User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Kanye West is a social-last 6 and he exemplifies what you describe. It's likely the 3-connection and the fix, although obviously, I don't know you that well.
    I think that he's a social last 7w8, but good example anyway.

As a 3w4-fixer, I wouldn't mind the lowkey fame/irrelevancy of a writer or film director (not your huge, blockbuster types). I don't need to be noticed on the street as long as I'm making decent money, enjoying myself, and I'm relatively important to some niche group that won't get all fan-girly on me. I could lead a relatively normal life and still feel somewhat famous.
    I want to be famous to the whole world, not just some shitty social nitche.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I want to be famous to the whole world, not just some shitty social nitche.
    What are your motives for this?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    What are your motives for this?
    I want to be in the creme of the crop of society. I want people to look at me with amazement at how much I have accomplished. I don't want to be like everyone else, and I want to be above the average common folk, so to say. I want to have a lot of money to buy nice things and take my dates out to fine meals at nice restaurants. I just want success damn it, and I want everyone to see it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I want to be in the creme of the crop of society. I want people to look at me with amazement at how much I have accomplished. I don't want to be like everyone else, and I want to be above the average common folk, so to say. I want to have a lot of money to buy nice things and take my dates out to fine meals at nice restaurants. I just want success damn it, and I want everyone to see it!
    All that sounds more related to 3 than the social instinct.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

All that sounds more related to 3 than the social instinct.
    In what way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

In what way?
    It's more simply a desire to impress everyone else than actually ascend some sort of social ladder where more and more people like you. You just care about having your achievements applauded and admired rather than actually using your achievements to strengthen your bonds with other people. The social instinct doesn't always desire success, it's more concerned with building relationships and navigating through the social realm. You simply want to ascend higher than everyone else around you. sp-lasts in particular wouldn't care as long as they were getting proper stimulation and intensity (sx/so) or connecting with other people (so/sx).
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

It's more simply a desire to impress everyone else than actually ascend some sort of social ladder where more and more people like you. You just care about having your achievements applauded and admired rather than actually using your achievements to strengthen your bonds with other people. The social instinct doesn't always desire success, it's more concerned with building relationships and navigating through the social realm. You simply want to ascend higher than everyone else around you. sp-lasts in particular wouldn't care as long as they were getting proper stimulation and intensity (sx/so) or connecting with other people (so/sx).
    I guess.

Stansmith

I've noticed that I spend a lot of time daydreaming about what I would say and look like on a talk show interview.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I've noticed that I spend a lot of time daydreaming about what I would say and look like on a talk show interview.
    So do I, my friend, so do I.

Enneagram
    9w8

I would not want like to be plastered all over magazines and all over internet sites and be criticized if I gained a pound or had a baby or went on a date. I wouldn't want wether or not I had plastic surgery to be the headlines of some tabloid or see my face as a two-headed alien while standing in line at the grocery store. I wouldn't want to be unable to come out of my house without having to fight off photographers and I wouldn't want my family harrassed. I wouldn't want all of the fake friends and traps that come with fame, all of the false praise that people give you when you're famous. Still, I will probably never have to worry too much about it. I want a quiet and peaceful life that touches many lives and inspires them to touch more lives. Fame is nothing to aspire to and if one finds herself famous, then that person has a great responsibilty and it's a hard responsibilty. I don't think that most people who become famous are actually equiped to handle it.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14