• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Famous/Fictional 469s (Seeker archetype)

S

Stansmith

This seems like a pretty distinctive and identifiable tritype group, at least in my eyes.

Lana del Rey: ISFP 4w3 - 6w7 - 9w1 So/Sx

Kid Cudi: INFP 6w7 - 4w3 - 9w1 Sp/Sx

Know of any others?

S

Stansmith

Shoshanna Dreyfus: INFP 9w1 - 4w5 - 6w5 Sp/Sx

April Ludgate: ISTP 6w7 - 4w5 - 9w8 Sx/Sp (Actress playing her seems like the same type too)

^Alot of people type her as 4, but she seems more purposefully rebellious like an antisocial 6 than a representation of her internal world.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lana del Rey's video resonated a ton, especially about her sensory-led approach to creating (quality of the film, etc). When I was a kid, I flip-flopped between holding it close as a confounding secret and beating it up as an embarrassing hidden shallowness: "I see what you mean about themes of harmony and death and abandonment, but when I was created it, I was just thinking about the shape of the house and what it would be like to look at it." Blame school. :D

It makes my inner child feel less alone to see someone who thinks that way succeed in making something classier than explosion movies (not that there ain't a time and place for that kind of fun...). It interested me enough to look Lana up and read more about her. I should have known of her long ago.

Unfortunately, I have no famous contribution because, as the above suggests, I live under a rock. Good picks.

B

brainheart

I'm starting to realize just how different 4w3 and 4w5 are. :shock:

I thought I had the 469 tritype (4w5-6w7-9w8) and I can see a lot of similarities between myself and the April Ludgate clip (I agree on the core 6 for her), but I think I'm too hard on myself and others to have a 9 gut. It makes me wonder the same of her. She seems pretty critical. (But like I can base that on a couple of clips.)

S

Stansmith

I'm starting to realize just how different 4w3 and 4w5 are. :shock:

I thought I had the 469 tritype (4w5-6w7-9w8) and I can see a lot of similarities between myself and the April Ludgate clip (I agree on the core 6 for her), but I think I'm too hard on myself and others to have a 9 gut. It makes me wonder the same of her. She seems pretty critical. (But like I can base that on a couple of clips.)

4s are already pretty hard on themselves by default.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow lana del ray isn't at all what i thought she was like. she seems super young...i'm kind of blown away by how different she is from her persona in her videos. :huh:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah Lana del Ray has gotten a lot of flack from music critics and fans about her calculated image. Basically she started off with a Brittany Spears-like pop star image and wasn't having success. So they shot her lips up with collagen and gave her this retro artsy image and she took off. Her critics say that it's all for show and she's not a true artist.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah Lana del Ray has gotten a lot of flack from music critics and fans about her calculated image. Basically she started off with a Brittany Spears-like pop star image and wasn't having success. So they shot her lips up with collagen and gave her this retro artsy image and she took off. Her critics say that it's all for show and she's not a true artist.

Well she plays the role very well. I bought it and I love her sound.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

That's interesting. As long as she feels into what she's doing I don't see why her changing her image is a big deal. Her "fake" music seems pretty good to me.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I don't really think it's a big deal either. Just thought it might apply since people were saying that her personality was so different from the persona she portrays in her songs. I like her sound too, but there's something about an artist whose music is a true self-expression that I love. There's nothing wrong with music as entertainment, and she's certainly not the only entertainer in the music industry.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It actually kinda does bug me to realize that her style is contrived.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah I don't really think it's a big deal either. Just thought it might apply since people were saying that her personality was so different from the persona she portrays in her songs. I like her sound too, but there's something about an artist whose music is a true self-expression that I love. There's nothing wrong with music as entertainment, and she's certainly not the only entertainer in the music industry.

Oh yeah, totally, I didn't mean it against you. I read a scathing article about her after seeing your post and I was surprised by it. So much popular music is very fabricated. Maybe part of it is that she sounds so very passionate and soul-deep when she sings, and it's unfortunate to learn it's not so heartfelt. I guess I just never assumed that it was because the first time I heard of her was in association with a movie, and I saw an article talking about how she was bitchy to fans at an airport. So her image never really came across to me as super down to earth anyway.

Personally I like little local classical and jazz and celtic performances in person best :shrug:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Haven't paid much attention to this Lana del Rey chick - first I heard of her was in Marm's avs - but hot damn, that video was so rich with material to psychoanalyze, with Se, Ni, Fi, and even Te (albeit least so, and only really via suppression/negation/lack of import) all perfectly and directly on display/exhibited/demonstrated. One could have a typological field day with just that video.

/ excitable nerd

S

Stansmith

I get the feeling that the lyrics to this song explains her fixation towards her image somewhat

I feel like its something deeper than just "lol, I'm gonna get dolled up and make shitloads of money now". I don't see her as shallow.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I get the feeling that the lyrics to this song explains her fixation towards her image somewhat

I feel like its something deeper than just "lol, I'm gonna get dolled up and make shitloads of money now". I don't see her as shallow.

SFPs are both shallow and deep.

Just as NTJs are both deep and shallow.

The SFPs put an emphasis on their shallowness, and the NTJs on their depth (with some variance, obviously, depending on whether they are introverted or extroverted), but that's just because their shallowness (Se) is within the SFPs' ego block (i.e., top two functions), and depth (Ni) within the NTJs'. But, underlying all that, in the shadow (i.e., 3rd and 4th, or bottom two, functions), is Ni for the SFPs, wherein, subconsciously, lies true depth, and wherein, also subconsciously, lies true shallowness (Se) for the NTJs.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
It actually kinda does bug me to realize that her style is contrived.

Don't know enough about her, but, considering how contrived her face looks, I wouldn't be surprised if it's all part of the aesthetic (and, as such, commentary) she (whether consciously or not) and/or her handlers' have aimed for. This weird blend of nostalgia and shallowness, meaningfulness and substancelessness, that is America.

Sunny Ghost

I don't find Lana del Rey's music completely shallow. Doesn't she write her own music?

I think she is image fixated when speaking. That paired with ISFP's inability to really articulate their selves when on public display... it's really hard for me to sit and listen to her speak.

I just also really detest the baby voice some women do.