User Tag List

12 Last

Stansmith

Default How would you rank the prevalence of each type?

9w1 (most numerous)
    6w7
    6w5
    9w8

= 75% of the population

And then you have a hodge podge of the rest; mainly 3s, 7s and 8s.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Aw, I don't really like these threads. I've seen it spawn myths about the most "common" types, as well as the "rare, special ones" (4s and 5s and 8s), leading to entire cultures of thought where most people are really 6s in denial, especially those who think they could be a "rare" type.

The short answer is, no one really has data as to the "most common/rare type". We have personal observations, which are entirely subjective, and totally dependent on our own typing abilities. Also, it appears that certain types "run in the family" and certain places may have (or attract) certain types, leading to "pockets" rather than an equal distribution. But so far, there's absolutely no way to reliably gauge the frequency at which each type occurs.

Having given my official stance on that, I will confess that I do notice a preponderance of people who state that they know a lot of 6s and 9s (which is, of course, proof of nothing). In my own life, there have been an absurd number of 4s, 5s (RARE TYPES! proof of nothing), 9s and 1s, or people with those fixes. I don't know that many 6s, 2s, 3s, or 8s. But, that's my own experience and is not intended as evidence of any particular rate of occurrence.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Aw, I don't really like these threads. I've seen it spawn myths about the most "common" types, as well as the "rare, special ones" (4s and 5s and 8s), leading to entire cultures of thought where most people are really 6s in denial, especially those who think they could be a "rare" type.

The short answer is, no one really has data as to the "most common/rare type". We have personal observations, which are entirely subjective, and totally dependent on our own typing abilities. Also, it appears that certain types "run in the family" and certain places may have (or attract) certain types, leading to "pockets" rather than an equal distribution. But so far, there's absolutely no way to reliably gauge the frequency at which each type occurs.

This sums it up pretty much for me too.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

The available statistics (there really isn't much) don't reflect reality in my opinion, because certain types are more drawn to self introspection, open to topics of psychology, etc. I've actually been keeping a chart on everyone I know who knows their type (quite a lot, as I go to a church that's that encourages the Enneagram as a tool for emotional health). So far:

2: nine people
    6: eight people
    3: six people
    8: six people
    1: five people
    9: five people
    7: five people
    4: two people (including myself)
    5: one person (+2 people suspected)

While this is fascinating (for me anyway), I know there are factors that still that skew my statistics. Even who I am and how I know each individual plays a factor. In order to get pure results, all of the people involved would have to be random and emotionally mature enough to be honest with themselves (most of the people on my chart are the latter at least).
    Last edited by small.wonder; 09-16-2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Updated stats.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    9w1 (most numerous)
    6w7
    6w5
    9w8

= 75% of the population

And then you have a hodge podge of the rest; mainly 3s, 7s and 8s.
    This seems strange to me; my initial thought is that your particular lens into the world, people you are surrounded by, is like a microcosm of the world, if you think 75% is actually composed of 9's and 6's.

For example, the medical field - nursing in particular - is I think filled with 2's. Likely social services and education as well. From my own work experience, I can say the corporate world has a lot of 1's, 3's, 6's, and 8's, with a large number of 5's in the technical realm. Certain subcultures/particularly counterphobic- anti-society ones may be filled with 6's, throwing in some 4's as well. But it seems to me, I'm going to say anecdotally, that there's a pretty even spread amongst all enneagrams.

I think there will be heavier bias of certain e-types depending on the 'pocket' of society you're actually looking at.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post

Having given my official stance on that, I will confess that I do notice a preponderance of people who state that they know a lot of 6s and 9s (which is, of course, proof of nothing). In my own life, there have been an absurd number of 4s, 5s (RARE TYPES! proof of nothing), 9s and 1s, or people with those fixes. I don't know that many 6s, 2s, 3s, or 8s. But, that's my own experience and is not intended as evidence of any particular rate of occurrence.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Extremely common
    3w2 So/Sp, 3w4 Sp/Sx, 6w5 Sp/So, 6w5 Sp/Sx

Very common
    3w2 So/Sx, 6w7 So/Sp, 6w7 So/Sx, 7w6 So/Sx, 8w9 Sp/So

Common
    1w9 So/Sp, 3w2 Sp/Sx, 3w4 So/Sp, 7w8 So/Sx, 9w8 So/Sx, 9w1 Sp/So

Quite common
    1w9 Sp/So, 2w3 So/Sx, 3w4 So/Sx, 6w7 Sp/So, 6w7 Sp/Sx, 9w1 Sx/Sp

Averagely common
    1w9 Sp/Sx, 1w2 So/Sp, 4w3 So/Sx, 5w6 Sp/So, 6w7 Sx/Sp, 7w6 Sp/Sx, 7w6 So/Sp, 7w8 Sx/Sp, 8w7 Sp/So, 9w8 Sp/So, 9w8 Sp/Sx, 9w8 Sx/Sp, 9w1 Sp/Sx

Quite rare
    1w9 So/Sx, 1w2 Sp/So, 2w3 So/Sp, 3w2 Sp/So, 3w4 Sx/So, 4w3 Sp/Sx, 4w5 Sp/Sx, 5w4 Sp/Sx, 5w6 Sp/Sx, 5w6 So/Sp, 6w5 So/Sp, 6w5 So/Sx, 6w7 Sx/So, 7w6 Sx/Sp, 8w7 So/Sx, 8w7 Sx/So, 8w9 Sp/Sx, 8w9 So/Sp, 8w9 Sx/Sp, 9w8 So/Sp, 9w1 So/Sp

Rare
    2w1 Sp/So, 2w1 So/Sx, 2w3 Sp/So, 3w2 Sx/Sp, 3w4 Sx/Sp, 4w3 So/Sp, 5w4 So/Sx, 5w4 Sx/Sp, 6w5 Sx/Sp, 7w6 Sp/So, 7w6 Sx/So, 7w8 Sp/Sx, 7w8 So/Sp, 7w8 Sx/So, 8w7 Sp/Sx, 8w7 So/Sp, 9w1 So/Sx, 9w1 Sx/So

Very rare
    1w9 Sx/Sp, 1w9 Sx/So, 1w2 Sp/Sx, 1w2 So/Sx, 1w2 Sx/Sp, 1w2 Sx/So, 2w1 Sp/Sx, 2w1 So/Sp, 2w1 Sx/So, 2w3 Sp/Sx, 2w3 Sx/Sp, 2w3 Sx/So, 3w2 Sx/So, 4w3 Sp/So, 4w3 Sx/Sp, 4w3 Sx/So, 4w5 So/Sp, 4w5 Sx/Sp, 5w4 Sp/So, 5w4 So/Sp, 5w6 So/Sx, 5w6 Sx/Sp, 5w6 Sx/So, 6w5 Sx/So, 7w8 Sp/So, 8w9 So/Sx, 8w9 Sx/So, 9w8 Sx/So

Extremely rare
    2w1 Sx/Sp, 4w5 Sp/So, 4w5 So/Sx, 4w5 Sx/So, 5w4 Sx/So, 8w7 Sx/Sp
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Extremely common
    3w2 So/Sp, 3w4 Sp/Sx, 6w5 Sp/So, 6w5 Sp/Sx

Very common
    3w2 So/Sx, 6w7 So/Sp, 6w7 So/Sx, 7w6 So/Sx, 8w9 Sp/So

Common
    1w9 So/Sp, 3w2 Sp/Sx, 3w4 So/Sp, 7w8 So/Sx, 9w8 So/Sx, 9w1 Sp/So

Quite common
    1w9 Sp/So, 2w3 So/Sx, 3w4 So/Sx, 6w7 Sp/So, 6w7 Sp/Sx, 9w1 Sx/Sp

Averagely common
    1w9 Sp/Sx, 1w2 So/Sp, 4w3 So/Sx, 5w6 Sp/So, 6w7 Sx/Sp, 7w6 Sp/Sx, 7w6 So/Sp, 7w8 Sx/Sp, 8w7 Sp/So, 9w8 Sp/So, 9w8 Sp/Sx, 9w8 Sx/Sp, 9w1 Sp/Sx

Quite rare
    1w9 So/Sx, 1w2 Sp/So, 2w3 So/Sp, 3w2 Sp/So, 3w4 Sx/So, 4w3 Sp/Sx, 4w5 Sp/Sx, 5w4 Sp/Sx, 5w6 Sp/Sx, 5w6 So/Sp, 6w5 So/Sp, 6w5 So/Sx, 6w7 Sx/So, 7w6 Sx/Sp, 8w7 So/Sx, 8w7 Sx/So, 8w9 Sp/Sx, 8w9 So/Sp, 8w9 Sx/Sp, 9w8 So/Sp, 9w1 So/Sp

Rare
    2w1 Sp/So, 2w1 So/Sx, 2w3 Sp/So, 3w2 Sx/Sp, 3w4 Sx/Sp, 4w3 So/Sp, 5w4 So/Sx, 5w4 Sx/Sp, 6w5 Sx/Sp, 7w6 Sp/So, 7w6 Sx/So, 7w8 Sp/Sx, 7w8 So/Sp, 7w8 Sx/So, 8w7 Sp/Sx, 8w7 So/Sp, 9w1 So/Sx, 9w1 Sx/So

Very rare
    1w9 Sx/Sp, 1w9 Sx/So, 1w2 Sp/Sx, 1w2 So/Sx, 1w2 Sx/Sp, 1w2 Sx/So, 2w1 Sp/Sx, 2w1 So/Sp, 2w1 Sx/So, 2w3 Sp/Sx, 2w3 Sx/Sp, 2w3 Sx/So, 3w2 Sx/So, 4w3 Sp/So, 4w3 Sx/Sp, 4w3 Sx/So, 4w5 So/Sp, 4w5 Sx/Sp, 5w4 Sp/So, 5w4 So/Sp, 5w6 So/Sx, 5w6 Sx/Sp, 5w6 Sx/So, 6w5 Sx/So, 7w8 Sp/So, 8w9 So/Sx, 8w9 Sx/So, 9w8 Sx/So

Extremely rare
    2w1 Sx/Sp, 4w5 Sp/So, 4w5 So/Sx, 4w5 Sx/So, 5w4 Sx/So, 8w7 Sx/Sp
    Interesting. How do you get this?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

from most to least(in my experience):
    4w3's (maybe its just so insanely easy to spot them, or ive just happened to meet a huge bunch of them.. but it seems like theres a 4w3, no mater where i go. and im not talking about the wanna be 4w3's.)
    7w6's
    9w1's
    6w7's
    8w7's

most rare to somewhat rare:
    7w8(only seen three in my entire life, none whom i even talked to. so this ennea is truly a mystery to me. they all seemed like adhd lol. well, maybe adhd is another word for e7?)
    2w3(only met one)
    8w9 (one again)
    1w9 (two)
    4w5(i consider 4w5's the easiest ennea to spot, so i guess they really are scarce considering that. they really stand out with that super cute sad eye thing.)
    5w4 ( three)
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I just was combing through my Facebook and seem to know a ton of 7s, a few more w6 than w8, lots of 4s, both wings, lots of 9s, and then very few 1s, 8s, and 5s. The rest are in between.

But that's all totally subject to the bias of people being on Facebook and being my friend and my subjective typing and whatever else. Just thought it was interesting. Probably says more about me and Facebook than about Enneatype prevalence.