MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    @brainheart

So core 4s are the type who would never even consider seeing a therapist?
    That's not type-related.

Also, INFP is the self-doubting type, not ENFP. Self-doubting is related to type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

brainheart

@Stansmith

Funny that you mention this, because a four friend and I both go to see mental health professionals. We do it begrudgingly though. I go because I need a medication prescription. There is no way I would otherwise. He goes because other people in his life demand it. We hate the whole process. They never tell us anything we don't already know, we have a tendency not to share because we are so withdrawn. It feels like a totally painful waste of time. Yes, there is this desire to find the perfect therapist who would recognize and see us for who we are- every four is looking for that mirror- but I have yet to find it and neither has he. Which makes everything all the more miserable.

I think sixes tend to go to therapists more to get answers, advice, and support. I would never go to a therapist for that reason. Why would you seek out a therapist?

(I will say one thing. Social fours sometimes look an awful lot like six to me- especially social 4w3s. So it's entirely possible that's your deal. Like I said, it's not like I know you. I'm just giving an impression on what I've seen of you. Also, six has a line to three, so they can seem image type-like at times.)

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    @Stansmith

Funny that you mention this, because a four friend and I both go to see mental health professionals. We do it begrudgingly though. I go because I need a medication prescription. There is no way I would otherwise. He goes because other people in his life demand it. We hate the whole process. They never tell us anything we don't already know, we have a tendency not to share because we are so withdrawn. It feels like a totally painful waste of time. Yes, there is this desire to find the perfect therapist who would recognize and see us for who we are- every four is looking for that mirror- but I have yet to find it and neither has he. Which makes everything all the more miserable.

I think sixes tend to go to therapists more to get answers, advice, and support. I would never go to a therapist for that reason. Why would you seek out a therapist?

(I will say one thing. Social fours sometimes look an awful lot like six to me- especially social 4w3s. So it's entirely possible that's your deal. Like I said, it's not like I know you. I'm just giving an impression on what I've seen of you. Also, six has a line to three, so they can seem image type-like at times.)
    I saw therapy as a way to 'fix' me and make me a better me. Sometimes I've felt the way you've described, while other times I've been cooperative depending on my motivation and my chemistry with the therapist.

And yeah, it's a toughie. Image related issues is something I can relate to all too well; I don't know many males who've had it as intensely bad as I do. It seems like something completely trivial and feminine to the vast majority of guys.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@Stansmith I think my first guess would be a 4. You seem to fluctuate between 1 and 7 a lot. 4w5 but I'm not 100% on the wing

Second guess would be a 1.

What would you want to do with your life if u could wave a magic wand and have it happen with u knowing u couldn't fail? And what's your dream job?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    @Stansmith I think my first guess would be a 4. You seem to fluctuate between 1 and 7 a lot. 4w5 but I'm not 100% on the wing

Second guess would be a 1.

What would you want to do with your life if u could wave a magic wand and have it happen with u knowing u couldn't fail? And what's your dream job?
    Director/Writer, head of self-titled Fashion label, some sort of exotic architect, or a 19th century novelist. I'd be somewhat of a connoisseur.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Director/Writer, head of self-titled Fashion label, some sort of exotic architect, or a 19th century novelist. I'd be somewhat of a connoisseur.
    Very similar to what I'd say.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    That's not type-related.

Also, INFP is the self-doubting type, not ENFP. Self-doubting is related to type.
    I'm very self-doubting of my self, and I'm 0% INFP! Unless you mean lack of faith in the self, which is quite different.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I'm very self-doubting of my self, and I'm 0% INFP! Unless you mean lack of faith in the self, which is quite different.
    Are you certain that you are 0% INFP?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Are you certain that you are 0% INFP?
    Yes. I suck terribly at Fi. Having all of those rigid values and extreme self-awareness would make my heart implode and explode my head off!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Yes. I suck terribly at Fi. Having all of those rigid values and extreme self-awareness would make my heart implode and explode my head off!
    Who said anything about Fi?

I'm creating a test which will focus solely on the 16 types, not on individual letters or functions.