User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Oooh visuals, fun. This is what 9 anger looks like.

Outward expression:

Inward look of 9w1 anger:

Inward look of 9w8 anger:

Haha I like that. Describes me pretty accurately, except the "inward 9w1" is my outward response, and "inner 9w8" is my inner response.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post

I have no idea what 9 anger is like, if you know, do tell. (Do 9s even get angry?)
    They do when Ohio State isn't playing very well and a national championship advance is on the line.

In all seriousness, they do get angry but outbursts are pretty rare. They get hurt far more than they get angry and it seems to manifest into physical symptoms (headaches, upset stomach,inability to sleep). My ENFJ 9 gets like this, but it doesn't happen too often. I'm a 8 and I think - just let it out, babe. You'll feel better. But that never happens, I let him vent and I listen. I'm supportive. I give hugs when things are bad. This is what they need, someone to validate what they feel. They don't want you to come up with a solution for them.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    594 so/sx

This discussion is making me reconsider whether I'm more of a 9 than a 5 (I'm probably pretty close to even). I very, very rarely get angry. When I do get angry, I'm just as upset with myself for getting angry as I am with whatever has made me angry.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    In all seriousness, they do get angry but outbursts are pretty rare. They get hurt far more than they get angry and it seems to manifest into physical symptoms (headaches, upset stomach,inability to sleep).
    Yep, except not so much with the physical symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Anger done correctly should sufficiently terrify people into fixing things... it should also only be brought down upon the deserving. Boy am I annoyed when I can't find a deserving recipient and have to just blow off steam by being pissed off at machines or myself
    The first part resonates with me, but the second part doesn't (yay, there's no one to be angry with ). I remember last time I was really angry (this pastJuly). I was conducting dress rehearsals for an operetta, and no one was watching me, the tempos were all off, there were mistakes left and right, and everything seemed to be going downhill. It was a very stressful week for me, but really everyone took 3 steps back going into that week, the director kept changing things, and things got to a point where I kind of exploded a little. I raised my voice and was very snarky, and I had to shout at them several times over a couple days, and each time was a little more explosive. I was more critical and less understanding than usual, and I demanded everyone to fully match the expectations I usually only require of myself. Of course, these outbursts were paired with apologies for shouting, and pointing to the stress and the extremely limited time we had to fix things.

I can't remember the last time I got really angry before that.. it was quite possibly a few years before. I get frustrated, but not really angry. I have an innate aversion to anger (and conflict), but it's also philosophical.

Oh, okay, I do get angry at injustices I see in the world, but it's an internal anger that I usually keep to myself. Most of my anger is directed at big things in the world, rather than individuals I know.
    5w4 9w1 4w5
    "Some pithy saying that exemplifies my type, though it border on cliché."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

when 9's get pissed

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram