User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    2w3 or 2w1?

I won't feel like I'm famous until I start having my name and picture on tv or on magazines.

Why not 2w3 fixes?
    They always seem kind of earthy and family oriented. Maybe they'd chase after fame in order to be "role models" for young girls or something to that effect.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    They always seem kind of earthy and family oriented. Maybe they'd chase after fame in order to be "role models" for young girls or whatever.
    But they want to be liked by everyone. What better way to be liked by everyone then to be famous for something?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

The only times I considered the perks of being famous would be when I would think about interviews. I would get to talk about myself, my beliefs and ideas about the world, spread my words of wisdom among the people, etc. That, and meeting Kelly Clarkson so I could thank her for how much she's indirectly made an impact on my life.

Oh, and when I'm alone dancing in my room to music I pretend I'm singing to an audience. I'm not talented musically or anything but I think it'd be so much fun to go on stage, do your own thing, and get applauded for it.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    The only times I considered the perks of being famous would be when I would think about interviews. I would get to talk about myself, my beliefs and ideas about the world, spread my words of wisdom among the people, etc. That, and meeting Kelly Clarkson so I could thank her for how much she's indirectly made an impact on my life.

Oh, and when I'm alone dancing in my room to music I pretend I'm singing to an audience. I'm not talented musically or anything but I think it'd be so much fun to go on stage, do your own thing, and get applauded for it.
    So then it doesn't mean that much to you then? Wouldn't it be like the ultimate confirmation for you that everyone now liked you, if you saw your name and picture on magazines, and other advirtisements?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    No thanks, Jeff. I don't even like having my picture on here.
    Myself either. Anonymity can be power and freedom.

But they want to be liked by everyone. What better way to be liked by everyone then to be famous for something?
    Definitely better ways, primarily being warm and non-threatening, and by becoming known for a positive contribution to the world as a whole.

Fame seems to amplify feelings about people, but does not necessarily improve them. It's sort of like YouTube videos with higher amounts of views - they tend to get more dislikes, too. And also people arguing in the comments.

The only way I really see fame pleasing the 2w3 part of me would be that I could have enough influence to be able to make a difference in humanitarian efforts. But if that's my goal, I might as well just go directly into a humanitarian career.

Of course others' mileages may vary.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Fame seems to amplify feelings about people, but does not necessarily improve them. It's sort of like YouTube videos with higher amounts of views - they tend to get more dislikes, too. And also people arguing in the comments.
    This. Too many people with a line to me. Too many who would know my name and face without my seeing theirs and pushing their personalities, feedback, emotional inputs, conflicts, requests and needs toward me. The stress would kill my productivity because to go to my creative place, I need to be able to clear all of the people and all of the feelings with external sources out of my head. Fame requires extraordinarily strong inner boundaries to survive. That's why it's notorious for ruining people. I don't have those yet. Maybe someday when I can maintain my space inside at will without having to use literal space.

That said, anonymity while my work still reaches everybody would help tremendously. That would be desirable. I've always wanted that, actually.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

So then it doesn't mean that much to you then? Wouldn't it be like the ultimate confirmation for you that everyone now liked you, if you saw your name and picture on magazines, and other advirtisements?
    I don't really care whether people I don't know on a personal level like me or not.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@skylights
    Myself either. Anonymity can be power and freedom.
    Not for me. I feel like I have accomplished nothing and no one knows who I am, so therefore I feel like a failure in life.

Definitely better ways, primarily being warm and non-threatening, and by becoming known for a positive contribution to the world as a whole.

The only way I really see fame pleasing the 2w3 part of me would be that I could have enough influence to be able to make a difference in humanitarian efforts. But if that's my goal, I might as well just go directly into a humanitarian career.

Of course others' mileages may vary.
    I don't want to be seen as non-threatening. In fact, I really wouldn't mind if people feared me. Also, I wouldn't really care if I was seen as contributing positively to the world. I just want to be known for accomplishing a great deal. Also, I'm noticing that the social doms want to be in good favor with everyone. However, I'm noticing that the SX doms like to be either strongly loved or hated. I definitely love to be loved and hated, I'm not gonna lie.

@Misty

This. Too many people with a line to me. Too many who would know my name and face without my seeing theirs and pushing their personalities, feedback, emotional inputs, conflicts, requests and needs toward me. The stress would kill my productivity because to go to my creative place, I need to be able to clear all of the people and all of the feelings with external sources out of my head. Fame requires extraordinarily strong inner boundaries to survive. That's why it's notorious for ruining people. I don't have those yet. Maybe someday when I can maintain my space inside at will without having to use literal space.

That said, anonymity while my work still reaches everybody would help tremendously. That would be desirable. I've always wanted that, actually.
    I think that I could deal with all of these drawbacks of fame. Personally, I think that I would enjoy them as well.

@Chanaynay

I don't really care whether people I don't know on a personal level like me or not.
    Interesting. Are most 2w3's like this as well?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Interesting. Are most 2w3's like this as well?
    I wouldn't know, because I might not be 2w3. Theoretically maybe since 2's basic desire is to be loved and being loved by people you don't know is such a shallow form of love. I require more depth when I'm loved by someone.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I wouldn't know, because I might not be 2w3. Theoretically maybe since 2's basic desire is to be loved and being loved by people you don't know is such a shallow form of love. I require more depth when I'm loved by someone.
    I see.