User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

For the most part I like type 7's. The 7's I know are fun to be around, have a great sense of humor, and don't take life too seriously. On the downside, I don't like 7's when they are unhealthy and end up being unreliable, or overly impulsive and deny all problems.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Twos aren't necessarily friendly, especially with the one wing. I like them all right, but am drained when I feel that one is up to something, as if concealing what's really going on inside is a strategy that will work forever.

I detest the two inside me, however. Think the insidious connotations of the phrase, "I was just doing my job."
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I tend to think people who are constantly obsessed with their image to others are annoying, which is part of how I figured out I am not a four, because they are image obsessed too in a different way. They think they are their image.
    I don't know if I agree fully with that statement. Perhaps I am wrong about my enneagram, but I'm well aware that my 'image' is a creation. I generally try to not create an image; especially one that fits in with a particular genre or trend.

Btw. Nice to see you still frequent these parts, Marm. Miss the cat avatars.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I don't know if I agree fully with that statement. Perhaps I am wrong about my enneagram, but I'm well aware that my 'image' is a creation. I generally try to not create an image; especially one that fits in with a particular genre or trend.

Btw. Nice to see you still frequent these parts, Marm. Miss the cat avatars.
    I think for the four the image is more of an idealized self- so there is this 'you' that's the perfect you- the you that you would be if you weren't so fucked up. The perfect you- what you would be if you actually lived to your potential- is the real you. Meanwhile, this person you are in the mundane existence of life is the false self. It's like... there's a bird in a cage. It looks out the window to see another bird, flying around, and the bird in the cage thinks, "That's me, not this thing... here."

Fours envy because they think others live a life of ideal circumstances, that they were given all the things needed to thrive, while the four wasn't. By extension, if the four was given the things others got, she would be different, she would be the perfect her. So in a way reality is fake and fantasy is real.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I think for the four the image is more of an idealized self- so there is this 'you' that's the perfect you- the you that you would be if you weren't so fucked up. The perfect you- what you would be if you actually lived to your potential- is the real you. Meanwhile, this person you are in the mundane existence of life is the false self. It's like... there's a bird in a cage. It looks out the window to see another bird, flying around, and the bird in the cage thinks, "That's me, not this thing... here."

Fours envy because they think others live a life of ideal circumstances, that they were given all the things needed to thrive, while the four wasn't. By extension, if the four was given the things others got, she would be different, she would be the perfect her. So in a way reality is fake and fantasy is real.
    This makes much more sense to me and reaffirms my 4-ness.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I like 7s as long as they respect me for who I am. The thing that's cool about them is that they can actually get me out of a funky mood and help me put things in the proper perspective.

Actually, my problem might be that I find it very hard to leave 7 scattered-ness.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Socionics
    ILI

I don't mind 9s, they are often some of the wisest people I've known.

I have no love for it. Many things I do not like about myself lie there.

As for twos: I don't think I know any. I think my mother may be one but if she is then she likes going to the eight a lot. I would suspect that they would be very good at giving me only what I don't actually need or want.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Disintegration sounds like it's supposed to be unpleasant, but do you feel a paradoxical liking for your disintegration point?
    No, however in the moment of disintegration it can feel like a greater truth than being in normal/healthy ranges. I can understand the fears, doubts and worries that a (phobic) 6 must live through as a normal state of mind, however when my 9 default is trust that others have no ill will without cause and have faith that everything will work out it is tiring to always be on edge, second guessing, seeing deceit under the surface, and as a core 9 my disintegration involves all the low sides of a 9, the narcotisation and numbing out of life and/or the over analysing with no action. Thing is, when doubt is your first reaction, it feels like some kind of truth, like you're not having the wool pulled over your eyes, that aspect on it's own without the 9 numbing out isn't something I intently dislike, it's just tiring because I push a lot of it back on myself and encourages me to disconnect.

Do you feel tempted to slip into it just because you think it's more effective or easy or attractive than your integration point?
    No, however I do have a connection to 4 and the idea of picking at an emotional scab when I'm already down can appeal to me. Disintegrating isn't easier, attractive and it's certainly not effective, however pulling yourself back up takes effort so it may seem easier in the moment.

Do you tend to like or dislike people who are the same enneagram as your disintegration point?
    I don't recall ever meeting a 6 I disliked, there is something about them I find inherently likable, especially those who are more phobic than counter-phobic.

Bonus question for 9s: how do you feel about 6s?
    They aiirite.

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post

Bonus question for 9s: how do you feel about 6s?
    Sounds scary to be a six.