User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by autumnandtherain View Post
    This is definitely true for me. Especially if the other person is upset with me as well, I take it as something wrong with *me*, even if I know they're in the wrong.

I haven't figured out my family's enneatypes yet, but based on the descriptions of type anger, my mother is either a 1 or a 7... Hmm.
    1 anger is critical, not like the OP describes, and a 7s anger will be highly influenced by their gut fix, a 7 with a 9 fix would only want to see the positive, with an 8 fix would be able to be assertive and get what they want whilst keeping people onside through keeping things fun and light most of the time, a 7 with a 1 fix would be softer in regards to anger than the 8 fix however they would have firmer boundaries I would expect.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    This is a 6 that is really angry. They killed his one son and captured a second one (Heath Ledger) just prior to this.

Sounds about right.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    LIE

Speaking on behalf of ENTJs, 8s who get angered go and build monuments.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tralala View Post
    Speaking on behalf of ENTJs, 8s who get angered go and build monuments.
    ... on the skulls of those who defied them.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    LIE

True.

Only to realize who angered them were only misguided, and it gave meaning to the journey.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I am quite honestly jealous of your ability to outwardly rage so beautifully and freely. Curse your glorious 68ism! Curse my lame 79ism of holding inwards!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Tell me about it!

Oh to be able to harness my wing better and get the right level of assertive before the 9 suppression instincts override things. Pretty sure the 4 doesn't help the combo as it's quite happy to throw the anger inwardly and scratch all the emotional scabs, meanwhile 7 just wants to stay positive while 9 doesn't feel like it has a right to be angry. Blah.

*steals Dominos mojo*
    QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I think we need to hire Domino to speak at our monthly 479 tritype meetings. Lesson One: How to Be Angry At the Entire World While Looking Like a Model.

- On topic edit -

I read how this type with 4 in charge is the "positive 4". Which I think with 7's desire to be positive with people, 9's desire to just lay back and think of Estonia... the negative feelings I love to wallow in as a 4 end up turning inwards against me. So I may be all cuddly cheer on the outside, but it's probably in direct proportion to the amount of broken glass and bleeding soul is going on inside me.
    OMG, lessons with Domino would be epic offtopicness that I would pay money for!

Yup. Positive types are 2-7-9, that's the reason it was so hard for me to find my heart fix, the 7 and 9 make it so I feel as though I have to show only positive things to the world, that if I show negativity it will result in rejection so the 4 fix is very internal and as my shame point results in a lot of conflicting feelings leaving me really not wanting to show that side of myself to anyone because it feels like some kind of failing.

I do find that I can - nowadays - ...parse and harness my anger and forge it as a weapon. Is that the 4 sx-so thing perhaps? Does anyone else relate?

What I mean is...I'll first need to fully flesh out through 4-9 and my w5 *why* Im angry and if I have a right to take it out on the object of my rage. Usually, I come to the conclusion that I don't. But just coz I walk away doesn't mean that the anger is gone or that I don't put it to good use. It is rare, but some people are stupid enough to interpret that move as weakness and press their presumed advantage. It takes me not even a split second to show them just exactly how big their mistake is, usually - depending on whether it is worth it or not. Some take the hint and run. Others are stupid enough to jump into the volcano. As it is their choice, I'm happy to oblige

Again, it is something that happens once in a blue moon though. Considering the power anger can hold, I only employ when absolutely needed.

I've also been known to deliberately *show* people just a glimpse what lies under the sweet, positive side of me, just to push them into making the right decision about me. Or to make them realise that their...assumptions wrt my character are deeply flawed. And I have on occasion been asked if I realised that I suddenly came off as intensely threatening, just for a split second. I do. It's on purpose, folks. And for a good cause. We usually get along a lot better afterwards, I find.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

The 4 description is on the money here.

@Saturned @Amargith @Kasper, I feel you. It must be the 9 fix. With 4, it makes it difficult experience anger as directed at things other than myself. It is probable that I am in fact angry at many things, but I turn it on me to avoid the storm of releasing it into the wild, so quickly that I cannot always catch what it was about in the beginning. I am practiced and adept at dealing with internal conflict, but am clumsy with external. The exception is where 6 comes in: if I know the circumstances are safe and fitting for it, I can express anger as freely and venomously as anyone. My contradiction becomes visible: fear influences and guards me, but I also have a passionate hatred for fear that surpasses little else. That's where 469 is between 468 and 479 on anger: not positive, not oppositional; not shitting, not getting off the pot.

