Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Default Tritype Dynamics

Thinking about how the order and combination of one's tritype works together. I imagine that a 729 would look different from a 792, 279, etc. I haven't been able to find anything on the internet speaking to my tritype specifically, and I was just feeling curious. Thoughts?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

I think the order is dependent on your core type? For example, 4s are heart>head>gut, so I assume there couldn't be a 416, 497, etc. I don't know about the other types, though. Maybe 7s would be head>gut>heart since they're adjacent to 8.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmm i'm a 729 also and haven't found much info either.

but it feels like...i'm ruled by my head and that's where i go first...but sometimes when dealing with other people it seems like...i might quickly go to either my heart or gut center.

like...as a 7 i might start off detached or analytical...then...jump right in and help someone...be compassionate, mothering, nurturing etc
    or...maybe i'll become a peacemaker and help foster communication between people...work quickly to diffuse a situation.

i think that usually happens when i'm either unaffected by it personally or if i've had time to analyze it enough where i can look at it objectively.

i just feel like...the 7 is where things get filtered first...then depending on the situation it gets filtered down to the 2 or 9 but i have a feeling it's still being processed by the 7 and won't feel the same as someone that's a core 2 or 9

but that's all just a feeling...i have no idea how this stuff works.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Thinking about how the order and combination of one's tritype works together. I imagine that a 729 would look different from a 792, 279, etc. I haven't been able to find anything on the internet speaking to my tritype specifically, and I was just feeling curious. Thoughts?
    It definitely does look different depending on order, and you're also right about the internet not having much clean cut info on tritypes in general.

I'm a 458 (The Scholar) and I have an 8w7 friend who is the same tritype as me (except her order is different: 854). We're different people, but it was a huge "Aha moment" for us both because we've always felt kindred. I've never doubted that I'm a 4 and my friend is absolutely a spot on 8, but we share a lot of similarities. Darkness of personality, withdrawn nature but prone to visceral reactions and speaking up without much regard for decorum-- there's so much more but I digress. The bottom line is that though we share the same tritype, she is strongly colored by 8, and I by 4. I have 8 moments but they are less common that my leanings towards 4 and 5. She has 4 moments, but they are less common than her leanings toward 8 and 5. Core type obviously takes precedence and then which of the two others (2 or 9 in your case) you scored higher in. I was actually pretty even between 5 and 8 though so I just went numerical-- haha.

I (the nerd that I am) have actually started compiling info about my tritype, but it's definitely taken some digging. I want to get this book.

Also, I've seen a tritype referred to in numerical order when all variations are included. So when talking about The Peacemaker they may write 279 and mean it to be inclusive of: 792, 297. How we can differentiate then between that and when they literally mean 279 with and e2 core, I have no idea.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    I think the order is dependent on your core type? For example, 4s are heart>head>gut, so I assume there couldn't be a 416, 497, etc. I don't know about the other types, though. Maybe 7s would be head>gut>heart since they're adjacent to 8.
    I didn't see your post before I responded, but I believe you are correct! I'm glad you knew how to explain the fact that there are only 3 variations of each tritype (instead of 6), because I didn't. Interesting! Though I believe 7's are always head>heart>gut, at least that's the order I've seen them written. ?
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

was gonna start a new thread, but i realized it kind of goes along with this one.

is there any blocking that goes on with the fixes in one's tritype? like, in my type, could 2 be blocked if 7's unsatisfied? and 9 only comes out when 7 and 2 are quiet?

or is it more of a situational thing. like, 'this is a head situation: i will use my head fix'.

just thinking about it...
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    9W1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    The way I always imagined it, was that these were more specific to how you solved Heart, Mind, and Body problems. If you had a Heart problem, you would follow your Heart type. A mind problem would require a Mind type solution. Not all problems would be specifically one or the other though, so which was dominant would decided how you faced "One sugar or two?"

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    hmm i'm a 729 also and haven't found much info either.
    I thought you were 749.

Edit: Whoops. I just realized that this was an older thread. You may have changed your type since then.. Nvm!

Stansmith

I'm not sure it makes a difference in my case. I relate to 9w1 and 3w4 equally.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    I thought you were 749.

Edit: Whoops. I just realized that this was an older thread. You may have changed your type since then.. Nvm!
    i don't know what i am!! haha i'm either 729 or 728 or 749...i think
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison