• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Happiest Types in the Enneagram

S

Stansmith

1 - 9w8; it's amazing how peaceful they are. Male 9w8s have the appeal of a 3w4 without even trying.

2 - 7w6

3 - 3w2; they sure look happy.

4 - 9w1

5 - 2w3

6 - 7w8; I've noticed alot of them can get into some really dark phases, especially with drugs and alcohol. They seem like they have a much higher dopamine tolerance than 7w6s.

7 - 8w7

8 - 3w4; I get the vibe that they're actually pretty melancholy/dead inside despite all of their achievements.

9 - 2w1`

10 - 8w9

11 - 5w6

12 - 5w4

13 - 1w2

14 - 1w9

15 - 4w3

16 - 4w5

17 - 6w7

18 - 6w5

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was a happier type before all of the negativity you have sent 6's way! :(

Genuinely, though, it is becoming frustrating to keep reading. I feel like much of the perspective you have on 6s is very personally colored and perhaps something of a projection; it is noticeably ranked the lowest and worst by you in multiple posts and threads. Certainly being a 6 is not the most rosy-colored of the enneatypes, but nor is it quite such sturm und drang.

Moreover - as EJCC said (I have edited, thus have read her post below prior to writing this), (holistic) happiness and well-adjustedness are not type related; they have to do with levels of health.

Plus, "happiness" is a bit of a vague measure. Are we talking who comes off the happiest seeming, or who experiences the most positive emotion, or who is most content, or who reports the most satisfaction with their lives?

My little brother is a 9w8 and while he's pretty easygoing and content, I'm not sure I really see him falling in that top category, either. I just really don't think it has nearly as much to do with type as health, and even then it's not really "happiness" as much as contentment/fulfillment. And variant and MBTI are significant too, because those will both affect emotional processing and outward demonstration.

I'm just not sure about this whole thing overall, but I hope you will consider seeking out more neutral perspectives on type 6, if nothing else.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why do you constantly feel the need to create hierarchies of which types are "better"/"worse", with your type as the worst in whatever category?

Happiness and well-adjustedness are not type related at all.

R

Riva

Although e4s (esp 4w5s) seem sad and probably are, if i'm not mistaken they enjoy the feeling of sadness. So by theory they probably feel thrilled to be depressed. I think they deserve the top spot. E6s are more worried than sad.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Although e4s (esp 4w5s) seem sad and probably are, if i'm not mistaken they enjoy the feeling of sadness. So by theory they probably feel thrilled to be depressed. I think they deserve the top spot. E6s are more worried than sad.

Ehh...we aint inhuman. Depression is something that is horrendous for any person, as much as we might try and make the best of it coz we feel we dont deserve better.

S

Stansmith

Existential fear is much scarier and all-encompassing than shame IMO. Shame is living in the past constantly, fear is living in a dreadful, narcotic, inevitable future and eventually, death.

Object attatchment triad also sucks, because its almost impossible to picture yourself existing outside of society's preconceived notions for how one should live (standards which will never satisfy you or bring you truly memorable life experiences). A 4w3 writes plays with blunt confidence, a 7w8 throws a party, a 6 works a corporate job that he secretly hates and comes home to a tub of Haagen-Daaz thinking about what he's gonna do 20 years from now for 6 hours before he has to go to sleep.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
As others have said, type doesn't determine a person's potential for happiness. Look at the self-actualization triangle:

abraham-maslows-hierarchy-of-needs1.preview.jpg

Basic needs: not related to typology at all. As for social (belongingness and love) needs, here are some examples of interpersonal issues common to each type:

Ocean Moonshine (1 said:
Ones: Ones are not only aware of the flaws they see embedded in the very structure of reality, but also, by extension, of the flaws they see in others...Ones tend to focus their reform efforts on those they love. These reform efforts are a sign of the One's love, but can, paradoxically, cause others to feel unloved, as though they were simply never quite good enough for the One... Ones are quite hard on themselves, also.

Twos: In the average to unhealthy Levels, Twos present a false image of being completely generous and unselfish and of not wanting any kind of pay-off for themselves, when in fact, they can have enormous expectations and unacknowledged emotional needs.

Threes: Everyone needs attention, encouragement, and the affirmation of their value in order to thrive, and Threes are the type which most exemplifies this universal human need... They want success because they are afraid of disappearing into a chasm of emptiness and worthlessness: without the increased attention and feeling of accomplishment which success usually brings, Threes fear that they are nobody and have no value.

Fours: …as those in the Four’s life are frequently unaware of the inner chain of connections which has given rise to the Four’s current emotional state, there tends to be an unpredictable quality to intimate relations with Fours. Fours are often in search of the perfect lover, someone who will rescue them from their self-absorption, but as they have high expectations of lovers, suffer from a sense of shame, and easily feel misunderstood, love relationships seldom progress smoothly.

Fives: Fives tend to withhold themselves from others, from emotional involvement and sometimes from life itself... [Many fives] never truly share the depth or uniqueness of their being even in the context of their closest personal relationships. Their fear gets in the way.

I'd go on, but I think it's obvious that none of these struggles are necessarily more difficult. It depends on the individual, and the same goes for the upper-tier needs. Anyway, how would ranking types like this be beneficial? It would only be discouraging if people took it seriously and used it as another excuse to limit themselves.

Depression isn't the same as sadness, and it's as unwanted and deadening for e4s as it is for anyone else. Do you really think that some people genuinely enjoy an illness characterized by a lessened ability to enjoy anything at all?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
a 6 works a corporate job that he secretly hates and comes home to a tub of Haagen-Daaz thinking about what he's gonna do 20 years from now for 6 hours before he has to go to sleep.

:bored:

I guess we're not going the route of seeking more neutral perceptions on 6, then. I'm not saying there's no grain of truth to it, but it's very limited, and I'm unclear on how it's benefitting anyone's understanding to continue framing the type in a negative, stunted representation when there is a very broad and varied swathe of personal conditions within that type category.

Yes, the tendency to linger in a stable but unfulfilling situation is a pitfall for 6s - but so is unforgiving self-criticism for 1s (having a great job and being unable to enjoy it because you are so focused on everything you may do "wrong"); so is not meeting one's own needs for 2s (they can give and give all day and still come home empty); so is not fulfilling one's own dreams for 3s (you finally got that high-ranking position and you're still fighting for the next rung); and so on.

Even those "happiest" types - 9w8 can mask aggression and hostility under complacency, 7w6 can be so neurotic and flighty they can barely keep themselves afloat, 3w2 can be almost sociopathic in their facade of people pleasing belying a hard inner shell, 9w1 can be incredibly repressed and alienated under the guise of peaceful aloofness, 2w3 can be extremely insecure and attention-obsessed, and so on down.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Id say 7w8 or 9w8. [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION], you're smoking something if you think 3s are happy people.

(And it's probably not as marvelously dank as the rasta man in your avie)

Starry

[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]

With all the misconceptions surrounding e7...I realize what I will say here will be rejected prior to even typing it out...but I'm not even remotely convinced you are in fact a 6 but rather a 7w6 (probably with a counterphobic wing)...or possibly a 9w8. Strangely two of the types you've sorta glorified as being in perpetual states of ecstasy.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]

With all the misconceptions surrounding e7...I realize what I will say here will be rejected prior to even typing it out...but I'm not even remotely convinced you are in fact a 6 but rather a 7w6 (probably with a counterphobic wing)...or possibly a 9w8. Strangely two of the types you've sorta glorified as being in perpetual states of ecstasy.

I think I have a phobic wing…

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why do you constantly feel the need to create hierarchies of which types are "better"/"worse", with your type as the worst in whatever category?

Happiness and well-adjustedness are not type related at all.

Yeah. OP is such a personal view it hurts. I know you've previously said that you don't feel healthy and you've struggled with depression, but that's no reason to put it all on type - "If I have it this hard, then all people of my type must have it hard." Everyone has their own personal struggles dude. :shrug:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
The positive outlook types are 7, 9, and 2. So therefore, I would say that a 792 tritype would be happy as fuck.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Id say 7w8 or 9w8. [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION], you're smoking something if you think 3s are happy people.

(And it's probably not as marvelously dank as the rasta man in your avie)

The positive outlook types are 7, 9, and 2. So therefore, I would say that a 792 tritype would be happy as fuck.

I pretty much agree with these comments.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Then 2 is probably not my heart fix. I struggle with feelings of inferiority, and that will kill even the best mood.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Then 2 is probably not my heart fix. I struggle with feelings of inferiority, and that will kill even the best mood.

749 is "The Gentle Spirit", I think. I could see that for you.

Starry

Having a 2, 7 & 9 in your tritype will do absolutely nothing to guard against feelings of inferiority. Nor will it guarantee happiness. What it does apparently guarantee is the ability to convince others you are happy whether you are in reality or not.

Totally feel like putting a massive *eye roll* in here towards every other post on this subject/tritype in this thread. But will refrain.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Having a 2, 7 & 9 in your tritype will do absolutely nothing to guard against feelings of inferiority. Nor will it guarantee happiness. What it does apparently guarantee is the ability to convince others you are happy whether you are in reality or not.

Totally feel like putting a massive *eye roll* in here towards every other post on this subject/tritype in this thread. But will refrain.

I see…
Do you think that ENFP males seem similar to ENTP females?