Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

Default Christopher Hitchens

don't know this is the right forum to post in but if not, please move it.

I've recently acquired a small-scale obsession with Christopher Hitchens (and kind of beating myself up for not doing that when he was still alive. sigh).

All the search results seems to point out that he's an E6:
    http://www.9types.com/wwwboard/messages/35470.html
    http://www.thechangeworks.com/images/Famous.pdf

What do you think is the justification for these? Do you agree? He doesn't seem so overtly Sixish like, say, David Letterman is to me. I would have said he's a 1w9. What do you think?
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

brainheart

About a year ago, based on reading about a hundred pages of his essays, and not knowing what others had typed him, I concluded he was likely a 6w5. Why?

- His drive to fully understand, and then use, his conclusion that atheism is correct to combat and disprove religion struck me as social+6+5.

- He focused on authority: the authority religion wields, the authority governments wield, and he used what he learned to try to take the authority from those powers.

- He seemed too reactive to be a one.

So that was my first conclusion. However, the more I think about it, I think a case could be made for 1w9.

Why?

- His need to educate people of the truth. He did have a bit of the taint of a Crusader to him- crusading against religion with the sword of reason.

- In his speech there was the restraint and refinement often present in a one. (He is an educated Brit, though.)

- It seems that he could have the 1-4-7 connection, just like Thoreau, another likely 1w9. And I think passion in a one can look reactive at times: the anger and force fueled by self-righteousness.

In other words, I don't know enough to say for sure. I'd have to read more of his works.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Caveat, I have only done a Google image search and read the Wikipedia article.

What stands out for me is that he didn't fight for anything nearly as much as he fought against many things, and that screams counterphobia.

But like I said, that is going off limited exposure.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

INTJ (counterphobic) 6w5

Don't know about his variant.

When I saw him at a debate in college, I said to myself, "That is exactly how people should think."

Not the substance, per se, but the methodology.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I clearly recognized myself in him.

Perhaps even more so than Nietzsche.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

He was kind of an asshole. Definitely INTJ. Occasionally insightful but mostly just enjoyed controversy. 6w5 makes sense more than any combination with a 9 ("peacemaker") in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I clearly recognized myself in him.

Perhaps even more so than Nietzsche.
    I can certainly see that, because, in person, Nietzsche was much closer to Dawkins than to Hitchens, mild and exceedingly well-mannered, all fire and fury subdued.

I'm not sure he could be more of a 6 if he tried. If you watch his body language you can see he's more anxious and nervous than anyone, but he was good at hiding it behind his wit & intellect. At his worst he was an insular contrarian, at his best he was a fierce bulldog. Above all he wanted to be courageous, intelligent & likeable.

A sexual 6 as well, most likely. Dude was intense, and never misplaced an opportunity to charm the pants off someone.
    Hello

Hello! I'm new and I'm interested in such questions. I esteem your opinions, I think it will come in handy.
    Netspend customer service
    Last edited by Desy234; 12-11-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

INTJ 3w4.

A frivolous shape-shifter in love with his own celebrity and the sound of his voice. Vastly overrated, foolishly adulated, endlessly insufferable. Here in debate with an actual 6w5. Happily, they are even of the same stacking, for your ease of comparison. Don't say I'm not good to you.