• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The desire for fame: What variants/types/image fixes are responsible for this?

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I aim to amuse.

Just keep trying to pass of every comment as deeply philosophical and meaningful. You should be fine.

Mole

Permabanned
Just keep trying to pass of every comment as deeply philosophical and meaningful. You should be fine.

Moles are of course famous for their deep and meaningful philosophy, sought after by the top universities from the Sorbonne to the Australian National University. All vie to have a Mole in their Department of Philosophy.

Some call Mole the Socrates of philosophers while others see him as a homespun Mike Doonesbury.

You decide.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Moles are of course famous for their deep and meaningful philosophy, sought after by the top universities from the Sorbonne to the Australian National University. All vie to have a Mole in their Department of Philosophy.

Some call Mole the Socrates of philosophers while others see him as a homespun Mike Doonesbury.

You decide.

Mole is like every great thinker in history: only understood and appreciated after death. Time will bring justice.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
3s, 4s, and 7s.

Instinctual stackings so/sx, sx/so

I think 3s seem like a perfect fit for the limelight. They fluidly move from new public image to the next as the trends change.

4s weave in and out of it, like Johnny Depp. Lower-key iterations of their image appear from time to time, seemingly more erratic.

7s would just soak up fame as a secondary perk, or perhaps a means to an end.

I think that the 2w3 would also be a strong candidate for wanting fame.

No idea of what my titype is or how to find that out, but becoming famous for what I do is my biggest ambition, after being happy of course.

BRAVO.

I think being a celebrity would be pretty exciting, and I've noticed most of what people refer to as a downside wouldn't bother me at all.

That's strange. INTJ's generally don't strive to become famous. You're peculiar.

Most celebrities have hardly any real power and are just cogs in a big machine, mindless and sterile. I'd hardly compare them to barons.

The media is indeed dedicated since its conception to have our full atention, since attention is energy. The media mogs are best compared to scientist running lab tests. And we are the rats.

A system is best understood from the inside, hence my interest in joining it.

Yeah I disagree with that. Oprah is a celebrity and she has lots of power.

I think any type could have the desire for fame, though some would be more likely than others. I'd think that 3's would be the most desiring of it.

I don't want to be famous. However I do not want to be unknown. If I am invisible or not well regarded in work, school, family, social circles, etc. I feel really terrible about myself. I have to be noticed/remembered at a certain level to be happy. There is a good chunk of me that tries really hard to be "the best".

Somehow I'm doubting that the 1w9 or the 4w5 desires fame.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Old thread, but still...

I would never ever want to be famous. Yuck. I would be the kind of person who would get incredibly annoyed by strangers invading my personal space and would just want to tell them to fuck off.

I think 9s in general are not prone to being fame-hungry (a pattern that I have seen in 9 actors, they don't tend to be in the business for the glory) We are quite content staying in the background and we don't have some great need to be special or to get attention. That we appear unimpressive also makes people often underestimate us which can be very helpful in making things happen behind the scenes without people interfering.

Obviously I am sp-first, so-first 9s might have a bit of a different view.

As a So/Sx 9 I'm totally with you. Every now and again I'll google search my name just to make sure there are no hits, and get them removed if there are, the idea of fame or privacy being invaded bothers me greatly.

This doesn't make sense to me though? Why do 9's want to live in the background? Why do you folks want to be invisible, so to say? If you don't have oodles of money and people screaming your name then how do you know that you are successful?

If your idea of success is an externally judged concept then it's a very different picture to what I would consider success, what you've said is incredibly "3ish". There are plenty of famous people who are total screw ups as humans, just as there successful "nobodies". For me success is in happiness.

4's, 3's, and so/sx.

Why So/Sx?

I struggle to understand why so many people are linking So to a desire for fame, awareness of social hierarchies and ease of seeing interpersonal connections between others isn't linked with wanting people to pay attention to you. If anything it has something to do with your image fix, how you want others to see you, that puts 3s at the head of the list with basing success on achievements and being seen as accomplished, fame is external validation that you are good, then 4s as unique/artistic.

