12 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default The good in Enneagram.

Enneagram seems to often be focused on the negative sides - and rightly so - of our psyche, how we fixate on certain things, coping mechanisms, idealistic images etc.

Maybe it's just me being a 4, but it makes it sometimes hard to actually see yourself as anything but broken, striving for an ideal - to surpass your type.

And I was wondering if it was maybe not time to ask people to mirror what it is they like about your type.

So, tell us what type of enneagram you appreciate, would consider your perfect partner, would love to have in your life, whatever. Tell us how you see that type and why they are awesome.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Enneagram seems to often be focused on the negative sides - and rightly so - of our psyche, how we fixate on certain things, coping mechanisms, idealistic images etc.

Maybe it's just me being a 4, but it makes it sometimes hard to actually see yourself as anything but broken, striving for an ideal - to surpass your type.

And I was wondering if it was maybe not time to ask people to mirror what it is they like about your type.

So, tell us what type of enneagram you appreciate, would consider your perfect partner, would love to have in your life, whatever. Tell us how you see that type and why they are awesome.
    We're all born broken and lost and alone, unknowingly striving to reunite with The Source.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Personals:

I love my 9w1. He's gentle, responsible, light-hearted, funny, and positive, while also intelligent, knowledgeable, and resourceful. He has a natural way of simultaneously addressing a situation seriously in behavior while making light of it in discourse. He's calm and reasonable, secure in himself but concerned about being good and respectful. He's compassionate, generous, and humble, but a force to be reckoned with when he's angry. He makes everyone feel comfortable and acknowledged, he's open to new information and experience, and he's genuinely interested in rational discussion of improving self and world. He's my trifecta of heart, mind, and soul, and body to boot!

My brother is a 9w8 and shares many of the same qualities in terms of being light-hearted, calm, humble, generous, and rational. He is also solid, active, down-to-earth, no-frills, independent, and diplomatic, tending to moderate situations to keep the peace. He's surprisingly serious and responsible under his surface of go-with-the-flow. He has an excellent sense of humor, occasionally bordering on obnoxious and offensive in a pleasingly relatable way, and always good for a deep belly laugh. He's the best combination of wholesome and irreverent, active and passive, funny and earnest.

My mom is a 2w1. The most generous person I have ever encountered, she continuously pours herself out to everyone around her without drawing attention to herself or making it seem out of the ordinary. She is practical, witty, likeable, energetic, goal-oriented, hard-working, dedicated, and incredibly patient. She's a natural facilitator and has the incredible gift of being able to leverage situations so that everyone gets what they want and everyone leaves happy. She is an embodiment of love, works with the most critically in-need, and still keeps everyone else's lives running smoothly and positively simply by virtue of going about her own life.

My dad is a 5w6. His intellect, rationality, wisdom, and knowledge base are incredible. Ever a tinkerer, his understanding of the world as a holistic system is incredible. He is a rampant gatherer and examiner of information and therefore both reliable and trustworthy. He is a master of the crafts that he dedicates himself to, and it is inspiring to see him demonstrate his expertise. He tends to be reticent and nervous, but he overcomes that to bring his work to the world so that others can benefit from enjoying it and/or live better lives as a result of it. He also has a quiet, sweet, watchful way of continuously monitoring systems to ensure that everyone stays protected.

As a 6w7, I'm questioning, analytical, and solution-seeking. I'm responsible and hard-working, cooperative and protective. I tend to have my external life in good order; I take life seriously and generally make decisions that put myself and my loved ones in healthy, stable positions - though I relish enjoyment and adventure. I try to be an advocate of compassion and meaning.

More broadly:

1w9 - philosophical idealists, the nascent source of growth
    1w2 - human manifestation of "be the change you wish to see in the world"
    2w1 - the parent and teacher we all need
    2w3 - warmly welcoming us to existence, showing the way
    3w2 - a positive feedback loop of loving everyone and everyone loving them
    3w4 - inspires others to be better just by being themselves
    4w3 - how to celebrate being uniquely oneself
    4w5 - bastions of originality and self-understanding, deeply existing
    5w4 - the iconoclast, challenging and reinventing what it means to be oneself
    5w6 - filters for quality and substance, doubly-perceptive insight
    6w5 - detectives and defenders, guardians at the fringe
    6w7 - true peers, cooperative with and protective of all
    7w6 - they enjoy life and others enjoy them
    7w8 - trailblazers, entrepreneurs, open humanity to newness
    8w7 - embodiment of personal drive and willpower
    8w9 - how to be secure and powerful in oneself
    9w8 - being at peace with the world while respecting one's own boundaries
    9w1 - in communion with the All and enlightened to growth

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    1w9 - philosophical idealists, the nascent source of growth
    1w2 - human manifestation of "be the change you wish to see in the world"
    2w1 - the parent and teacher we all need
    2w3 - warmly welcoming us to existence, showing the way
    3w2 - a positive feedback loop of loving everyone and everyone loving them
    4w3 - how to celebrate being uniquely oneself
    4w5 - bastions of originality and self-understanding, deeply existing
    5w4 - the iconoclast, challenging and reinventing what it means to be oneself
    5w6 - filters for quality and substance, doubly-perceptive insight
    6w5 - detectives and defenders, guardians at the fringe
    6w7 - true peers, cooperative with and protective of all
    7w6 - they enjoy life and others enjoy them
    7w8 - trailblazers, entrepreneurs, open humanity to newness
    8w7 - embodiment of personal drive and willpower
    8w9 - how to be secure and powerful in oneself
    9w8 - being at peace with the world while respecting one's own boundaries
    9w1 - in communion with the All and enlightened to growth
    I wasn't gonna post here until I had the proper amount of time but I just want to say that this list...damn this list. I think this is a really accurate positive representation of all the e-types in short. I'm saving this for later.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

this thread is lovely. The enneagram hurts my feelings lol.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx
    Socionics
    ESI

Heh well a system describing neurotic patterns should be negative.
    Only beauty is the growth points and whenever you manage to reconnect with the source for fleeting moments.
    Personally I'm conviced that the so called enlighenment that spiritual teachings talk about is getting back to the source.

garbage

The positive is in the ideal--the set of traits that we can at least approximate when we recognize and transcend our neuroses.

Really, I'd get along well with most any 'healthy' version of each type--no mature versions of any type turn me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Of the positive feedback that I receive, this happens to be among the most common.
    Quote Originally Posted by hornet View Post
    Heh well a system describing neurotic patterns should be negative.
    Only beauty is the growth points and whenever you manage to reconnect with the source for fleeting moments.
    Personally I'm conviced that the so called enlighenment that spiritual teachings talk about is getting back to the source.
    +1 to this

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Perhaps. But it is people's flaws that make them unique. And often are the very things we love about them. Things that those people themselves cringe at and feel self-conscious about.

And it was with that in mind, that this thread was created
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

My perfect partner is one who loves herself for who she is, and uplifts others with her, but also enjoys trance, dancing, and large parties.

I suspect E2, E4, E6, and E8 can fit that bill.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Well, and every sword has two sides. Health and harm are like most attributes contextual. An enneagram 6 in a dangerous situation is a huge boon. The problem is when we take the 6 out of the danger and they continue to think like it is still present. An enneagram 4's imagination is beautiful and their ability to craft their own identity is inspiring. But when they take it too far and create an identity that is far beyond themself and see themself as failing to live up to it, those skills move from healthy to harmful. There is no reason not to celebrate the good in one's Enneatype as long as one understands that they must be able to let go of the Enneatypical viewpoint to grow healthfully.