4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

@Stansmith:

6w7>4w5>9w8 sp/sx

Music choices within:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    @OrangeAppled, there's something so stylishly flamboyant about all of your choices (yet tastefully reserved) that makes me want to say 4w3 sp/sx. 80s new wave seems very 4w3 to me. Tritype wise my guess would be 4w3 5w4 1w9 sp/sx
    I entirely agree with this actually. It's likely several of those singers are 4w3.

Beyond music choices, I have considered 4w3 for my type, because I myself can be "stylishly flamboyant", but reading more indepth has solidified to me that I have a 5 wing. Feedback I've gotten from family & friends since I was a child sounds so heavily like Narnanjo's & Maitri's (& other) 5 descriptions, it's humorous. These 5 "issues" have caused me more grief in life than the kind of problems a 3 (or 3 winger) brings on themselves with their fixation. In a practical sense, growth strategies for 5s are generally more useful to me than ones for 3 fixes. Integration for 5 makes more sense for me also, although not as much as 4 integration (which sort of sealed my type when I first started reading up on egram).

My view of wings is the idea that one is "stronger", but that your type is almost like a blend of your wings. When I first read the idea that the fix of each type is like a blend of its wings' fixations, then it really made sense to me.
    There's something about this that makes way more sense to me in terms of human psychology, because this makes enneagram something like a, er, spectrum. Fixations are not neat categories in that way; it's sort of akin to hair color or eye color, etc. Anyways, it's hard for me to put it into words, but it's this idea of all the fixations being held by people in varying degrees, and the way they relate back to your core type explains the way they play out in your psychology and visible personality.

So I see all 4s as having obvious elements of 3 & 5 fixations & their traits. I think 4s being image types gets downplayed by people too...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    6 sx

@CuriousFeeling
    5w4-9w1-2w1 sx/so
    BTW I love the idea!

brainheart

@OrangeAppled, yes. I wasn't typing you but rather your music

That said, I do see the 4w3 qualities that are in your music in you as well. And I agree that we are a blend of the types surrounding us. I definitely see the three in me at times, too, and it isn't all that pretty. I think part of the four image- especially the 4w5 image- is that we act like we don't care about our image, so I think we're sneaky like that.

What would you say about my songs?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

@brainheart
    I'd go with:
    4w5-5w6-9w1 so/sp for the music. This music reminds me of a very self-concious, withdrawn social type, and it's a bit too detached to be sx. Modest Mouse & their nervous energy warrants a 6 wing on the head type.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    6 sx

Hmm the analysis here sounds rather deep, can you guys really tell all that from music :o ?

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticbrain View Post
    Hmm the analysis here sounds rather deep, can you guys really tell all that from music :o ?
    hell no
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    @brainheart
    I'd go with:
    4w5-5w6-9w1 so/sp for the music. This music reminds me of a very self-concious, withdrawn social type, and it's a bit too detached to be sx. Modest Mouse & their nervous energy warrants a 6 wing on the head type.
    There's so much hatred in the lyrics, though. I'm wondering if people type based on music only or if they consider the lyrics as well. I would definitely say I'm drawn to kind of pretty/mellow music but with emotionally intense/harsh/bleak lyrics. I like the contrast, where the dark depths emerge over time vs it being heavy handed or obtrusive.