• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Philosopher Archetype: Tritype 1-4-6/4-1-6/6-4-1/6-1-4/4-6-1/1-6-4

Sunny Ghost

Hey guys. I think I may be either a 4-6-1 or 4-1-6. It seems about right. But I'd like to hear more about this tritype. Who has information??

Are there others here of this variety? If so, tell me what it means to be a 1-4-6 combination of some sort.

The Philosopher Archetype:

Sunny Ghost

No one?

Calling reinforcements: [MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION] [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=9486]gromit[/MENTION] [MENTION=17945]Misty[/MENTION] [MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION] [MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION] [MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION] [MENTION=4660]msg_v2[/MENTION] Do you guys know of any on the forum? Or perhaps have information on the type?
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a 416. Tell me about yourself and I will try to discern if we are like in terms of enneagram.

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
497, sorry...dont know anyone with that combo off the top of my head either :thinking:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
416 sounds isfp'ish to me. Most of the ISFP's I meet are 4's, 6's, and 2's.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@Gingko is tagged with this tritype, but I am solidly 469.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I don't have any info besides what I already linked, unfortunately. I figured out my tritype from reading Naranjo and Maitri, one type at a time.

G

Ginkgo

As a 461, I'm often compelled to develop a theory or rule-set to live by. I'm not completely dependent on others for confirming it, but that also means I frequently rework it in my mind - even if it means I overhaul the entire goddamn thing and start from scratch. Part of me believes in the existence of universal rules, while the other part gives credence to relative factors. So I feel a pull between existential factors, scientific factors, and transcendental factors. This can create a mindset rife with inner-conflict, but most of it revolves around the concern of whether I'm doing the "right" thing vs. the concern of whether I'm being myself. It leads to adopting perspectives, criticizing them, and ultimately only seeing them as valid only insofar as they have a history with objective influence. But the idea that I ought to live by some sort of principle remains... on principle.

A 641 - [MENTION=9552]momental[/MENTION]

Have anything to add?

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll tell you a bit about myself then. All I want is a purpose, as cliched as that is. Despair is an emotion I frequently feel because I feel so lost and insignificant. I also want to be perfect. Being perfect is my life goal. I know that I can never be perfect, but I think I just work towards perfection because I will never be without a purpose, but I still feel rather empty in this because being perfect only really involves myself and I am obsessed with other people. My true passion is other people, I just want to know everything about everyone and make them happy and sacrifice myself for them and listen to their troubles and give them advice-- I'm making myself sound selfless or whatever, but my motive is extremely selfish: it's for myself I do this, not for other people. Wow, that was a tangent. Anyways, I get really really anxious. I freak out internally when things aren't perfect (which is all the time) and procrastinate. I think the main reason I am a 416 and not a 461 is because I share many many traits with 1s...
"Want to be right, to strive higher and improve everything, to be consistent with their ideals, to justify themselves, to be beyond criticism so as not to be condemned by anyone."
...and am just a six more so because of anxiety and because I wasn't a 5 or 7.

..always searching for something greater and worthy...

My advice to you would be study enneagram 6 and 1 and distinguish which sounds more like you, independent of being a 4 or whatever.
Best of luck.

Sunny Ghost

As a 461, I'm often compelled to develop a theory or rule-set to live by. I'm not completely dependent on others for confirming it, but that also means I frequently rework it in my mind - even if it means I overhaul the entire goddamn thing and start from scratch. Part of me believes in the existence of universal rules, while the other part gives credence to relative factors. So I feel a pull between existential factors, scientific factors, and transcendental factors. This can create a mindset rife with inner-conflict, but most of it revolves around the concern of whether I'm doing the "right" thing vs. the concern of whether I'm being myself. It leads to adopting perspectives, criticizing them, and ultimately only seeing them as valid only insofar as they have a history with objective influence. But the idea that I ought to live by some sort of principle remains... on principle.

A 641 - [MENTION=9552]momental[/MENTION]

Have anything to add?
This is a tad Ne. Ha. I'm trying to decide if any of this relates to myself. I don't suppose you could give more concrete examples of these rule sets?

I'll tell you a bit about myself then. All I want is a purpose, as cliched as that is. Despair is an emotion I frequently feel because I feel so lost and insignificant. I also want to be perfect. Being perfect is my life goal. I know that I can never be perfect, but I think I just work towards perfection because I will never be without a purpose, but I still feel rather empty in this because being perfect only really involves myself and I am obsessed with other people. My true passion is other people, I just want to know everything about everyone and make them happy and sacrifice myself for them and listen to their troubles and give them advice-- I'm making myself sound selfless or whatever, but my motive is extremely selfish: it's for myself I do this, not for other people. Wow, that was a tangent. Anyways, I get really really anxious. I freak out internally when things aren't perfect (which is all the time) and procrastinate. I think the main reason I am a 416 and not a 461 is because I share many many traits with 1s...
"Want to be right, to strive higher and improve everything, to be consistent with their ideals, to justify themselves, to be beyond criticism so as not to be condemned by anyone."
...and am just a six more so because of anxiety and because I wasn't a 5 or 7.

