• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneatype the person above you based on their tastes in music.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=18445]thoughtlost[/MENTION] 6w7 1w2 3w4 sp/so - certain about 6w7. The first video involves themes of people supporting each other and their motivations in relation to fear and the unknown. The second video also deals a lot with fear, and 1sh elements of strength and perseverance are thrown in. The last video has the same supportive elements thrown in and ideas of coming together - and I think the joy and freedom behind it is a little 7ish. 3w4 was hard but I think out of the heart types that one deals with themes of maintaining one's sense of integrity in the face of personal obstacles (which stands out a lot in the second song). I think one of the patterns in your musical selection is survival which is why I said sp-first, but the 6 flavored kind where softness and warmth are seen as keys to that survival. So-second because of the first and second videos which do have some social dynamic awareness/ideals incorporated.

Edit: I got ninja'd :cry: [MENTION=20761]lumi[/MENTION] I'd say 4w5 9w1 7w6 sp/sx. I know it seems like an easy cop-out to say 4w5, but I do get a consistent feeling of shame from these songs. There's a lot of suffering, and sometimes even bitterness or spite (mostly from the 2nd one). And just in general pretty identity-focused. For 9w1 I think there's also a lot of inertia in your music too - the artists seem to be stuck or too far merged with something beyond the point of no return. There's a concept or something they've merged with, and their rage towards it is internalized and left bubbling up inside. I debated between 6 and 7, because your songs don't seem as disconnected from the outside as 5 and seem more involved with the external world. I said 6w7 at first but I think the fear is more accepted...or at least more ignored in a 7ish way rather than being a constant source of distress. Especially in the Bjork song it sounds like there's a focus on escaping from pain and the mundane. sp/sx because it seems focused on the preservation of the self, but not sx-last as it emphasizes more that escalation of intensity with one's relation to an object. And in general the music seems more tortured like sp/sx and unlike sp/so

My songs:

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Eek. Hope you don't mind my "analyzing" isn't as long as yours. In all of the songs you've liked, there seems to be that clash between choosing to be safe versus being vulnerable. Wanting to get drunk off of the idea of love and doing whatever the hell you want to do whenever the hell you feel like it. The second song was different from the first and third in the sense that it regretted something. Seems like contradicting types but either increasingly cp6w7 or 7w6. Certainly sx dominant. Following fixes: 4w3 > 8w7.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
[MENTION=25708]Meme Duchess[/MENTION]

Happy-go-lucky Pop music with lots of major scales. Second one is more chilled, very ENFPish actually. My ENFP 7w6 friend listens to music like this very regularly.
Third one is a bit darker, but still very positive, "disneyish".

I would say 7w6 from this selection.

Mine:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=16320]Stephano[/MENTION]

Dramatic melodic and complex is the impression I get musically, all instrumentals with visual reference to space, fantasy, and a video game suggest to me that you're likely 4w5 or 5w4. EDIT: sorry, I am supposed to give tritype, and I can guess that 1w9 would be your gut fix. Your instinct is likely SP or SX rather than SO. I'm not getting 6 or 7 out of any of it, but 3 songs is kind of difficult.

Last edited:

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
SKIP ME

[MENTION=16320]Stephano[/MENTION]

Dramatic melodic and complex is the impression I get musically, all instrumentals with visual reference to space, fantasy, and a video game suggest to me that you're likely 4w5 or 5w4

Hmm, that would be very odd for an ENFP. I'm very convinced that I'm an Ne dom, since I often randomly jump from one thought to the next or always like to start new projects but have a hard time finishing them, etc.

It was only when I came along a really well-fitting description of type 6 that I changed my type to 6w7 from 7w6.

As a 6, can you approve of it? I highlighted the very fitting ones.

The Enneagram Blogspot: Type 6: Security-Seeker

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4w3 6w7 9w8 sx/sp

I'll be updating this music quite often until it gets done because my tastes are constantly changing:

Last edited:

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
[MENTION=25366]Chrysanthe[/MENTION] 9w1 - 7w6 - 2w1 sx/so

Round 2 with more examples:

Film music:

Indie Pop/Rock

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=27934]CakeByTheOcean[/MENTION] 4w3 sx/sp, 469 indeed:)

This is me. Time to guess ;)

á´…eparted

passages
[MENTION=21454]Annaifiwas[/MENTION] the vibe of all of those feels quite 7 to me and also kinda 9. Low key, relaxed, free, and overall just wanting to live as is. I would say 794 sx/sp. I'm not really all that fond of that kind of music, but I kinda sorta enjoy the last song. It's got a decent beat.

--------------------------

There are other styles I like, but these capture the vibes of the stuff that I resonate/like on a deeper level

mono

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFP 4w3 6w7 1w9 sx/sp

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm awful with tritypes, but for the above, 5w4?

Lillita

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=28390]Rose for a Heart[/MENTION]

Complete noob at enneagram so I'm probably way off, lol. Guessing 964 though not sure of order. Impression keywords from your music choices were: comfort, calm, open-hearted, intimate, vunerable, dreamer, self-improvement, drawn to others.

CakeByTheOcean

Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No songs?

[MENTION=28233]Lillita[/MENTION] Oh sorry. I just glanced at the post above yesterday, & assumed it was their guess for you. Now that I read the conversation, that makes sense. I apologize for skipping you.

Last edited:

Lillita

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=27934]CakeByTheOcean[/MENTION] I think Rose For a Heart was replying to my guess at her Enneagram, there are songs inside the spoiler tags of my post.

narcissistic

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For CakeByTheOcean:
Some of them sound like type 3,4 and bit of 9.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
ISTP 5w4, self-pres subtype

Take a step in the shadows...

[MENTION=18694]The Wailing Specter[/MENTION] [MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION]

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISTP 5w4, self-pres subtype

Take a step in the shadows...

[MENTION=18694]The Wailing Specter[/MENTION] [MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION]

Probably a 9 since a theme here is repressed anger