and strong explosion of anger. I have to act it out physically through action. I have a really really low tolerance for frustration. It happens quite a few times daily.

If the situation is very important for some reason, I will skip the above line of anger development and just straight go to rage.

If someone treats me the wrong way -> angry response to them -> can escalate, depending.

What is meant by wrong treatment; stuff like small.wonder mentioned earlier, about disrespect, passive aggression and bad communication.

I feel best with anger if it's more anger than frustration because it's very energising without having the negative feeling from frustration.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Hey nice thread, I'm still sort of undecided about 4-5-8 vs 4-7-8. Can there not be a quadtype of 4-5-7-8 lol

Hey I relate to the part about the ambiversion. I don't put on a social facade though, how do you do it? The only way I could do it is by inhibiting myself and I'm just not willing to do that for long. Meh I'd hate that.

Why do you feel the need to conceal your intensity btw?

Do you actually do get back at the person later? If yes mind telling some anecdotes of how you did that?

Oh and I relate to the ways you handle your 4 fix, it makes sense it being the last fix, same for me. I don't show it to anyone at all, save for a few special declarations on how I see myself, and I like writing too.

Lol you must look funny. I'm usually calm in both body and mind when under pressure, body usually feels energized and mind is focused without thinking, or call it deliberate gut-based thinking. It happened before that as a sort of afterthought, like, after the whole situation was already dealt with, I consciously noticed some residual of adrenaline. I however prefer not to focus on that and I'm sure that's part of why I don't notice any effects of it while I'm in action.
    I feel the need to put on a facade because I fear that if my intensity shows, I will be outcast as a weak, disillusioned fool, but at the same time, I feel as though my intensity would utterly destroy anything they have ever contemplated. It's a matter of weighing the risks. Plus, I don't like sharing my feelings with others for fear of rejection (double rejection trifix, hooray).

I will divulge one anecdote:

In highschool, I was a member of the marching band (which where I live, are well respected and extremely athletic, competing in many different sports), and my section leader completely embarrassed me in front of a person I liked, pissing me off completely (we are actually still really good friends then and now). I held back from punching him in the face (though I played the outcome in my head several times), and waited. When we went out to the field, we lined up on the track like we did everyday, but I had offered to take his instrument out to the track for him. After I arrived to the track, I immediately disassembled his instrument and placed the pieces in the field in between the track. When we formed up, the director noticed that my section leader's instrument was missing and he didn't know where it was, so the director made him run a few miles and do some push ups (he was a long-distance runner in track, and I pointed that fact out to my director, so he thought my section leader needed some upper body work out as well) around the track and then reassemble his instrument. He wasn't even mad, he just accepted it and realized that it was fair.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I feel the need to put on a facade because I fear that if my intensity shows, I will be outcast as a weak, disillusioned fool, but at the same time, I feel as though my intensity would utterly destroy anything they have ever contemplated. It's a matter of weighing the risks. Plus, I don't like sharing my feelings with others for fear of rejection (double rejection trifix, hooray).
    I don't understand why intensity would make you look like a weak fool, do you just mean the intensity of your 4's fix though? Because I was originally reading this as the 8's brand of intensity

I don't understand the bolded either. Elaborate?

I will divulge one anecdote:

In highschool, I was a member of the marching band (which where I live, are well respected and extremely athletic, competing in many different sports), and my section leader completely embarrassed me in front of a person I liked, pissing me off completely (we are actually still really good friends then and now). I held back from punching him in the face (though I played the outcome in my head several times), and waited. When we went out to the field, we lined up on the track like we did everyday, but I had offered to take his instrument out to the track for him. After I arrived to the track, I immediately disassembled his instrument and placed the pieces in the field in between the track. When we formed up, the director noticed that my section leader's instrument was missing and he didn't know where it was, so the director made him run a few miles and do some push ups (he was a long-distance runner in track, and I pointed that fact out to my director, so he thought my section leader needed some upper body work out as well) around the track and then reassemble his instrument. He wasn't even mad, he just accepted it and realized that it was fair.
    AHHAH good one! :p Cool about his response as well.

Socionics
    ILI

I don't understand why intensity would make you look like a weak fool, do you just mean the intensity of your 4's fix though? Because I was originally reading this as the 8's brand of intensity

I don't understand the bolded either. Elaborate?
    I am afraid that others will see me as undeservingly narcissistic, which I am to some degree and not to other degrees (in those degrees, deservingly narcissistic). I don't want to make strong claims or showcase my inner storm without knowing how others will react to it, as they might simply laugh it off as if it were nothing but a ploy for attention or a child's folly. I need to be seen as strong, powerful, and confident by others, but at the same time, I need to be respected, so I must keep some things to myself to maintain my ethos.

The bolded part is a reflection and a counter-position to my belief that I will be seen as weak by others, that perhaps the opposite is true and that my intensity will be so strong that they will be utterly intimidated by the depth of my inner world.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I am afraid that others will see me as undeservingly narcissistic, which I am to some degree and not to other degrees (in those degrees, deservingly narcissistic). I don't want to make strong claims or showcase my inner storm without knowing how others will react to it, as they might simply laugh it off as if it were nothing but a ploy for attention or a child's folly. I need to be seen as strong, powerful, and confident by others, but at the same time, I need to be respected, so I must keep some things to myself to maintain my ethos.

The bolded part is a reflection and a counter-position to my belief that I will be seen as weak by others, that perhaps the opposite is true and that my intensity will be so strong that they will be utterly intimidated by the depth of my inner world.
    so this is pretty 4&5 sx-ish stuff, this inner world thingie?

Socionics
    ILI

I'd assume so. It could easily be an Ni thing as well, however.

Junior Member Draumande Romvesen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

The tritype 458 is hard to find descriptions and informations on. I feel like I would not get along with someone who is too similar to me because we would both turn away from each other to be alone. We would both push each other way, like I do with others.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't think that's necessarily related to 4 or 5 or sx. I'. m 845 and I don't relate to the idea of having an inner world.

Quote Originally Posted by Draumande Romvesen View Post
    The tritype 458 is hard to find descriptions and informations on. I feel like I would not get along with someone who is too similar to me because we would both turn away from each other to be alone. We would both push each other way, like I do with others.
    It's difficult to find descriptions on the tritypes in general, and especially good ones. I'll write up something about how it's like to me as a 845 some day, perhaps.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!