• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can someone with a 1 fix be a criminal or a crooked person?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I have been thinking about this for a while. I was watching, "Breaking Bad" the other day and I saw Gus Fring on the show. The character is probably a 6w5 with a 1w9 fix, but yet he is a drug lord? I was thinking though, "Could this happen in real life"? Could someone with a 1 fix become a criminal? If so, then what would it be like for that person? Would they be disgusted with themselves? Seriously what would happen?
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

You may want to check out this thread?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
People can justify all kinds of horrible things, it's just about feeling that whatever it is they do is justified and necessary.

A

Anew Leaf

If I have learned anything from Star Wars it's that everything depends on perspective.

So the answer is yes someone could be a 1 and be a criminal just like how someone could be a boy and totally make out with his sister because like from one point of view they aren't siblings.

Also, this is mindset is how bad typings happen to good people.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
When they believe that breaking the law is the highest ethical thing to do.

So I doubt that would involve being a drug dealer unless the drug was antibiotics or something you thought was more moral to supply.

Since I have never seen this effing show everyone keeps talking about, I have no opinion on the character you describe.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
People can justify all kinds of horrible things, it's just about feeling that whatever it is they do is justified and necessary.

I know someone with a strong 1 wing who consciously and consistently violated the rules of this forum in a calculated way because he despised the way the forum was run and believed that the moderators and certain other individuals deserved to be punished for their biased inconsistencies and gray area morality. He considers himself Neutral Good or true neutral (or did) and me chaotic good or chaotic neutral. He fantasized about being an authority figure and punishing people, but to his standard of what he saw as consistently true good.

People with Fi are fucking crazy.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] has it right, as usual.

It's not that 1s can't be bad people or break the law. Actually, at the lowest levels of health, they certainly are bad people, and hypocrites. And Gandhi was a famous--and good--1 who broke a lot of laws and spent a large proportion of his life in jail.

The important thing with 1s is that whatever they do must check out with their internal sense of "right". If they felt their actions as a drug lord were justified and "right" according to whatever standard they possess, there wouldn't be any problem. Not all 1s are law-compliant goody-goodies. And let alone someone with just the 1-fix--if the character in question really is a 6w5, it seems like his driving forces as a drug lord are going to be different than that of a core 1. (I haven't seen the show, so I can't speculate too much on this).

I think it could happen in real life, in short.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have been thinking about this for a while. I was watching, "Breaking Bad" the other day and I saw Gus Fring on the show. The character is probably a 6w5 with a 1w9 fix, but yet he is a drug lord? I was thinking though, "Could this happen in real life"? Could someone with a 1 fix become a criminal? If so, then what would it be like for that person? Would they be disgusted with themselves? Seriously what would happen?
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]
You may want to check out this thread?

because in their mind, they're doing the right thing. being a 1 fixer myself, I would have no qualms doing things like
- throwing a child off of a lifeboat to make room for myself in the event of a sinking ship
- selling/cooking drugs if a criminal record prevented me from getting a real job
- killing someone in self defense
- killing someone for breaking into my house
- killing someone who committed a crime which justified death (for instance, someone who had violently raped a 5 year old girl)
- defending my family by any means necessary

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- killing someone who committed a crime which justified death (for instance, someone who had violently raped a 5 year old girl)

What about someone who threw a 5-year-old girl off a lifeboat in the event of a sinking ship?

W

WALMART

The point of being a one is that you act with conflict aversion in mind, having nine as a wing. This is why they are stereotyped as "striving for perfection" - by remaining perfect, they assure either a perpetual personal status or a preservation of status in the systems they are embroiled with.

The position of ones relative to the core of the gut triad points to the heart triad, where people really embody themselves toward action or appearance. It can be seen clearly when taken against a nine, who avoids conflict through general disassociation, and a two, who has trouble remaining selfless to the external world. Imagine being born into a familial crime syndicate, where to show dedication and loyalty to your father, you bring a cop home, cut off his ear and douse him in gasoline.

Colonel Hans Landa - "The Jew Hunter" of Inglorious Basterds - might be a core one. The Enneagram Institute also Osama Bin Laden listed as one, as well. It could go so far as a visage of killing all humans. It's actually pretty fun imaging what whacky conundrums a one could find themselves legitimately being placed in.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about someone who threw a 5-year-old girl off a lifeboat in the event of a sinking ship?

of course not. that person was forced to make the decision between his/her own life and the life of another.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
of course not. that person was forced to make the decision between his/her own life and the life of another.
So it's okay to kill a kid if it may cost you your own life not to do so, but it's not ok to rape a kid without killing them?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So it's okay to kill a kid if it may cost you your own life not to do so but it's not ok to rape a kid without killing them?

yes and yes (I don't see how this is even a question lol)

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
cool beans

Anyway, your moral logic might not agree with someone else's, illustrating what we're all telling the OP. It's central to the 1 or 1-fixer himself; examples straight from the 1-fixer himself. ;)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyway, your moral logic might not agree with someone else's, illustrating what we're all telling the OP. It's central to the 1 or 1-fixer himself; examples straight from the 1-fixer himself. ;)

bingo ;)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1 fix? I swear the language about Enneagrams has evolved so fast on this site that I don't even know what people are talking about anymore. It kind of makes the way people responded to my revision of the Enneagram look silly.

Anyhow, it's not like any description of type 1s asserts that they actually are destined to be perfectly good people. Obsessions with their idea of what is right might overpower any since of proportion and practical consequences, giving you a dangerous fanatic. And type 1s are still humans with human drives, and a 1 who succumbs to them in a compromising way may just use their moralistic mindset to rationalize and deny their activities.

In regards to the law, that's not much of a stretch. I'm a 1 and I encourage people to commit piracy, so I'm a criminal apparently. Gandhi and MLK were officially criminals according to the powers they fought.