R

Riva

I am a 7w8 and my tritype is 'most likely' 7w8-3w?-9w8. Sx aux. Not entirely sure about the dom. Is immensely sp driven though might not look so even without thinking about it.

I think i would enjoy being famous. Not necessarily popular because that's hard to maintain and i am at most times a difficult person to handle (is it even handle?) with having a need to have intensity to be interested which acts as a crippling factor in prolonged interactions.

My desire for fame is probably e3 driven though the reasons behind it aren't the same reasons for e3s desires.

Hmm come to think of it the desire for dame has an opening doors need invitation to it that i am aiming for. There is another need for it..... finding it hard to explain.....

Respect? Fear? I think these are mainly boyish desires that i still haven't passed. It will probably pass.

Tomb1

I'd say so/sx and sx/so.
more conducive with some types than others.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's strange. INTJ's generally don't strive to become famous. You're peculiar.

Because I don't have a "typical" INTJ/Enneagram combination.

Yeah I disagree with that. Oprah is a celebrity and she has lots of power.

Oprah is one person and what she has is loads of money and fame, not power. If she had she wouldn't have to drag that Beyonce affair into the public arena so she would return her calls. Where's her leverage? Neither would she make up racism episodes for sympathy or invest in Lindsay Lohan in her desperate search for relevance since flying solo.

In any case, I said "most" celebrities have no real power, no need to turn this into something I didn't imply.

Somehow I'm doubting that the 1w9 or the 4w5 desires fame.[/QUOTE]

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION]

If your idea of success is an externally judged concept then it's a very different picture to what I would consider success, what you've said is incredibly "3ish". There are plenty of famous people who are total screw ups as humans, just as there successful "nobodies". For me success is in happiness.

Yes, I am well aware that it is 3ish. Also, one thing that has always amazed me is that 9's tend to have an overall different opinion of success overall. For instance, I have one friend whom is some type of self pres-last 9 and he defines success as...

"Having as many close friends as possible and getting along with as many people as possible."

Would you agree with this definition? Does this resonate with you? lol, to me he might as well have been speaking Japanese.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=20005]Noll[/MENTION]

A common thing 4's wish for is artistic success.

Yes, but this is much more common of the 4w3 as opposed to the 4w5.

[MENTION=21109]Look Alive_Sunshine[/MENTION]

Oprah is one person and what she has is loads of money and fame, not power. If she had she wouldn't have to drag that Beyonce affair into the public arena so she would return her calls. Where's her leverage? Neither would she make up racism episodes for sympathy or invest in Lindsay Lohan in her desperate search for relevance since flying solo.

In any case, I said "most" celebrities have no real power, no need to turn this into something I didn't imply.

Do you realize how stupid that last statement that you just said was? MONEY IS POWER my friend, and anyone with a lot of money HAS POWER! Also, Oprah doesn't just have a lot of money, she also has loads of social influence. In fact, Forbes even rated her as THE MOST powerful celebrity in the world....

The World's Most Powerful Celebrities - Forbes

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION]

Yes, I am well aware that it is 3ish. Also, one thing that has always amazed me is that 9's tend to have an overall different opinion of success overall. For instance, I have one friend whom is some type of self pres-last 9 and he defines success as...

"Having as many close friends as possible and getting along with as many people as possible."

Would you agree with this definition? Does this resonate with you? lol, to me he might as well have been speaking Japanese.

Hell no. From a 9 I consider that concerning, by default we "get along" with people, however it can come at our own expense so it would be better for a 9 to recognise that personal success/being true to oneself will come with the cost of friction and that we do not have to get along with everyone. Growth for a 9 must include getting comfortable with fucking people off because we stand for something and not seeing that as the end of the world.

My close friendships are not a contest in quantity, I see no benefit for anyone for me to attempt to have as many as possible, I'm happy enough with good-not-close friendships that have surface elements but provide companionship in a certain area.

