MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    e1 sounds right.

I can't decide with the head fix. I'd possibly say 6w7 based off those descriptions.

Thanks for the input.
    It's prolly your last fix, then.

Same for me, and I thought I would be 5- or 7-fixed at first, and based on that, I'd still type that way. But I've seen myself go through endless ruminations when confronted with an unknown situation, once in a blue moon. Observe yourself for these tendencies.

brainheart

Decided it's likely mine. I guess it fits the most of any of them. I am definitely a philosopher, and I related the most to this of any of the blurbs about the tritypes:

you have strong emotions and are inclined to voice your feelings and intuitions. You care deeply and want to help others improve the expectations they have of themselves.

Your life mission is to find truth and help others understand what has intrinsic value. A true philosopher, you are happiest when you can use your intuition to help others find meaning.
    I don't think of myself being overly moral and not particularly diligent, but I do have strong values, and I hate looking like an idiot/like I'm doing things wrong. The idea of making a mistake/ not being my ideal self in front of others kills me. I have high expectations of myself and can be critical of others. I have a temper, but I feel bad when I blow up. I thought possibly nine as a fix but I am very in touch with my anger. Eights seem a little too out with their anger/strong-willed for me. Mine erupts, but I try to contain it.

As far as six goes, this has been a hard one for me. I very much identify with my five wing, but I read somewhere that sixes can be just as curious and inquisitive but they find security in their relationships moreso than in their mental constructs. If my closest, most intimate relationships feel insecure (and that's all that really matters to me as an sx/sp), I completely lose my shit and am terrified they are going to leave me. (I might not show it, but that's what is going on in my mind, total panic.) All fours desire a savior and fear abandonment, but I think for a sexual four with a six head fix it's really apparent, as in they are going to feel a little borderline. That said, the five still holds a lot of influence in me and I can be very self reliant, resourceful, and independent. I find a lot of security in information as well as in relationships. I also think that six, due to being sandwiched between five and seven possesses qualities of both, and I can see all three head types active in myself. Similarly, I have a very strong two component to myself- as well as an element of nine, so I think it makes sense that my gut type would be positioned between two and nine.

That said, I'm still not sold on the point of tritype, but if I'm going to go with the theory, this seems to be the most likely result.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post

I'm 486 myself, and can share my experiences with you if you are interested. I don't have much more information on 461, however. The rule of thumb I've been taught is to ascertain what you do with rage (your gut-fix) and what you do with anxiety (your head fix).

1-fix will try to justify anger before taking action and may feel guilty for being angry later. Strong values system.
    9-fix tends to suppress rage and doesn't perceive self as "angry" very often
    8-fix tends to explode, then get over it. There is more comfort with one's own anger.

Of course, your core type will also influence this--a reactive type is more likely to see oneself as angry than, for instance, a positive outlook type. Many 1-fixed 4s embrace anger.

As to the head fix--

6-fix gets set off by the unknown and tends to has and rehash possible future scenarios when threatened in order to feel "safe"
    7-fix tries to outrun, lighten up, or take one's mind off the source of worry.
    5-fix withdraws and detaches and tries to gather information when feeling overwhelmed. The anxiety isn't always obvious to themselves or others.

Hope that's moderately helpful.
    I do see the 5 in myself but bahaha the 8 description is so horribly, hilariously true of me!

This is a great description that I'll definitely file away. Do you have the heart fix descriptions as well?
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    I do see the 5 in myself but bahaha the 8 description is so horribly, hilariously true of me!

This is a great description that I'll definitely file away. Do you have the heart fix descriptions as well?
    Sadly, I do not, but I was writing that for a core image type. I may be able to fix something up at a future date, however.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Sadly, I do not, but I was writing that for a core image type. I may be able to fix something up at a future date, however.
    Oh, I didn't realize you wrote these! Right on, great job!

Let me know when you add the Image/Heart descriptions, in the meantime I'll just improvise if I use it to help anyone determine tritype. Credit to you (or your username really), of course.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Oh, I didn't realize you wrote these! Right on, great job!

Let me know when you add the Image/Heart descriptions, in the meantime I'll just improvise if I use it to help anyone determine tritype. Credit to you (or your username really), of course.
    I'll let ya know.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Decided it's likely mine. I guess it fits the most of any of them. I am definitely a philosopher, and I related the most to this of any of the blurbs about the tritypes:

I don't think of myself being overly moral and not particularly diligent, but I do have strong values, and I hate looking like an idiot/like I'm doing things wrong. The idea of making a mistake/ not being my ideal self in front of others kills me. I have high expectations of myself and can be critical of others. I have a temper, but I feel bad when I blow up. I thought possibly nine as a fix but I am very in touch with my anger. Eights seem a little too out with their anger/strong-willed for me. Mine erupts, but I try to contain it.

As far as six goes, this has been a hard one for me. I very much identify with my five wing, but I read somewhere that sixes can be just as curious and inquisitive but they find security in their relationships moreso than in their mental constructs. If my closest, most intimate relationships feel insecure (and that's all that really matters to me as an sx/sp), I completely lose my shit and am terrified they are going to leave me. (I might not show it, but that's what is going on in my mind, total panic.) All fours desire a savior and fear abandonment, but I think for a sexual four with a six head fix it's really apparent, as in they are going to feel a little borderline. That said, the five still holds a lot of influence in me and I can be very self reliant, resourceful, and independent. I find a lot of security in information as well as in relationships. I also think that six, due to being sandwiched between five and seven possesses qualities of both, and I can see all three head types active in myself. Similarly, I have a very strong two component to myself- as well as an element of nine, so I think it makes sense that my gut type would be positioned between two and nine.

That said, I'm still not sold on the point of tritype, but if I'm going to go with the theory, this seems to be the most likely result.
    This seems accurate.

(Sorry, just now seeing it!)
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post

This seems accurate.

(Sorry, just now seeing it!)
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I thought this thread would be a good one to revive seeing some months have passed and there are some new members, myself included.

I'm either a 641 or a 461 sp/so (leaning 641 at the moment).

Anybody else with this tritype want to chime in?

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Thought I'd revist this thread and post what little information there is on the 461 tri-type.

146 – The Philosopher Archetype

Diligent, intuitive, and inquisitive. Wants to be ethical, original and certain. Morally focused, you have strong emotions and are inclined to voice your feelings and intuitions. You care deeply and want to help others improve the expectations they have of themselves.

Your life mission is to find truth and help others understand what has intrinsic value. A true philosopher, you are happiest when you can use your intuition to help others find meaning.

You can be so identified with what you perceive is the morally correct way of being that you can come across as overly prudish, rigid and inflexible.

461: Inquisitive and discerning 4. Most compliant and rule-oriented 4. 6ish. Tends to run high anxiety especially if self-preserving.

David Fauvre also said that 461's have a bit of a 'bite' to them."

The expectations people have of themselves resonated with me. People who negative self talk, "I can't do X, I'll never be good at X" really gets me going internally. Whether or not I share that with them is directly proportional to the level of trust I have with them. Shooting yourself in the foot limits ones potential by discouraging us from trying new things and that 'thing' might just be the thing we've been searching for to give/add meaning & purpose to your life. If you can't say it, you can't do it.

Being agnostic/neutral about what we can do or will be good at just makes sense. Until we learn otherwise from actually trying.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft