User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default How can someone with a 1 fix be a criminal or a crooked person?

I have been thinking about this for a while. I was watching, "Breaking Bad" the other day and I saw Gus Fring on the show. The character is probably a 6w5 with a 1w9 fix, but yet he is a drug lord? I was thinking though, "Could this happen in real life"? Could someone with a 1 fix become a criminal? If so, then what would it be like for that person? Would they be disgusted with themselves? Seriously what would happen?

@EJCC

You may want to check out this thread?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

People can justify all kinds of horrible things, it's just about feeling that whatever it is they do is justified and necessary.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Anew Leaf

If I have learned anything from Star Wars it's that everything depends on perspective.

So the answer is yes someone could be a 1 and be a criminal just like how someone could be a boy and totally make out with his sister because like from one point of view they aren't siblings.

Also, this is mindset is how bad typings happen to good people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

When they believe that breaking the law is the highest ethical thing to do.

So I doubt that would involve being a drug dealer unless the drug was antibiotics or something you thought was more moral to supply.

Since I have never seen this effing show everyone keeps talking about, I have no opinion on the character you describe.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    People can justify all kinds of horrible things, it's just about feeling that whatever it is they do is justified and necessary.
    I know someone with a strong 1 wing who consciously and consistently violated the rules of this forum in a calculated way because he despised the way the forum was run and believed that the moderators and certain other individuals deserved to be punished for their biased inconsistencies and gray area morality. He considers himself Neutral Good or true neutral (or did) and me chaotic good or chaotic neutral. He fantasized about being an authority figure and punishing people, but to his standard of what he saw as consistently true good.

People with Fi are fucking crazy.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    People with Fi are fucking crazy.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

@Marmotini has it right, as usual.

It's not that 1s can't be bad people or break the law. Actually, at the lowest levels of health, they certainly are bad people, and hypocrites. And Gandhi was a famous--and good--1 who broke a lot of laws and spent a large proportion of his life in jail.

The important thing with 1s is that whatever they do must check out with their internal sense of "right". If they felt their actions as a drug lord were justified and "right" according to whatever standard they possess, there wouldn't be any problem. Not all 1s are law-compliant goody-goodies. And let alone someone with just the 1-fix--if the character in question really is a 6w5, it seems like his driving forces as a drug lord are going to be different than that of a core 1. (I haven't seen the show, so I can't speculate too much on this).

I think it could happen in real life, in short.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I have been thinking about this for a while. I was watching, "Breaking Bad" the other day and I saw Gus Fring on the show. The character is probably a 6w5 with a 1w9 fix, but yet he is a drug lord? I was thinking though, "Could this happen in real life"? Could someone with a 1 fix become a criminal? If so, then what would it be like for that person? Would they be disgusted with themselves? Seriously what would happen?
    @EJCC
    You may want to check out this thread?
    because in their mind, they're doing the right thing. being a 1 fixer myself, I would have no qualms doing things like
    - throwing a child off of a lifeboat to make room for myself in the event of a sinking ship
    - selling/cooking drugs if a criminal record prevented me from getting a real job
    - killing someone in self defense
    - killing someone for breaking into my house
    - killing someone who committed a crime which justified death (for instance, someone who had violently raped a 5 year old girl)
    - defending my family by any means necessary
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - killing someone who committed a crime which justified death (for instance, someone who had violently raped a 5 year old girl)
    What about someone who threw a 5-year-old girl off a lifeboat in the event of a sinking ship?

WALMART

The point of being a one is that you act with conflict aversion in mind, having nine as a wing. This is why they are stereotyped as "striving for perfection" - by remaining perfect, they assure either a perpetual personal status or a preservation of status in the systems they are embroiled with.

The position of ones relative to the core of the gut triad points to the heart triad, where people really embody themselves toward action or appearance. It can be seen clearly when taken against a nine, who avoids conflict through general disassociation, and a two, who has trouble remaining selfless to the external world. Imagine being born into a familial crime syndicate, where to show dedication and loyalty to your father, you bring a cop home, cut off his ear and douse him in gasoline.

Colonel Hans Landa - "The Jew Hunter" of Inglorious Basterds - might be a core one. The Enneagram Institute also Osama Bin Laden listed as one, as well. It could go so far as a visage of killing all humans. It's actually pretty fun imaging what whacky conundrums a one could find themselves legitimately being placed in.