Thread: Four vs Six

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Oh I just meant my comment isn't going to be helpful to the op but Heath has to be infp! Haha
    I've never gotten the Ne vibe from him. What makes you think so?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I had always thought Kristen Stewart was ISTP. No? Is that the 6 influence?
    -John Green

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I had always thought Kristen Stewart was ISTP. No? Is that the 6 influence?
    I don't know, she just always seemed fi-dom to me, which would explain why she's often typed as a four. I think especially the situation at 6 mins in this interview made me think that:

I don't get the Ne vibe from Heath either but like I said I think it can be hard to tell. Introverts don't share a lot and a lot of ISFPs are philosophical and a lot of INFPs are good at/ derive pleasure from hands on work (I get paid to do things like re-upholster couches and paint murals on walls, for example. Sewing something practical like that isn't my favorite thing but it's totally better than having to get a job.)

Stansmith

@brainheart

Fours have more of a heavy heart energy- this regretful moroseness. When I think of four I think of the first verse of a poem by Paul Verlaine- Il pleure dans mon coeur comme il pleut sur la ville/ Quelle est cette langueur qui penetre mon coeur- It cries in my heart like it rains on the city/ What is this languor which penetrates my heart?

Fours tend to be more sullen or despondent. This isn't to say a four can't have fun and can't be silly, but there's always this undercurrent that the fun silliness is fleeting. Fours are separated from others, but they don't do this deliberately. They just are. They may shave their head and get tattoos but it's more about expressing something within. Fours don't rebel so much as just have a different way of seeing things/ doing things. Others may perceive this as rebellion, but it's not. Fours are self absorbed- by this mean, every thing comes back into the self- how does this affect me? How does this make me feel? How does this relate to my past and me feelings of regret, shame, envy? Fours can also be supportive, but often drop people when the relationship 'feels wrong'. They have higher expectations and become frustrated more easily.
    I feel like Fi and my own personal demons give me some of that quality too more often than not.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

@brainheart

I've never really seen Heath talk about things that are not concrete and immediate to what's going on in his life.

But definitely... my INFP ex was an amazingly talented artist (drawing, painting, wood carving, cosplay costume building), who detested philosophy and psychology. Whereas, I would sit and journal and read about dreams, dream psychology, mbti, philosophy, etc. However, when we spoke: I spoke of things more immediate and more concrete. He spoke of bigger ideas, and loved to talk about coincidences and synchronicity, bringing this idea and that idea to one larger context. He was also much more imaginative and loved comic books and loved creating comic books.
    -John Green

brainheart

@brainheart

I've never really seen Heath talk about things that are not concrete and immediate to what's going on in his life.

But definitely... my INFP ex was an amazingly talented artist (drawing, painting, wood carving, cosplay costume building), who detested philosophy and psychology. Whereas, I would sit and journal and read about dreams, dream psychology, mbti, philosophy, etc. However, when we spoke: I spoke of things more immediate and more concrete. He spoke of bigger ideas, and loved to talk about coincidences and synchronicity, bringing this idea and that idea to one larger context. He was also much more imaginative and loved comic books and loved creating comic books.
    The bolded is a distinction I've found to be very true. An INFP might start a conversation with something concrete but then the intuitive leaps start coming. INFPS express themselves best with figurative language. I know I get tired and antsy when conversation stays too focused on reality, and like I really don't have much to share. I don't find myself to be particularly imaginative, though, honestly- unless my metaphors can be considered imaginative. I'm too self-absorbed, ha, so everything I do is pretty self-reflective.

@Stansmith, sure sixes can be deep and morose. I don't know how to explain it well, but six depression is different than four depression. Sixes, when depressed or upset remind me more of a crying baby who won't stop crying until someone comes and picks them up, while fours do their crying internally hoping that someone will notice that they aren't crying out loud and come check on them to see why they aren't. Back asswards, I know.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

@brainheart

What if one prefers to not be seen at all crying?

Is it possible for ISFP's and/or enneagram 4's to become hardened and desensitized to overly emotional people?
    -John Green

@Marmotini is an ISFP 6 and @ayoitsStepho is an ISFP 4 and they vibe very differently, so maybe that's a clue? Which one you identify with more, I mean.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I've never gotten the Ne vibe from him. What makes you think so?
    oh just from some interviews i've watched where he seemed ne to me haha. he looks around a lot...doesn't have the se present vibe. he doesn't seem locked into you when he talks like a se user does. he describes things...films he's worked on etc in a very ne way imo. idk man my infp bf and i both thought it was obvious.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    @Marmotini is an ISFP 6 and @ayoitsStepho is an ISFP 4 and they vibe very differently, so maybe that's a clue? Which one you identify with more, I mean.
    Neither and both. Ha! Ayo is much more bubbly, and Marm is way more aggressive. I'm somewhere in the middle.
    -John Green