User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christians that are id types

INFj None

I think Id types would probably do okay in my brand of Christianity if they could halfway keep a lid on their junk. Pentecostals are supposed to be passionate and driven. It's one of the many things that makes me a sucky Pentecostal.

Edit: My brother is a Pentecostal preacher and when he gets really going with the praise and worship it looks like he's air-humping God.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

6w7 so/sx
    EII Ne

My close 3w4 friend is a mainline Protestant and she seems pretty all right with it. She's fairly self-centered and can be snobby/judgmental but she does have strong values and she works hard. She's going into a human service field as her career even though it won't automatically bring in huge money or high status, for example, which I think is pretty admirable for a Social 3. She is very loyal to her church and congregation, she really looks up to some of the leaders there, and for the most part she seems to act in a way that is in line with her professed beliefs.

Of course, 3s are excellent at making things appear great outside, so I can't really account for how she experiences the struggle to be faithful internally.
    Last edited by skylights; 08-26-2013 at 06:23 AM.

4w5 sx/so

I'm a non denominational Christian and though I am not an "id type" (sometimes I think 4 should be though), I have quite a few Christ following friends who are. I volunteer in the youth ministry of a very large church, and many of my fellow volunteers are highly capable leaders (which of course means lots of 3, 7 and 8). Counting only those who I know personally, and who know their Enneagram type (quite a few really, my church is actually how I got into the Enneagram), I know five 3's, three 7's and five 8's. All of them lead lives committed to Christ, but this doesn't mean they never sin! If we didn't sin at all (if someone could actually figure that out), we wouldn't need the blood of Christ to cover us. Their devotion to "walk the walk" of the way Christians are called to live is very real though. All of them (everyone I know who is in a career or volunteer place of leadership at my church) have accountability in place in their lives in areas where they are weak, because they desire to live a godly life. It works too! I can even say from my own experience, I know where my flesh is the weakest and I stay as far as I humanly can from temptations of that nature. I've had zero problems for 4 years because I desired freedom from it enough to seek accountability.

It is a really interesting topic though, I may ask my 3's, 7's and 8's about this! If I do, I'd be glad to post what they had to say here.
    Find my Enneagram writing here, and ethical boutique here.✨