Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    no one would ever call me emo...i'm pretty sure. but maybe you mean something else? or see it differently somehow? did i seem intense? is that what you mean? or just sx ish?
    yes. specifically Fi+Sx/Sp-ish. you didn't seem quite as extroverted as a 2 fixed 7 though (compare to @Chanaynay for instance)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    yes. specifically Fi+Sx/Sp-ish. you didn't seem quite as extroverted as a 2 fixed 7 though (compare to @Chanaynay for instance)
    yeah totally...i'm not. 749 might fit idk...it all seems like just guessing now. i can't decide. sorry nic for blabbing on here.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    was gonna start a new thread, but i realized it kind of goes along with this one.

is there any blocking that goes on with the fixes in one's tritype? like, in my type, could 2 be blocked if 7's unsatisfied? and 9 only comes out when 7 and 2 are quiet?

or is it more of a situational thing. like, 'this is a head situation: i will use my head fix'.

just thinking about it...
    five sounds

I got distracted yesterday and forgot to respond to this with the very little I know here...

which is merely that some enneagram enthusiasts do relate the 9 points to the 9 chakras...and while I cannot be sure of it as I'm only making an assumption here... but I imagine if people believe chakras can be blocked or closed...then it perhaps follows that enneagram points can be as well.

If you discover something in this regard I hope you post about it in this thread.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Maybe it's the 4, but I feel very different from others who have 4, 9 and 7 in their tritype but in a different sequence
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    yeah totally...i'm not. 749 might fit idk...it all seems like just guessing now. i can't decide. sorry nic for blabbing on here.
    by all means, do your thing! wish i had more to add, but it's interesting to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    five sounds

I got distracted yesterday and forgot to respond to this with the very little I know here...

which is merely that some enneagram enthusiasts do relate the 9 points to the 9 chakras...and while I cannot be sure of it as I'm only making an assumption here... but I imagine if people believe chakras can be blocked or closed...then it perhaps follows that enneagram points can be as well.

If you discover something in this regard I hope you post about it in this thread.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com
    thank you for indulging my wandering mind, starry.

yeah, i've read about chakra theory being brought into enneagram, and that might be where some of that thought process is coming from.

but aside from chakras, enneagram as a whole seems to have a very fluid nature (integration/disintegration). that flow i can understand as being from one point on the enneagram to another without that constant energy stream dynamic necessarily applying to separate fixes within a tritype. i'll keep looking around, and let you know if i find any *real* information, haha.

in the mean time, i'm kind of leaning toward a static, dominance-determined dynamic (i.e. i could use 2 without 7 being 'satisfied', but i might be more prone to come at a heart matter with my head first since that fix is dominant). where 'blocking' could happen might be related specifically to matters of integration and disintegration (per individual fix), where the fluidity seems indisputable.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah this is interesting. calling all super @intheknowenneagrampeople

we need to know this. how's this work?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Another member on here (sorry, I don't recall) linked to what another member on PerC (madhatter) had compiled on tritypes. I found it helpful to at least get the general flavor of the various tritypes, although order does seem to matter.

http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram...criptions.html

I think I fall in the spectrum of 9-5-2 (Problem Solver) or 9-6-2 (Good Samaritan)...I think, because 5w6 is the "scientist" aspect and that plays a big part in how I think and approach life.

I do like the way perC sets up their enneagram section (divided by heart-head-gut) and it does seem to have more info. on enneatypes IMO.

Thanks madhatter!
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    Another member on here (sorry, I don't recall) linked to what another member on PerC (madhatter) had compiled on tritypes. I found it helpful to at least get the general flavor of the various tritypes, although order does seem to matter.

http://personalitycafe.com/enneagram...criptions.html
    Cool, thanks for posting the link here! Great descriptions. After looking at all of the combos, 469 is the best fit for me, describes me best. Does anyone know of any others on this forum?
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

brainheart

@cascadeco- @Misty is a 469.

It bugs me that I relate to the 478 description of those the most, with 458 coming in second.

If that's the case, why do I relate to eight oh so very little? I guess it would explain why I seem like a sx-ish sp/sx...

(This is a rhetorical question. I don't want @Starry coming in here and flaunting her perceptive abilities. )

brainheart

I'm starting to think more and more that the way to tritype someone is based on initial vibe, that getting all analytical about it only screws things up.

It's more a flavor than a complex system.