User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Considering how fives fear being useless, helpless and incapable, when they finally attach in relationships, they can be quite clingy and needy.
    So true.

I think I have been surprised by how inconsiderate 9s can be sometimes. Mine seems blissfully unaware of how her actions impact other people.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Social 7s
    For the longest time it baffled me why 7s are said to mistype at 2...then I read about the Social 7. Social 7s are what most people think of when they think of 7. they're bright, bubbly, cheerful, entertaining and typically enjoy large social events. however, when compared to Self Preservation, Sexual 7s and the core neurosis of 7, Social 7s are really the anti 7 of the bunch. Naranjo refers to Social 7s as anti gluttony and Maitri gives them the theme of Sacrifice.

Social Instinct
    when I first read about the social instinct, it made me think of tribal gatherings, bars full of drunken sports fans and high school cliques, but I've come to realize that the Social instinct is generally the most intellectual of the instincts, possessing and almost Ni-ish means of knowing what's going on and how everything and everyone are interconnected (which I'm increasingly finding is a very useful ability that I lack completely). contrary to my previous opinions, So doms are also among the most socially critical types and can typically tell you all manner of things they'd like to see changed in their society or the world at large.
    Yeah, I know you love me but thanks for making a post to show how much you appreciate me.

8s

When I first got into e-gram, the thought of an 8 (thanks to sketchy online descriptions) just terrified me to be honest. I thought being around one would cause me to deplete a lot of my emotional energy, interacting with them would always be intense, etc. But I realized that 8s are surprisingly level-headed in every day situations. Their assertion and confidence is expressed with that steady energy that I associate with the rest of the gut center, and their straight-shooting attitude and level of willpower is actually a breath of fresh air. Being friends with an 8 is actually the exact opposite of my first impression, it makes you feel really safe and secure. They're fun to be around and you have that reassurance that they'll always have your back. Awesome people.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    So true.

I think I have been surprised by how inconsiderate 9s can be sometimes. Mine seems blissfully unaware of how her actions impact other people.
    Yes! I've noticed this about some 9's. Especially the ISFP 9's that are sx.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Yes! I've noticed this about some 9's. Especially the ISFP 9's that are sx.
    Mine is an INFP. I think it probably just strikes me the most because as a 2 I'm pretty much always in tune with other people's feelings. The idea of not being that way is just totally foreign to me.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@Showbread @IndyAnnaJoan
    What are some examples of that 9 behavior?
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

@Misty @Showbread

The two girls I am thinking of: both are ISFP e9 sx.

They aren't purposefully inconsiderate, but sometimes have a selfishness to them. They just don't always seem to think about how they affect others.

For example, the one girl and I were moving in together. I kept reminding the girl of the move in date and what papers needed to be filled out and turned in and reminded her about getting the power and cable switched over and so forth. I was hoping we could both also help one another move our stuff. She kept forgetting and neglecting packing, the lease paperwork, calling the power and cable companies, etc. The weekend we were moving, she disappeared and went out partying for a couple of days. She drank hard and even did ecstasy. Basically not in any fit condition to take care of business. So I moved my stuff without her help and had it pretty much completed by the time she was supposed to be moved out of her apartment, too. She was supposed to be OUT of her apartment by the next morning. So even though I packed all of my stuff and moved it without her help, I was now put in the position of also moving her. She was sick due to the hard partying weekend, even came down with strep throat. So myself, and our good friend who already helped move my stuff, came to her rescue. We boxed, packed, put in the car, moved her stuff and then had to stay up late into the night to clean the apartment because it was a complete wreck and had to be cleaned (otherwise there would have been additional charges for her.) She didn't take care of any of the other stuff, like calling the electric and cable company and filling out the lease until that day, too. It's just incredibly irritating, and I suppose I'm just a bit more structured than that. I felt as though it was inconsiderate to not help me, but to expect me to come help her.

