User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would your Friends/Family members type you?

Default How would your Friends/Family members type you?

How do you think people you know would type you based on how you come off?

Acquantinces or random people I 'know' on campus: Probably 3w4, 4w3, 4w5, 7w8 or 7w6 depending on the person or the day. People who briefly see my lively/extroverted side probably think 7w6 or 7w8 (I can be pretty domineering at times), while people who see more of my standoffish or "precious" side would probably think 3w4 or 4w3. I tend to always be well put-together and consistently groomed so I probably come off as Image-y.

Close friends: Would probably type me as 6w7 with an off-chance of 7w6, 9w8 or 4w3. There are a few friends that I consider 'close', but that I don't really open up to about my insecurities, so they probably see me as some sort of carefree charlatan or subtle-narcissist.

Family: The majority would see me as 4w3 besides my mom and a few cousins, since they all seem to have a vague idea about my depressive tendencies and I usually come off as aloof or private. The ones I've spent lots of time with around the time I was 15-17 would say 6w7.

Senior Member Array
    468 sx/so
    :-( None

I just wrote about this in another place, but I'll recap here:

In public, I'd be seen somewhere on the left side of the enneagram.

5--for my withdrawn detachment in social circumstances and general level-headed knowledgeability.
    6--if I have a reaction. A lot of people think I'm a 6w7 online.
    7--when I'm having an Ne-attack. I get taken for 7w6 online the other half of the time.
    8--when I'm in charge of something, or I'm in a bad mood (which I've been for nearly 3 years for medical reasons). It's almost like I've switched types--I've become blunt, openly combative, and unable to care about anything outside my own self-interest. Sad but true.

My own family typed me as a 4 or 5 when first introduced to the enneagram (I was in high school). Ten years later, after I stopped doing more overtly 4ish things, they've decided I'm really more of a justice-oriented, power-structure-abnegating cp6. Eh, close enough.

Family and Friends: 5 or 6 (I am consider the "nerd" in the family and a "deep thinker" by friends)
    School setting: 3 or 6 (I am very type A and anxious about my competency)
    Outsiders: 9, 3, or 5 (I am somewhat flashy, detached/reserved, or very go with the flow depending on the situation)

Everybody would probably label me as sp first by a long shot. I am a relatively quiet extrovert and pretty much pick and choose who I want to talk to.

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx

Acquaintances: Type 5. Coming across as detached, cerebral, investigating, bookish.

Close friends: Type 4 or Type 1. Most would see a combination of individualism and desire for social reform.

Family: Type 4, for better or worse.

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Banned Array
    5w6 sx/so

Anyone I know in real life with a basic understanding of Typology I'm sure would call me either an ISTP or an INTP along with one of the head types (5>6>7).

Acquaintances: Mostly they say that I am talented, gifted, and mysterious as they always wonder what I'm going to do next.

Close friends: They would probably say that I'm an INTJ or an INFJ. One, an ISTP, thinks I'm the same as him, and I think that is hilarious. I'm not going to tell him any differently because he says I "inspire" him, so I don't want to ruin it for him. I actually like him...a lot. Another, an INTJ, thinks I'm just like him and I don't want to ruin it for him, either, so I'll let him think that. An ESTP friend calls me Joan of Arc, so he apparently thinks I'm an INFJ. My INFP friends all think I'm an INFJ, as do my ENFJ friends, ENTP friends and my ENFP friends. My one and only INFJ friend in real life, thinks I'm his female counterpart, so there you go.

Family: Some of them see me as INFJ and some see me as an INTJ.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

Junior Nasty Woman Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    872 sx/sp

My family would probably type me ENTP 7w6. Apparently, I'm somewhat scattered when I feel more secure.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

I tried to get my family interested. The only person who I won over for a short while was my mum, who upon reading some rather spurious internet descriptions decided either INTP or ENTP was like me.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    2w3 sx/so
    yolo Ni

I'm so changeable! If there's someone on this planet who lets situations influence her mood so much that her behavior changes so much every few months you'd almost think she's switching personalities, it's me. I think the only time when people would type my enneagram right, would be when I'm concerned about someone and they'd type my MBTI type right when I'm feeling good. When I'm feeling bad about something that doesn't have anything to do with another person, people would type me as a type 6 or 4 and probably ISTJ or something. When I'm ecstatic for some reason, I tend to come across as a full-blown 7. When I'm concerned about someone I think I come across as ISFP. The only people who this doesn't count for, would be my family. I think they'd type me as potato. MBTI, enneagram, everything. Potato overload.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

Infinite Bubble

Acquaintances - Stereotypical 5w6, and probably 9w1 as well. Any Introverted type.

Close friends - Not sure. At different points, 5, 7 and 9. Probably an NP type.

Family - A stew of 5w4, 6w5, 7w8 and some slices of 3. On MBTI, my mother said Ne was most like me, which may or may not be accurate.