..always searching for something greater and worthy...

My advice to you would be study enneagram 6 and 1 and distinguish which sounds more like you, independent of being a 4 or whatever.
Best of luck.

Would you elaborate more on this pull between wanting to be perfect and wanting to do for or learn about others?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not into "tritype". If I had one it would be 4-5-1, aka, my core type, wing and integration point.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hello Joann,

I "might" be a 461. I've taken one of those tri-type tests and didn't really think much of it. I do not have more information for you on the subject though. The info you listed in the spoiler is the same info I've come across.

On a personal note, the inner push-pull that I often feel causes me to spend a lot of energy gathering information. By push-pull I mean the conflicting information I get from "credible" sources on any given subject. After much searching I think I'm a relativist and THAT is the universal truth. I usually keep my 4 bottled up lest I reduce my social value. I am a So dom so that's a different conflict going on. My ability to influence others is directly proportional to my social value so I need to earn it to then "spend" it.

Take Thanksgiving for example, most people are happy to accept it at face value or put a personal interpretation on it and call it good. Me, I've spent several hours internet searching for credible source information on the subject and needless to say what they teach you in school is not very accurate. I feel the urge to share this and "inform" others, but I don't, usually it just pisses people off, so I nod and go along with it. I often catch myself being subversive since I think I "know" the truth to some commonly accepted truths. Don't get me started on The Soviet Invasion of Manchuria and the "real" (tongue in cheek, ok not really) reason the Japanese surrendered, hehe. Which just goes to show you that even history is relative to the teller and their interests.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi [MENTION=10131]IndyAnnaJoan[/MENTION]

I'm 486 myself, and can share my experiences with you if you are interested. I don't have much more information on 461, however. The rule of thumb I've been taught is to ascertain what you do with rage (your gut-fix) and what you do with anxiety (your head fix).

1-fix will try to justify anger before taking action and may feel guilty for being angry later. Strong values system.
9-fix tends to suppress rage and doesn't perceive self as "angry" very often
8-fix tends to explode, then get over it. There is more comfort with one's own anger.

Of course, your core type will also influence this--a reactive type is more likely to see oneself as angry than, for instance, a positive outlook type. Many 1-fixed 4s embrace anger.

As to the head fix--

6-fix gets set off by the unknown and tends to has and rehash possible future scenarios when threatened in order to feel "safe"
7-fix tries to outrun, lighten up, or take one's mind off the source of worry.
5-fix withdraws and detaches and tries to gather information when feeling overwhelmed. The anxiety isn't always obvious to themselves or others.

Hope that's moderately helpful.

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I want to be perfect because I'm plagued with ideas of what is ideal and right and true. I want to reach my true self. Everything for me is in black and white terms and I am obsessed with being in the right.

I think the part about me being infatuated with others is sx, I think that could be disregarded.

I'm not entirely sure what of what I say is actually related to enneagram, so if you have anything to add about yourself, please share and I will give you my opinion.

Sunny Ghost

Hi [MENTION=10131]IndyAnnaJoan[/MENTION]

I'm 486 myself, and can share my experiences with you if you are interested. I don't have much more information on 461, however. The rule of thumb I've been taught is to ascertain what you do with rage (your gut-fix) and what you do with anxiety (your head fix).

1-fix will try to justify anger before taking action and may feel guilty for being angry later. Strong values system.
9-fix tends to suppress rage and doesn't perceive self as "angry" very often
8-fix tends to explode, then get over it. There is more comfort with one's own anger.

Of course, your core type will also influence this--a reactive type is more likely to see oneself as angry than, for instance, a positive outlook type. Many 1-fixed 4s embrace anger.

As to the head fix--

6-fix gets set off by the unknown and tends to has and rehash possible future scenarios when threatened in order to feel "safe"
7-fix tries to outrun, lighten up, or take one's mind off the source of worry.
5-fix withdraws and detaches and tries to gather information when feeling overwhelmed. The anxiety isn't always obvious to themselves or others.

Hope that's moderately helpful.

e1 sounds right.

I can't decide with the head fix. I'd possibly say 6w7 based off those descriptions.

Thanks for the input.