• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneagram Compatibility

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure if there are. I am willing to bet that there probably does exist some theory somewhere. I am not very much involved in the enneagram, so I would not know for certain or not. I, a 5 (wings currently undecided), find myself generally irritated by 2s, 7s, 3s, 6w7s, and 8w7s. I generally get along relatively well with 5s, 4w5s, 6w5s, 1w9s, 9w8s. The rest (4w3s, 1w2s, 8w9s, 9w1s) I usually have no remarkable opinion of.
That looks like you (an introverted and independent type) getting along with other introverted types and being irritated by extraverted or dependent types

(One grouping of the types is Dependent Types -2,6,7, Aggressive Types -8,3,1, and Withdrawing Types -5,9,4).

This is a typical pattern in temperament theory. (Not Keirseyan temperament, which is not based on I/E, but more like the Interaction Styles). While you may clash with 7's, is there still a kind of attraction to them?

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interestingly, Nines and Eights pair often, even with the man being the Nine. Funny though, since the one loves to fight so much and the other hates it.

But it's always nice to hear someone(even a man) throw on some positive words for Ones. I rarely see people mention us when talking about attraction. :cry:

Ones are hot.

I'm a four who is a sucker for eights.

You're a four???
Me too.

That looks like you (an introverted and independent type) getting along with other introverted types and being irritated by extraverted or dependent types

(One grouping of the types is Dependent Types -2,6,7, Aggressive Types -8,3,1, and Withdrawing Types -5,9,4).

This is a typical pattern in temperament theory. (Not Keirseyan temperament, which is not based on I/E, but more like the Interaction Styles). While you may clash with 7's, is there still a kind of attraction to them?

Oh cool. Ok I'm a withdrawn type that's attracted to dependent types. Is that common?

:)

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm a head-type (5w6). For some reason I get along pretty well with heart-types (2,3,4), particularly Dreamers (4). It must be their introspection and gentleness that I find attractive and easy to get along with. On the other hand, I don't know many other head-types in real life (5,6,7) and I wonder how well I would get along with them...

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I got a three-way tie (same score) for 8, 6 and 1 but it said I was 8. How did it get there? Anyway, I take it that this means I am multiply compatible with many many people. :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got a three-way tie (same score) for 8, 6 and 1 but it said I was 8. How did it get there? Anyway, I take it that this means I am multiply compatible with many many people. :D

It means that you aren't extremely stuck to certain patterns or archetypes. Odds are if you keep taking the test over and over again, a single type is more likely to show itself in the average results.

What I can say is that between 1, 6, and 8, you are probably rather cynical. :D I imagine you're tough and stubborn, too.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a 2 attracted to OHNOs...

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anywhere NTPs are located, apparently.

Eight, Seven, Five, are the most common bets, I think. Still, I'm a One even though I'm an INTP. I'll find some way to sell type Ones.

I am prepared to argue, if anyone disagrees with me, that Batman is actually a One. Ehhhh? Ehhhhhh? I'm Batman!(and Jesus Christ, Martin Luther, John Calvin, and Adolf Hitler... ahem).

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
It means that you aren't extremely stuck to certain patterns or archetypes. Odds are if you keep taking the test over and over again, a single type is more likely to show itself in the average results.

What I can say is that between 1, 6, and 8, you are probably rather cynical. :D I imagine you're tough and stubborn, too.

Hmmm . . . I forgot to mention that 4/5 tie for next strongest. That, my friend, makes a quivering puddle of gooey sensitivity. :smile:
Are you buying what I am selling yet?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm . . . I forgot to mention that 4/5 tie for next strongest. That, my friend, makes a quivering puddle of gooey sensitivity. :smile:
Are you buying what I am selling yet?

I never buy things without knowing the price. :coffee:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not impressed. Now, a steaming COW PAT of sensitivity - now THERE's a winner!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gee kid. Live a little. Who know what wonderful surprises you will find in the goodie bag.

Actually, usually goodie bags give you the price, but you don't know what the product is. You're giving me the product, but not telling me the price.
I could find a really nice pen, and think "I want this pen", but if I'm not allowed to know the price, then I could buy it and find out that it was $200 for that little pen.

If I didn't avoid things like that, I just wouldn't be a type One INTP now would I? :smooch:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That pen only wants to surprise you, Magic. I mean really! Spoilsport! :D

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Actually, usually goodie bags give you the price, but you don't know what the product is. You're giving me the product, but not telling me the price.
I could find a really nice pen, and think "I want this pen", but if I'm not allowed to know the price, then I could buy it and find out that it was $200 for that little pen.

If I didn't avoid things like that, I just wouldn't be a type One INTP now would I? :smooch:
In theory. I knew one who would learn about price only when it was time to pay. Then again he was a spoiled brat with little reverence for the value of money. Sometimes you get more than you bargained for though. ;)

*ends attempt at snake oil peddling*

That pen only wants to surprise you, Magic. I mean really! Spoilsport! :D
killjoys come so young these days, don't they?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In theory. I knew one who would learn about price only when it was time to pay. Then again he was a spoiled brat with little reverence for the value of money. Sometimes you get more than you bargained for though. ;)

*ends attempt at snake oil peddling*

Snake oil tastes like pure glee.

killjoys come so young these days, don't they?

They do. It's a sad sad testament to the state of our world. Who can we rely on for impractical cynical exuberance if not our 19 year olds? Who told him he could be practical, open and introspective?! That's decay, my friend! DE. CAY. :D The 19 year olds in my glory day were black miasmic clouds of deplorable angst and unsafe driving! Bring it back!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They do. It's a sad sad testament to the state of our world. Who can we rely on for impractical cynical exuberance if not our 19 year olds? Who told him he could be practical, open and introspective?! That's decay, my friend! DE. CAY. :D The 19 year olds in my glory day were black miasmic clouds of deplorable angst and unsafe driving! Bring it back!

It's still mostly like that, I'm afraid. :dry:

Didums

No love for 5s... :( especially no love for 5s with a 6 wing.. we're boring :zzz: