• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneatype the person above you based on their tastes in music.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's so much hatred in the lyrics, though. I'm wondering if people type based on music only or if they consider the lyrics as well. I would definitely say I'm drawn to kind of pretty/mellow music but with emotionally intense/harsh/bleak lyrics. I like the contrast, where the dark depths emerge over time vs it being heavy handed or obtrusive.

Yeah, I was just going on "vibe".

S

Stansmith

I think SeNi types might have more of a natural curiosity towards the morbid and neurotic (not that my taste is that alienating or strange, but it is somewhat gloomy) than Alphas and Deltas, which could explain why some of my choices seem 4-fixerish to some. Betas and Gammas are described as 'dark' or disagreeable, or something along those lines.

Sunny Ghost

I think SeNi types might have more of a natural curiosity towards the morbid and neurotic (not that my taste is that alienating or strange, but it is somewhat gloomy) when it comes to art than Alphas and Deltas, which could explain why some of my choices seem "4-ish" to some . Betas and Gammas are described as 'dark' or disagreeable, or something along those lines.

I don't know that all Se/Ni types are. But maybe... :thinking:

What's the Alpha, beta, delta, gamma stuff? I thought that was a socionics thing.

Sunny Ghost

[MENTION=71]JAVO[/MENTION]: 6w7, 1w9, 4w5
[MENTION=8888]CuriousFeeling[/MENTION]: 4w5, 5w6 or 6w5, 1w9

S

Stansmith

What's the Alpha, beta, delta, gamma stuff? I thought that was a socionics thing.

Alpha - NTPs and SFJs
Beta - STPs and NFJs
Gamma - NTJs and SFPs
Delta - NFPs and STJs

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=18559]Polly[/MENTION] 4w3 or 7, Sx/So or So/Sp.

The music is blatantly Sx/So at first, but there's a So/Sp vibe too -- reminds me a little of Marilyn Manson, a so/sp 4 whose music seems more like something you'd expect from a Sx/So. Definitely not social-last, though. The energy of most of the songs is too "present."

And I think contra-flow because there's that outpouring of intensity into the social realm (Sx-->So) that I don't relate to at all.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IndyAnnaJoan said:
I don't know that all Se/Ni types are. But maybe...

As it should be :p

Alpha - NTPs and SFJs
Beta - STPs and NFJs
Gamma - NTJs and SFPs
Delta - NFPs and STJs

You have the idea, but it's a bit confusing when you use the MBTI (all caps) letters to represent them. I'd rather group them by functions.

IndyAnnaJoan said:
Where could I read more on that?

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Wikisocion_home
http://socionics.us/theory.shtml

chaoticbrain

MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think SeNi types might have more of a natural curiosity towards the morbid and neurotic (not that my taste is that alienating or strange, but it is somewhat gloomy) than Alphas and Deltas, which could explain why some of my choices seem 4-fixerish to some. Betas and Gammas are described as 'dark' or disagreeable, or something along those lines.

Se/Ni is more prone to a more dark and fixed worldview, but I don't think it can necessarily be correlated to art. People can be attracted to a lot of different art for different reasons imo.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Alpha - NTPs and SFJs
Beta - STPs and NFJs
Gamma - NTJs and SFPs
Delta - NFPs and STJs

Alpha - ILE (ENTp), LII (INTj), ESE (ESFj), SEI (ISFp)
Beta - EIE (ENFj), IEI (INFp), SLE (ESTp), LSI (ISTj)
Gamma - LIE (ENTj), ILI (INTp), SEE (ESFp), ESI (ISFj)
Delta - IEE (ENFp), EII (INFj), LSE (ESTj), SLI (ISTp)

Try to think of it this way: IEE = Intuitive, Ethical Extravert. IEE's dominant function is Ne, so it's a perceiving type. That translates to ENFp. SLI = Sensing, Logical Introvert. SLI's dominant function is Si, so therefore it's a perceiving type. That translates to ISTp even though SiTe makes ISTJ in Jungian MBTI.

You have the idea, but it's a bit confusing when you use the MBTI (all caps) letters to represent them. I'd rather group them by functions.

Basically this. They can be correlated but at the end of the day MBTI and Socionics are two different theories. I'm pretty sure my ex-bitchy friend was MBTI ESTJ and Socionics ESI (ISFj).

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:cry: I think I'm an ISFj in socionics. :shrug:

If it helps you decide, you can look at the subtypes. For example, I'm IEE-Fi. Even though my dominant function is Ne I put more emphasis on Fi (which, now that I think about it, could explain why some think I don't vibe "N" that strongly since it's all drowned out by "F").

If neither of them fit you can look at another type and its subtypes with the little navigator at the bottom of the page. :alttongue:

Also I think we're derailing this thread a bit - don't want grumpy little Elfboy to get his panties in a bunch. You can always send me a PM or visitor message if you feel like it. :)

Sunny Ghost

If it helps you decide, you can look at the subtypes. For example, I'm IEE-Fi. Even though my dominant function is Ne I put more emphasis on Fi (which, now that I think about it, could explain why some think I don't vibe "N" that strongly since it's all drowned out by "F").

If neither of them fit you can look at another type and its subtypes with the little navigator at the bottom of the page. :alttongue:

Also I think we're derailing this thread a bit - don't want grumpy little Elfboy to get his panties in a bunch. You can always send me a PM or visitor message if you feel like it. :)
Yeah, we definitely are. Sorry [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION].

I looked into Socionics a long time ago. I'm pretty certain I came out ISFj/ESI. But it's been a while. I get too mixed up going back and forth between the two, and gave up trying to understand it.

H

Hate

They had a warrant for their death
... so I served it.

I breathe smokeless fire,
the Jinn type
... that'll make you hate the way Allah made you to live life.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
You got two of the types right Indy. I'll let you guess which two

B

brainheart

ISFPs more dark than INFPs? Um, no.

As [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] said, different systems. I can't figure out what my socionics type would be (I hate the socionics descriptions, something about them rubs me the wrong way. They seem reeaally cheesy) because none of them sound like me but I do know it's not INFj.

Back to the thread, I'm wondering if people for whom the lyrics carry as much weight as the music should say that and post the lyrics as well so that they can also be taken into consideration.

S

Stansmith

ISFPs more dark than INFPs? Um, no.

As [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] said, different systems. I can't figure out what my socionics type would be (I hate the socionics descriptions, something about them rubs me the wrong way. They seem reeaally cheesy) because none of them sound like me but I do know it's not INFj.

Back to the thread, I'm wondering if people for whom the lyrics carry as much weight as the music should say that and post the lyrics as well so that they can also be taken into consideration.

I think ISPs and INJs come off as 'darker' than ENFPs and NTPs at least. I'd say many SPs and NJs in general have more of an 'edge' to their presence than NPs and SJs do, even if it's subtle. You don't see many ENFPs presenting themselves the way Miley Cyrus, Chris Brown or Lil Wayne do for example (all ESFPs), and ENTPs like Quentin Tarantino and Rainn Wilson are much more jolly/agreeable than Anna Wintour, Charlie Sheen or @DJArendee (ESTPs), but that's something else entirely...

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
RedRum, based on the first song especially, I'd say cp 6w5 with 8 and 3 in there.