• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your favorite of each of the triads?

S

Stansmith

Social instinct feels like quicksand. It's everywhere you look, and you can't possibly ever keep up with it, you just feel your position and relevance getting lower and lower with each passing glance. This guy's smarter than me, he dresses better, he has a girlfriend, he has a better smile, he has better taste, he sounds better than me, he isn't bowlegged, etc. Social-lasts have tunnel vision.

Often times I can suppress my reaction to the information I receive through it, since I'm not always impressed by my immediate social environment I'm in, but it eventually becomes a source of insurmountable insecurity. Even the supermarket bagboy becomes a source of envy.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Social instinct feels like quicksand. It's everywhere you look, and you can't possibly ever keep up with it, you just feel your position and relevance getting lower and lower with each passing glance. This guy's smarter than me, he dresses better, he has a girlfriend, he has a better smile, he has better taste, he sounds better than me, he isn't bowlegged, etc. Social-lasts have tunnel vision.

Often times I can suppress my reaction to the information I receive through it, since I'm not always impressed by my immediate social environment I'm in, but it eventually becomes a source of insurmountable insecurity. Even the supermarket bagboy becomes a source of envy.

Hmm, I don't really compare myself to others as much like that, but I do relate to the bold statement. The problem with being so-first for me is that even though it can me acutely aware of people's true intentions, it also causes a lot (usually too much) of reading between the lines, analyzing everything, and over-sensitivity to trivial matters.

When I do compare myself to others, though, it's more of "ew, I'm not as annoying as that guy" or "ew, I'm glad I don't look like that guy" or "good thing I'm not as fake as that guy." Maybe it's a positive outlook thing to put yourself in the better position? :)

S

Stansmith

When I do compare myself to others, though, it's more of "ew, I'm not as annoying as that guy" or "ew, I'm glad I don't look like that guy" or "good thing I'm not as fake as that guy." Maybe it's a positive outlook thing to put yourself in the better position? :)

I do a lot of both.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
head/heart/gut: In the realm of theories. I would say that Heart types are in my own diagram, are what I would say to be the the triad that gives a certain edge to give meaning to things, and to "excel" in a way that even the type 1 seems to lack. If that makes since? In the realm of relationships, I have no real preference. Gut types can be eerily controlling, and can subtly undermine your position or not with their sheer power. Head types ask a lot of questions, and are typically too hyper active, even if they are also the most inactive in the room. Heart types are too preoccupied with the worth of things, and so they can get caught up with achieving points than actually doing anything important.
hornevian style: Compliant types? I value the fact that they are shameful in a way about things that are wrong, and I'm more sympathetic to those that wish to be "good"? Though that hardly is what the compliant type is all about, so it's a weak preference at best. Id types tend to capture themselves into too much trouble, and enjoy bragging to me about things I don't care about. Some of them are lovable though, and give out a good, vibrant and unique energy that the others don't produce. Even if they are jerks, I still can't hate them. I just look at their good sides. I have no idea about withdrawn types? I guess they are pretty alright, their patience is good and reflection is always necessary. Even if you aren't really reflecting...
harmonic style: I think the testiness of the reactive types is cute, as I have something to work with there and they are typically the most honest. In a way. Competency types leave me cold, and so does the positive types, though feminine positivity types are attractive.
instinctual subtypes: Self preservational types erupt a massive wall around them, and only let others in their psychological nests that I find to be rather uncomfortable in that I have to prove myself worthy in a way that I just don't like to deal with. It's more a less a type that is focused on repairing themselves and others. So they can be quite whiny. A side most don't seem to think about when they think of the Self preservational first type. Sexual types get absorbed in the "other" if their instincts make it so, and will typically not really leave that person alone if they can make it so. I feel too invisible to be worth of it, and so I unfortunately feel awkward for not really melding with them because at some point I will just think I'm just going to disappoint them. Social types general seem to go by life as if they have some sort of "checklist" to get through. Get through this and that, and go through the motion of things. Some like to shake it up, but even amongst them there is a form of compulsion there.

I guess certain combinations work. Sexual Id/Withdrawn types can be utterly intoxicating. They demand their attention. I think one social/self preservational Id type was irritating though.

I don't have enough life experience to form a real preference though, I'm mostly listing out impressions based on others behavior, and my own.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Head/heart/gut: Head > Gut > Heart. Heart is last mainly because they just seem overly concerned about their image. Sometimes I wish I was a gut type because they don't seem as prone to the analysis paralysis as do the head types.

Hornevian style: I'd most like to be assertive because they seem the most confident and get the most done. But I probably relate the best to other withdrawn types. So I guess a toss up between these two.

Harmonic style: Competency > Positive Outlook > Reactive
I sometimes wish I was more like the positive outlook people with their optimism except I don't like how they sometimes just sweep problems under the rug or deny that they exist. Competency just seems like the healthiest way of coping to me. With reactive seeming to be less healthy and like [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] said, pissing you off with their over emotionality and testing you.

No preference between frustration/rejection/attachment. They all suck in their own way.

Instintual variants: Self preservation > Social = sexual. Self preservation easily wins. Social seems too concerned with image and sexual doesn't seem stable enough.