User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

All I know is that I'm a textbook 4 and I've been f-in' incandescent since birth. Recently, my type 4 INFJ father's ISFP ladylove heard me venting and she turned, looked at him with her eyebrows raised and said, "Were you like this?" He dropped his head, nodded and said, "Yes. Very."

You may be more outraged, sad, hateful, frustrated, dark. But you will never be more angry than I am.

In the last Thor movie, Loki said, "Trust my rage" and I felt my sister look at me sideways, like "That's you." She's a 7 and runs much more coolly than I do.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Thanks for the input, that actually makes much more sense. ENTPs are often Type 7 and tend to be exceptionally direct, straightforward, and piercing.
    I've met a few of both. some ENTPs are indirect little BS-ers, relying on deceptive wordplay more than directness. other ENTPs are more direct.

I never really notice Type 9's passive-aggressiveness, maybe I just don't know that many of them.
    9's combination of conflict avoidance and anger predispose them to passive aggressive behavior.

Oh, for personal typing purposes (and the fact that you are a 7), do you think it is contradictory to be an INTP and a type 7, and do you think that they would mistype as 5s?
    it's certainly not impossible, but I don't think it would be very common. that said, in the event that that was said person's actual type, they would probably be likely to mistype as a 5
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    All I know is that I'm a textbook 4 and I've been f-in' incandescent since birth. Recently, my type 4 INFJ father's ISFP ladylove heard me venting and she turned, looked at him with her eyebrows raised and said, "Were you like this?" He dropped his head, nodded and said, "Yes. Very."

You may be more outraged, sad, hateful, frustrated, dark. But you will never be more angry than I am.

In the last Thor movie, Loki said, "Trust my rage" and I felt my sister look at me sideways, like "That's you." She's a 7 and runs much more coolly than I do.
    I am quite honestly jealous of your ability to outwardly rage so beautifully and freely. Curse your glorious 68ism! Curse my lame 79ism of holding inwards!!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

For those wondering if 9s get angry... You do realise that the anger types are 1, 8 and 9? So yes, the issue for 9s and recognising their anger as the whole falling asleep to their own needs kinda inhibits stuff like that. I promise you I experience more anger than most, maybe even all types 2 through 7, you just won't see it and until I became aware of my type, like a stereotypical 9, I would have said I wasn't an angry person and could count on one hand the amount of times I had gotten angry, I wasn't aware of it.

As for determining your type by your relationship with anger, you should be able to find your gut fix, otherwise work out your relationship with anxiety and shame for the head and heart fixes.

Angry 1s are critical, angry 8s are rage, angry 9s reflect their wings to a degree but often comes out as passive aggressive unless they explode for a moment, then it will shock people around them due to how out of character it seems.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Might be interesting.

Enneagram
    9w8

Hmmm....this thread has got me to thinking about how I act when I'm angry.

When I am angry I am apt to analyze my anger, to determine if it's justified and if it is, then I will likely speak my mind and try to resolve the issue. If the issue cannot be resolved by reason then I will begin to seek a strategy that will nullify the situation. If it's something I can't do anything about then I will seek to be alone so that I may try to make sense of things.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I am quite honestly jealous of your ability to outwardly rage so beautifully and freely. Curse your glorious 68ism! Curse my lame 79ism of holding inwards!!
    Tell me about it!

Oh to be able to harness my wing better and get the right level of assertive before the 9 suppression instincts override things. Pretty sure the 4 doesn't help the combo as it's quite happy to throw the anger inwardly and scratch all the emotional scabs, meanwhile 7 just wants to stay positive while 9 doesn't feel like it has a right to be angry. Blah.

*steals Dominos mojo*

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Tell me about it!

Oh to be able to harness my wing better and get the right level of assertive before the 9 suppression instincts override things. Pretty sure the 4 doesn't help the combo as it's quite happy to throw the anger inwardly and scratch all the emotional scabs, meanwhile 7 just wants to stay positive while 9 doesn't feel like it has a right to be angry. Blah.

*steals Dominos mojo*
    I think we need to hire Domino to speak at our monthly 479 tritype meetings. Lesson One: How to Be Angry At the Entire World While Looking Like a Model.

- On topic edit -

I read how this type with 4 in charge is the "positive 4". Which I think with 7's desire to be positive with people, 9's desire to just lay back and think of Estonia... the negative feelings I love to wallow in as a 4 end up turning inwards against me. So I may be all cuddly cheer on the outside, but it's probably in direct proportion to the amount of broken glass and bleeding soul is going on inside me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I think 4s would experience a self-destructive and implosive anger, but much more vividly than a 2. They would feel as if the whole world had turned against them because they were defective and would either take the path of condemning one's self (the contradiction of their nature) or attempting to dispel others away from themselves so that they can't be emotionally harmed.
    This is definitely true for me. Especially if the other person is upset with me as well, I take it as something wrong with *me*, even if I know they're in the wrong.

I haven't figured out my family's enneatypes yet, but based on the descriptions of type anger, my mother is either a 1 or a 7... Hmm.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I think we need to hire Domino to speak at our monthly 479 tritype meetings. Lesson One: How to Be Angry At the Entire World While Looking Like a Model.

- On topic edit -

I read how this type with 4 in charge is the "positive 4". Which I think with 7's desire to be positive with people, 9's desire to just lay back and think of Estonia... the negative feelings I love to wallow in as a 4 end up turning inwards against me. So I may be all cuddly cheer on the outside, but it's probably in direct proportion to the amount of broken glass and bleeding soul is going on inside me.
    OMG, lessons with Domino would be epic offtopicness that I would pay money for!

Yup. Positive types are 2-7-9, that's the reason it was so hard for me to find my heart fix, the 7 and 9 make it so I feel as though I have to show only positive things to the world, that if I show negativity it will result in rejection so the 4 fix is very internal and as my shame point results in a lot of conflicting feelings leaving me really not wanting to show that side of myself to anyone because it feels like some kind of failing.