User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I would not want like to be plastered all over magazines and all over internet sites and be criticized if I gained a pound or had a baby or went on a date. I wouldn't want wether or not I had plastic surgery to be the headlines of some tabloid or see my face as a two-headed alien while standing in line at the grocery store. I wouldn't want to be unable to come out of my house without having to fight off photographers and I wouldn't want my family harrassed. I wouldn't want all of the fake friends and traps that come with fame, all of the false praise that people give you when you're famous. Still, I will probably never have to worry too much about it. I want a quiet and peaceful life that touches many lives and inspires them to touch more lives. Fame is nothing to aspire to and if one finds herself famous, then that person has a great responsibilty and it's a hard responsibilty. I don't think that most people who become famous are actually equiped to handle it.
    True... But people are almost infinitely elastic. Four hundred years ago all or nearly all of your ancestors were peasants barely managing to grub a living out of the ground somewhere. So were mine. Today we live vastly more privileged lives, to which we have adapted. If someone is put in a famous position, they can adapt to it if they really try.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    True... But people are almost infinitely elastic. Four hundred years ago all or nearly all of your ancestors were peasants barely managing to grub a living out of the ground somewhere. So were mine. Today we live vastly more privileged lives, to which we have adapted. If someone is put in a famous position, they can adapt to it if they really try.
    True and I agree that they can adapt to it, but I see fame as an ultimate test of character. I've often thought that how we handle fame and prosperity show more about what we're made of than how we handle poverty or at least, it shows just as much.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Fact is we live in the Attention Economy. And who garners the most attention wins. And it is celebrities who are the winners.

And although we daydream about being celebrities ourselves, we whinge and complain that they are famous for just being famous, they have done nothing to earn fame.

So we pay our celebrities in attention, we pay attention.

And we would love to be paid that much attention ourselves.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I don't know the answer- but my variants are in my signature and I can say, I do NOT desire fame. I DO desire leaving a mark on the world. If it is something that people can benefit from and can outlive me (say if I wrote a book or something) but not the fame per se to go with it. (A little money while I'm alive here from it is perfectly fine though. lol)
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I would not want like to be plastered all over magazines and all over internet sites and be criticized if I gained a pound or had a baby or went on a date. I wouldn't want wether or not I had plastic surgery to be the headlines of some tabloid or see my face as a two-headed alien while standing in line at the grocery store. I wouldn't want to be unable to come out of my house without having to fight off photographers and I wouldn't want my family harrassed. I wouldn't want all of the fake friends and traps that come with fame, all of the false praise that people give you when you're famous. Still, I will probably never have to worry too much about it. I want a quiet and peaceful life that touches many lives and inspires them to touch more lives. Fame is nothing to aspire to and if one finds herself famous, then that person has a great responsibilty and it's a hard responsibilty. I don't think that most people who become famous are actually equiped to handle it.
    I could handle it.

Enneagram
    9w8

@The Great One then by all means, go for it.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

All-Hail-Me!!!

Even if a baby is fed, kept warm and safe, but is paid no attention, the baby will die.

So naturally we associate attention with survival.

So the desire for fame is deeply rooted in our psyche. We feel, with some justification, that if we are not paid attention, we will die.

So when we pay each other attention, we are feeding our psyche at the deepest level of survival.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

The Great One then by all means, go for it.
    lol, it's so hard to become famous. Hell, it's almost impossible.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    lol, it's so hard to become famous. Hell, it's almost impossible.
    Well, you could always marry a Kardasian! haha.