MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I aim to amuse.
    Just keep trying to pass of every comment as deeply philosophical and meaningful. You should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    Just keep trying to pass of every comment as deeply philosophical and meaningful. You should be fine.
    Moles are of course famous for their deep and meaningful philosophy, sought after by the top universities from the Sorbonne to the Australian National University. All vie to have a Mole in their Department of Philosophy.

Some call Mole the Socrates of philosophers while others see him as a homespun Mike Doonesbury.

You decide.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Moles are of course famous for their deep and meaningful philosophy, sought after by the top universities from the Sorbonne to the Australian National University. All vie to have a Mole in their Department of Philosophy.

Some call Mole the Socrates of philosophers while others see him as a homespun Mike Doonesbury.

You decide.
    Mole is like every great thinker in history: only understood and appreciated after death. Time will bring justice.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    3s, 4s, and 7s.

Instinctual stackings so/sx, sx/so

I think 3s seem like a perfect fit for the limelight. They fluidly move from new public image to the next as the trends change.

4s weave in and out of it, like Johnny Depp. Lower-key iterations of their image appear from time to time, seemingly more erratic.

7s would just soak up fame as a secondary perk, or perhaps a means to an end.
    I think that the 2w3 would also be a strong candidate for wanting fame.

No idea of what my titype is or how to find that out, but becoming famous for what I do is my biggest ambition, after being happy of course.

BRAVO.

I think being a celebrity would be pretty exciting, and I've noticed most of what people refer to as a downside wouldn't bother me at all.
    That's strange. INTJ's generally don't strive to become famous. You're peculiar.

Most celebrities have hardly any real power and are just cogs in a big machine, mindless and sterile. I'd hardly compare them to barons.

The media is indeed dedicated since its conception to have our full atention, since attention is energy. The media mogs are best compared to scientist running lab tests. And we are the rats.

A system is best understood from the inside, hence my interest in joining it.
    Yeah I disagree with that. Oprah is a celebrity and she has lots of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I think any type could have the desire for fame, though some would be more likely than others. I'd think that 3's would be the most desiring of it.

I don't want to be famous. However I do not want to be unknown. If I am invisible or not well regarded in work, school, family, social circles, etc. I feel really terrible about myself. I have to be noticed/remembered at a certain level to be happy. There is a good chunk of me that tries really hard to be "the best".
    Somehow I'm doubting that the 1w9 or the 4w5 desires fame.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Old thread, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I would never ever want to be famous. Yuck. I would be the kind of person who would get incredibly annoyed by strangers invading my personal space and would just want to tell them to fuck off.

I think 9s in general are not prone to being fame-hungry (a pattern that I have seen in 9 actors, they don't tend to be in the business for the glory) We are quite content staying in the background and we don't have some great need to be special or to get attention. That we appear unimpressive also makes people often underestimate us which can be very helpful in making things happen behind the scenes without people interfering.

Obviously I am sp-first, so-first 9s might have a bit of a different view.
    As a So/Sx 9 I'm totally with you. Every now and again I'll google search my name just to make sure there are no hits, and get them removed if there are, the idea of fame or privacy being invaded bothers me greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    This doesn't make sense to me though? Why do 9's want to live in the background? Why do you folks want to be invisible, so to say? If you don't have oodles of money and people screaming your name then how do you know that you are successful?
    If your idea of success is an externally judged concept then it's a very different picture to what I would consider success, what you've said is incredibly "3ish". There are plenty of famous people who are total screw ups as humans, just as there successful "nobodies". For me success is in happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    4's, 3's, and so/sx.
    Why So/Sx?

I struggle to understand why so many people are linking So to a desire for fame, awareness of social hierarchies and ease of seeing interpersonal connections between others isn't linked with wanting people to pay attention to you. If anything it has something to do with your image fix, how you want others to see you, that puts 3s at the head of the list with basing success on achievements and being seen as accomplished, fame is external validation that you are good, then 4s as unique/artistic.

Riva

I am a 7w8 and my tritype is 'most likely' 7w8-3w?-9w8. Sx aux. Not entirely sure about the dom. Is immensely sp driven though might not look so even without thinking about it.

I think i would enjoy being famous. Not necessarily popular because that's hard to maintain and i am at most times a difficult person to handle (is it even handle?) with having a need to have intensity to be interested which acts as a crippling factor in prolonged interactions.

My desire for fame is probably e3 driven though the reasons behind it aren't the same reasons for e3s desires.

Hmm come to think of it the desire for dame has an opening doors need invitation to it that i am aiming for. There is another need for it..... finding it hard to explain.....

Respect? Fear? I think these are mainly boyish desires that i still haven't passed. It will probably pass.

I'd say so/sx and sx/so.
    more conducive with some types than others.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Somehow I'm doubting that the 1w9 or the 4w5 desires fame.
    A common thing 4's wish for is artistic success.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

That's strange. INTJ's generally don't strive to become famous. You're peculiar.
    Because I don't have a "typical" INTJ/Enneagram combination.

Yeah I disagree with that. Oprah is a celebrity and she has lots of power.
    Oprah is one person and what she has is loads of money and fame, not power. If she had she wouldn't have to drag that Beyonce affair into the public arena so she would return her calls. Where's her leverage? Neither would she make up racism episodes for sympathy or invest in Lindsay Lohan in her desperate search for relevance since flying solo.

In any case, I said "most" celebrities have no real power, no need to turn this into something I didn't imply.

Somehow I'm doubting that the 1w9 or the 4w5 desires fame.[/QUOTE]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Kasper

If your idea of success is an externally judged concept then it's a very different picture to what I would consider success, what you've said is incredibly "3ish". There are plenty of famous people who are total screw ups as humans, just as there successful "nobodies". For me success is in happiness.
    Yes, I am well aware that it is 3ish. Also, one thing that has always amazed me is that 9's tend to have an overall different opinion of success overall. For instance, I have one friend whom is some type of self pres-last 9 and he defines success as...

"Having as many close friends as possible and getting along with as many people as possible."

Would you agree with this definition? Does this resonate with you? lol, to me he might as well have been speaking Japanese.