For me it is literally just happiness, whatever that means to the individual. If I'm happy then I consider that a success, if that means financial or business success then it's that, if it means meeting someone new and building a great friendship, then it's that, if I'm poor and alone yet somehow happy then it's all good certain comforts like money and friendships make it easier is all. It's a situational and dynamic thing, nothing is lasting and it's different qualities for everyone. I do personally place greater emphasis on interpersonal dynamics or nature for happiness than material things though, however lack of balance will typically lead to unhappiness.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Hell no. From a 9 I consider that concerning, by default we "get along" with people, however it can come at our own expense so it would be better for a 9 to recognise that personal success/being true to oneself will come with the cost of friction and that we do not have to get along with everyone. Growth for a 9 must include getting comfortable with fucking people off because we stand for something and not seeing that as the end of the world.

My close friendships are not a contest in quantity, I see no benefit for anyone for me to attempt to have as many as possible, I'm happy enough with good-not-close friendships that have surface elements but provide companionship in a certain area.

For me it is literally just happiness, whatever that means to the individual. If I'm happy then I consider that a success, if that means financial or business success then it's that, if it means meeting someone new and building a great friendship, then it's that, if I'm poor and alone yet somehow happy then it's all good certain comforts like money and friendships make it easier is all. It's a situational and dynamic thing, nothing is lasting and it's different qualities for everyone. I do personally place greater emphasis on interpersonal dynamics or nature for happiness than material things though, however lack of balance will typically lead to unhappiness.

Interesting to know. I couldn't be like you though. My happiness comes from money, success, adventure, having my intimacy needs met on a constant basis, and life comfort.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20005]Noll[/MENTION]

Yes, but this is much more common of the 4w3 as opposed to the 4w5.

[MENTION=21109]Look Alive_Sunshine[/MENTION]

Do you realize how stupid that last statement that you just said was? MONEY IS POWER my friend, and anyone with a lot of money HAS POWER! Also, Oprah doesn't just have a lot of money, she also has loads of social influence. In fact, Forbes even rated her as THE MOST powerful celebrity in the world....

The World's Most Powerful Celebrities - Forbes

Do you realize how stupid you are for clinging to magazine's notion of reality instead of one of your own? In what world do you live in that Oprah still comands the attention of the general public? A few years ago her words were gospel, no one cares about her accolades now.

She is filthy rich that's for sure, but we both know that's ot what she's after. She wants fame and relevance, the later she has already lost.

But then again what could I expect from someone with your fix and has an Saul Goodman avatar? Sheep.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Do you realize how stupid you are for clinging to magazine's notion of reality instead of one of your own? In what world do you live in that Oprah still comands the attention of the general public? A few years ago her words were gospel, no one cares about her accolades now.

She is filthy rich that's for sure, but we both know that's ot what she's after. She wants fame and relevance, the later she has already lost.

But then again what could I expect from someone with your fix and has an Saul Goodman avatar? Sheep.

Your a moron! Money is power you fool! Also, the woman still does command a lot of social influence. If you wanna to debate me on this, I will absolutely wipe the floor with you!

DreamBeliever

I've definitely wanted to be famous before, and still would like to be. I know it's not all perks. I know there's a lot of bad that can come with it. It still seems better than a normal life, though. I'm not sure if I'm much help, however, because I don't have my type figured out for sure.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It seems like many different e types want to be famous for many different reasons.

I can see it's mostly 3s who desire fame, but 4w3s as well.
8s might want to be famous because of the power that comes with the recognition.
I can see 2w3s to have the desire as well, their need for love along with the need for appriciation create quite a good combination for a celebrity type.
6s are insecure and the idea of fame, might bring the feeling of external affirmation that they need.
I noticed a lot of 7w6s desire fame and status, I guess it's because of their natural charismatic and extroverted nature.

When it comes to stackings, it's mostly so/sx and sx/so who desire the fame.