There was another time I was trying to prepare a meal for myself, her and her boyfriend. She's a vegetarian, so I bought her some of the faux meat. I was trying to prepare the meal, and was going to cook the real meat first since it takes longer to cook, then was going to cook the faux meat last. I had it all planned out, and asked if she would help cut the vegetables. Just as I was getting the stove fired up, she came and put her faux meat on to start cooking it. I was irritated because I didn't want both of us standing at the stove together, and wanted her to just take care of the other portion of the meal, that way there wouldn't be any mix ups. We just kept getting in one another's way. Then! Then the spoons from the real meat and the faux meat kept getting mixed up. I wanted to prevent this from occurring by just cooking the two at separate times, but alas she sorta screwed that up. She got upset that the spoon that was in the meat got her on vegetarian version. I told her to just get away from the stove at this point. Then the spoons got mixed up again, completely my fault this time. She then exclaimed, "I can't eat this." I could have screamed at that moment. I took the frying pan and threw the contents straight into the trash in anger. It angered me because I wanted to do something nice and had it all worked out in my head, what needed to be cooked at what time, etc. I felt as though she was inconsiderate in just leaping in and worrying about her faux meat before anything else, rather than asking me what needed to be done on the meal I was planning. Maybe I'm just rigid.

Both of these girls have a habit of taking off and neglecting their responsibilities, even their pets, forcing their roommates to pick up the slack. I cooked my roommates dog eggs and salmon this morning before I left for work because she hasn't been home in a couple of nights and we've run out of dog food. It's not my responsibility to buy the dog food since it's not my dog, but I'm not going to let the dog go hungry. She still isn't home and I can't decide if I should run to the store or just cook up some eggs and throw in some cat food.

Don't get me wrong, I love my roommate. She's a lot of fun and really cool and chill. But sometimes I just want to shake her.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    @Showbread @IndyAnnaJoan
    What are some examples of that 9 behavior?
    Mine is an INFP, also my roommate, I think probably an so variant.

She is constantly late, and doesn't bother to tell you when she is going to arrive an hour late to something. She also talks and giggles during the most inappropriate times during movies and gets mad if you ask her to stop. And she can be insanely loud when other people in our house are trying to sleep.

She leaves messes everywhere. Like slightly gross messes, not just clutter. But essentially refuses to help my other roommates and I with the cleaning because "she doesn't care if it's clean so she shouldn't have to help."
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Mine is an INFP, also my roommate, I think probably an so variant.

She is constantly late, and doesn't bother to tell you when she is going to arrive an hour late to something. She also talks and giggles during the most inappropriate times during movies and gets mad if you ask her to stop. And she can be insanely loud when other people in our house are trying to sleep.

She leaves messes everywhere. Like slightly gross messes, not just clutter. But essentially refuses to help my other roommates and I with the cleaning because "she doesn't care if it's clean so she shouldn't have to help."
    My roommate just seems wholly unaware of messes. Beer cans everywhere, spills on the floor, pet hair everywhere, or the dirty litter box. One of the cats are hers, but somehow that duty seems to always fall on me. And I have to remind her to do things like take out the trash, vacuum, wash dishes, or pick up the porch. She's getting better at it, but it took me getting really upset a couple of times. Like, amazingly, she washed the dishes before she took off for a couple of days. But still hasn't touched the litter box. edit: Actually, it was probably her boyfriend that washed the dishes, now that I think about it. He cleans around here more often than she does.

Also, I wake for work at 4:45 some mornings and don't come back until after 8pm. She used to be bad about playing music loudly and giggly obnoxiously all through the hours of the night. But she's become more conscientious after I mentioned it a couple of times.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISTP

It all depends on the 9. I've seen some who are blissfully unaware, whereas having an 8 wing myself, the inconsiderateness is more due to apathy than being unaware.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    My roommate just seems wholly unaware of messes. Beer cans everywhere, spills on the floor, pet hair everywhere, or the dirty litter box. One of the cats are hers, but somehow that duty seems to always fall on me. And I have to remind her to do things like take out the trash, vacuum, wash dishes, or pick up the porch. She's getting better at it, but it took me getting really upset a couple of times. Like, amazingly, she washed the dishes before she took off for a couple of days. But still hasn't touched the litter box. edit: Actually, it was probably her boyfriend that washed the dishes, now that I think about it. He cleans around here more often than she does.

Also, I wake for work at 4:45 some mornings and don't come back until after 8pm. She used to be bad about playing music loudly and giggly obnoxiously all through the hours of the night. But she's become more conscientious after I mentioned it a couple of times.
    Exactly. Once my roommate left a takeout box with food in it out on her desk for a week. Our room wreaked of broccoli. She didn't understand why that was gross.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*