User Tag List

Infinite Bubble

Default Could these statements be related to Enneagram type?

There is a therapist I've been going to, that brings unconscious fears and negative beliefs to the surface and gets rid of them, to enrich mental health. It just came to me that these might be related to Enneagram type/instinctual variant, and it might reveal what that is for me. So if they could be related at all, to which type might it be? If it is unrelated, fair enough.

"Fear of not being good enough." - This one keeps coming up very frequently, it is probably very deep-set in my psyche (perhaps since I was young).
    "Feel unappreciated."
    "Fear of needing to be with others."
    "Feel unworthy of nurturance."

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Sounds kinda 2-ish to me. Just a thought though.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    There is a therapist I've been going to, that brings unconscious fears and negative beliefs to the surface and gets rid of them, to enrich mental health. It just came to me that these might be related to Enneagram type/instinctual variant, and it might reveal what that is for me. So if they could be related at all, to which type might it be? If it is unrelated, fair enough.

"Fear of not being good enough." - This one keeps coming up very frequently, it is probably very deep-set in my psyche (perhaps since I was young).
    "Feel unappreciated."
    "Fear of needing to be with others."
    "Feel unworthy of nurturance."
    I think they could apply to any type, but recurrent feelings of worthlessness are usually associated with the image triad.

Quote Originally Posted by Enneagram Institute
    Perhaps the biggest obstacle facing Twos, Threes, and Fours in their inner work is having to face their underlying Center fear of worthlessness. Beneath the surface, all three types fear that they are without value in themselves, and so they must be or do something extraordinary in order to win love and acceptance from others.
    I've never met any INTJ 2s, 3s, or 4s. Maybe you're a 5 disintegrating to 2 or a 6 disintegrating to 3. But, again, I'd think that those are pretty common fears.
    Last edited by decrescendo; 08-15-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: mentioned wrong type