Where are the other 469/964/649/etc people? I want a club, too.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Now I simply wish to lie back and think about Estonia.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I think 1s would experience exasperated and somewhat explosive anger, it would seem that they would be completely tired of dealing with the problem and would react explosively and sporadically to contradict their predictability and structured nature.

I think 4s would experience a self-destructive and implosive anger, but much more vividly than a 2. They would feel as if the whole world had turned against them because they were defective and would either take the path of condemning one's self (the contradiction of their nature) or attempting to dispel others away from themselves so that they can't be emotionally harmed.
    1 anger is critical, not like the OP describes, and a 7s anger will be highly influenced by their gut fix, a 7 with a 9 fix would only want to see the positive, with an 8 fix would be able to be assertive and get what they want whilst keeping people onside through keeping things fun and light most of the time, a 7 with a 1 fix would be softer in regards to anger than the 8 fix however they would have firmer boundaries I would expect.
    That makes sense. Were you thinking my anger sounds like a 1's?

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    QFT.

I do find that I can - nowadays - ...parse and harness my anger and forge it as a weapon. Is that the 4 sx-so thing perhaps? Does anyone else relate?
    Ohhh yes I can relate. I just have a hard time USING it as an appropriate weapon. I think my best use of it was a few years back when my grandma passed away and my mom's siblings were being rude to my mom and basically all of them acting like these were children again. So I had enough and sat them all down and just unleashed upon them that if they didn't behave I was going to give them a Time Out. My Aunt tried interrupting me with some angry outburst that normally I would let happen and roll off of me.. but that time I interrupted her and told her to sit down and shut up because I had the floor.

I think it really only worked because they had never seen me angry before and they were so shocked that that alone cowed them into obeying me for a couple of days.

However, I sort of have to be backed into the corner on such a thing where I require the righteous fury of Fi to allow an override of the 9 "grit your teeth and play nice" protocol system.

What I mean is...I'll first need to fully flesh out through 4-9 and my w5 *why* Im angry and if I have a right to take it out on the object of my rage. Usually, I come to the conclusion that I don't. But just coz I walk away doesn't mean that the anger is gone or that I don't put it to good use. It is rare, but some people are stupid enough to interpret that move as weakness and press their presumed advantage. It takes me not even a split second to show them just exactly how big their mistake is, usually - depending on whether it is worth it or not. Some take the hint and run. Others are stupid enough to jump into the volcano. As it is their choice, I'm happy to oblige

Again, it is something that happens once in a blue moon though. Considering the power anger can hold, I only employ when absolutely needed.

I've also been known to deliberately *show* people just a glimpse what lies under the sweet, positive side of me, just to push them into making the right decision about me. Or to make them realise that their...assumptions wrt my character are deeply flawed. And I have on occasion been asked if I realised that I suddenly came off as intensely threatening, just for a split second. I do. It's on purpose, folks. And for a good cause. We usually get along a lot better afterwards, I find.
    I can relate to this stuff as well. It's just so easy to look at myself being angry and thinking, there are better ways to expend this energy or it's easier to just let it go because then I don't have to deal with the unpleasantness of the other person's (wrong *coughs*) viewpoint.

I feel like I need to learn a better relationship with anger because it IS useful at times and good to express. I just tend to suppress it and deal with it internally far too often as then I can control all the variables.

*makes mental note to start showing that the kitten paw has a tip of claw every now and again with people*

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    The 4 description is on the money here.

@Saturned @Amargith @Kasper, I feel you. It must be the 9 fix. With 4, it makes it difficult experience anger as directed at things other than myself. It is probable that I am in fact angry at many things, but I turn it on me to avoid the storm of releasing it into the wild, so quickly that I cannot always catch what it was about in the beginning. I am practiced and adept at dealing with internal conflict, but am clumsy with external. The exception is where 6 comes in: if I know the circumstances are safe and fitting for it, I can express anger as freely and venomously as anyone. My contradiction becomes visible: fear influences and guards me, but I also have a passionate hatred for fear that surpasses little else. That's where 469 is between 468 and 479 on anger: not positive, not oppositional; not shitting, not getting off the pot.

Where are the other 469/964/649/etc people? I want a club, too.
    You can hang out with us if your club is too lonely. *bakes cookies* It's just far too easy to want to deal with "all the things" on one's own. Possibly because of control isses as well.

I also have dealt with a lot of family members who had anger issues and let their anger cause rifts and grudges that never healed. And life is just too short for such a pointless waste of the time spent on Earth. I don't want to be like that. And it could be a slippery slope...

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Now I simply wish to lie back and think about Estonia.
    *writes on notecard* Be more like Domino.