User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default The desire for fame: What variants/types/image fixes are responsible for this?

Many people long to be famous. However, if a person longed for fame, what enneagram variants do you think that this would be associated with? Generally I've seen a desire for fame generally associated with people with a social variant. Also I'm sure that certain image fixes could be associated with this as well. I've found that the number one image fix that wants to be famous is 3w2. After all, the 3w2 seems to naturally want the admiration and praise from others for their accomplishments. Also, I could see someone with a strong 2w3 fix wanting this as well. The 2w3 seems to naturally just want everyone to love them in general, so it would seem like fame would be a 2w3 fixer's wet dream. Also, I could see someone with a 4w3 fix wanting fame as well. After all, people with a 4w3 fix tend to naturally want to be flamboyant and stand out, so I could see fame being appeasing to them as well. Hell, I could even see someone with a 3w4 fix wanting fame; 3w4 doesn't need the praise and admiration of others for their accomplishments like a 3w2, but they still like to feel like they are in the upper crust of society and like they are superior to everyone else. However, I can't really see someone with a 4w5 or 2w1 fix wanting fame though.

So my question is, what variants/image fixes/types do you think would be responsible for desiring fame? Also, do you think that a social last person with a 3w2 fix for example could also strongly desire fame?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

i think social 4's are very prone to wanting fame no matter the wing, i do tend to play with the idea of 'taking revenge' on everyone who never takes notice of me through fame and accomplishment (and sometimes suicide), maybe in a slightly different way though. not in your average i'm-everywhere-kind of fame, not as a fad, but as let's say, JK Rowling or Morrissey. i do like writing.

That's not an easy question to answer as many groups would convince themselves they want fame when in fact they only want a few things that come in the package: whether its money/financial security, a desire to feel significant, a desire to feel like they're giving something to the world, creating some sort of legacy for themselves, a desire to open up further opportunities for themselves etc. However when they achieve fame they realise they did not want fame as a standalone entity that much after all. I would see this as more of an individual flaw and more common in people of unhealthy levels.

If fame was what they wanted I would agree with 3w2 though all instinct variants. Fame has many benefits which could entice each variant.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    i think social 4's are very prone to wanting fame no matter the wing, i do tend to play with the idea of 'taking revenge' on everyone who never takes notice of me through fame and accomplishment (and sometimes suicide), maybe in a slightly different way though. not in your average i'm-everywhere-kind of fame, not as a fad, but as let's say, JK Rowling or Morrissey. i do like writing.
    So are you telling me that you try to get attention through suicide attempts? Also how can you stick out and get fame being a double-withdrawn type? That seems like a recipe for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    That's not an easy question to answer as many groups would convince themselves they want fame when in fact they only want a few things that come in the package: whether its money/financial security, a desire to feel significant, a desire to feel like they're giving something to the world, creating some sort of legacy for themselves, a desire to open up further opportunities for themselves etc. However when they achieve fame they realise they did not want fame as a standalone entity that much after all. I would see this as more of an individual flaw and more common in people of unhealthy levels.

If fame was what they wanted I would agree with 3w2 though all instinct variants. Fame has many benefits which could entice each variant.
    This is a very interesting take on the situation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So are you telling me that you try to get attention through suicide attempts? Also how can you stick out and get fame being a double-withdrawn type? That seems like a recipe for failure.
    no, if you read my first post well it's written very clearly that i just play with the thought of it sometimes, i've never attempted suicide, but everyone would suddenly care about me if i died, when i'm alive they don't. i think withdrawn and unloved types are very prone to reach fame, there's more motivation and drive in us generally, we want to get out of here. just look at every author ever basically, you don't have to be some extroverted charisma god. i think what you don't realize is that social 4's always dream of a glamorous lifestyle, they just don't know how to approach it, how to get it, how to take part. they have a huge tendency to romanticize and wish for fame. but that doesn't mean they'll do anything for attention, remember the core of a 4: authenticity.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Many people long to be famous. However, if a person longed for fame, what enneagram variants do you think that this would be associated with? Generally I've seen a desire for fame generally associated with people with a social variant. Also I'm sure that certain image fixes could be associated with this as well. I've found that the number one image fix that wants to be famous is 3w2. After all, the 3w2 seems to naturally want the admiration and praise from others for their accomplishments. Also, I could see someone with a strong 2w3 fix wanting this as well. The 2w3 seems to naturally just want everyone to love them in general, so it would seem like fame would be a 2w3 fixer's wet dream. Also, I could see someone with a 4w3 fix wanting fame as well. After all, people with a 4w3 fix tend to naturally want to be flamboyant and stand out, so I could see fame being appeasing to them as well. Hell, I could even see someone with a 3w4 fix wanting fame; 3w4 doesn't need the praise and admiration of others for their accomplishments like a 3w2, but they still like to feel like they are in the upper crust of society and like they are superior to everyone else. However, I can't really see someone with a 4w5 or 2w1 fix wanting fame though.

So my question is, what variants/image fixes/types do you think would be responsible for desiring fame? Also, do you think that a social last person with a 3w2 fix for example could also strongly desire fame?
    I desire fame as a form of validation…
    To be studied and admired for centuries is my wish…
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

The same here as @Magic Qwan ... I want to be admired, appreciated and remembered long after my death. I want to bring a uniqe message, that would be characteristic just for me so people would remember who I am. I am a 4w3 so/sp . I thik 3 wing and social variant is responsible for this in my case.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Just my personal feelings... I'm social-first with a 2w3 fix... I don't have any desire for lasting fame. I'd like to have enough money to live comfortably, to travel often, and to support a family with some accoutrements; I'd like to be well-respected and successful in my career; I'd like to be liked by people in general. I'd be very pleased to be recognized for an accomplishment. But fame in general... it's not long-lasting or widespread in the big picture. And it has so many downsides... in particular that people tend to have very polarized opinions of you when you're famous, and I'd much rather people just lukewarm-like me than love or hate me. I don't feel like 99.9% of people know me well enough to merit love or hate.

In general I'd much rather live a happy life in my little sphere, doing my small part helping to create a better big world. I like to be in the loop, but I don't really want to be the focus of the loop. Maybe just every so often for a good thing I've done.

I also think @Standuble's point was really good, about people wanting certain facets of it and really focusing on those and not others.

Incidentally, I notice there are now three So/Sps in this thread who have voiced desiring fame and I have two So/Sp friends IRL who I know do as well. I do not know if that is really a pattern or not but it did catch my eye.

WALMART

Fame would be a complete fluke for me. I would blow my brains out if I got famous, undoubtedly from a fog of hazy drug-induced paranoia. As skylights said, fame (should the opportunity arise) would be explicitly to establish funds to withdraw from the world.

ISTP 9w8 sx/sp (maybe sp/sx)

I think Ne + heart triad + So is a good place to look.

I would never ever want to be famous. Yuck. I would be the kind of person who would get incredibly annoyed by strangers invading my personal space and would just want to tell them to fuck off.

I think 9s in general are not prone to being fame-hungry (a pattern that I have seen in 9 actors, they don't tend to be in the business for the glory) We are quite content staying in the background and we don't have some great need to be special or to get attention. That we appear unimpressive also makes people often underestimate us which can be very helpful in making things happen behind the scenes without people interfering.

Obviously I am sp-first, so-first 9s might have a bit of a different view.