• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneatype the person above you based on their tastes in music.

Sunny Ghost

I think ISPs and INJs come off as 'darker' than ENFPs and NTPs at least. I'd say many SPs and NJs in general have more of an 'edge' to their presence than NPs and SJs do, even if it's subtle. You don't see many ENFPs presenting themselves the way Miley Cyrus, Chris Brown or Lil Wayne do for example (all ESFPs), and ENTPs like Quentin Tarantino and Rainn Wilson are much more jolly/agreeable than Anna Wintour, Charlie Sheen or @DJArendee (ESTPs), but that's something else entirely...

I tend to think of a lot of NF's as having an edge to them. Especially INFx's. Even the bubbly ones seem to have a darkness in the center. Some NT's, too.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think ISPs and INJs come off as 'darker' than ENFPs and NTPs at least. I'd say many SPs and NJs in general have more of an 'edge' to their presence than NPs and SJs do, even if it's subtle. You don't see many ENFPs presenting themselves the way Miley Cyrus, Chris Brown or Lil Wayne do for example (all ESFPs), and ENTPs like Quentin Tarantino and Rainn Wilson are much more jolly/agreeable than Anna Wintour, Charlie Sheen or @DJArendee (ESTPs), but that's something else entirely...

- Lil Wayne is ENTP
- Quentin Tarantino is ENFP (and not agreeable at all lol)
- some ENFPs can come across as pretty dark, especially once you get to know them.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- Lil Wayne is ENTP
- Quentin Tarantino is ENFP (and not agreeable at all lol)
- some ENFPs can come across as pretty dark, especially once you get to know them.

I used to think ENTP, but I think ESTP and ENFP would fit as well.
Edit: for Lil Wayne

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]
7w6-9w1-3w2
Me:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18559]Polly[/MENTION]
4w5>6w5>8w9 So/Sx

W

WALMART

Two hours. Really.

Only nines have that kind of time to groove to music :p

;)

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=5289]mcgooglian[/MENTION] 9w8 sx/sp or sp/so, 952 or 974.

I'm curious how people would type me based on the music I listened to when I was younger:

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
[MENTION=4349]INA[/MENTION] I don't know enough of your taste overall to make a good call, but NIN is very 5w4/4w5. Talking Heads link had no sound, so I can't comment on that. The first song has a rawness to it. All of the songs are musically memorable & catchy despite being dark, deep, tumultuous. I'd give it a 4w5 because a 5 might pick more power-oriented, technically-oriented NIN songs. As for the opera track, its 'feel' strikes me as 4w5 and I associate opera with 3w4 and 4w5 although this isn't always true depending on the song. From this selection I don't have much sense of a gut fix but it feels more '5w4' to me than the other head-fixes.

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] your taste in music definitely has a 1-fix. :D

1s can be romantic in that "tasteful nostalgia" sort of way that your opera is in general. I would associate opera as a genre with type 3w4 or 4w5, also. There's a kind of elitist 'polish' to it. It gets really emotional but there are always really glamorous, rehearsed presentations. It's different than, even, catchy broadway-theater type songs that you can sing at karaoke. Opera is a whole other thing; it's a very difficult thing to even imitate, you can't just sing opera in the shower if you don't know what you're doing. You can't copy their outfits if you're not rich or very "in on" how to acquire such things. There's a very 'elite' presentation about it , even though it is also emotional and gets at the gut. As for 7w6, I am sure it's your core, but the 7w6s I know have wildly different tastes in music to the point where I'm not sure I can pin a 7 by their music. They are usually snobby about music needing to be "well done" and intelligent in my experience.

That's not an insult, I'm a huge snob as well, but my snobbiness is about how "raw" and "animal" it is or how it makes me feel; how the artist communicates. I don't give a crap if people think it's 'base' or the songs I like are 'too catchy.' If it hits me at the gut and rips my heart out and makes me feel naked I'm in. If not I ignore it regardless how 'well done' it is. For instance I hate masterbatory jazz. Skills are like math; if there's no message I'm not impressed..

I like a lot of music but the artists I have listened to almost exclusively for years have peaked as follows:

Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, and Miss Saigon - age 8-15 (secondarily Nirvana, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Enya, Enigma, Pink Floyd)
Marilyn Manson - age 17-19 (secondarily, Tori Amos, Apoptygma Berserk)
Nine Inch Nails - age 19-21 (secondarily Godhead, Deftones, Portishead, Tool, Perfect Circle)
The Beatles - age 22-24ish (secondarily Tea Party, Left Banke, Chopin)
(A few years of rock, was in a cover band - Guns N Roses, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Queen, Pink Floyd etc.)
Jeff Beck - age 27-29 (secondarily Carney, Muse, Queensryche, SRV)
The Tea Party - almost exclusively for 3 years atm (secondarily Evanescence, Bach, Beethoven).

I'll post some of my favorite tracks by some of my favorite artist-obsessions.
These songs capture my mindset entirely.