• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do You Like Your Integration Point?

G

Ginkgo

Do you enjoy the idea of your integration point? Do you tend to like people who are the same type as your integration point? Do you enjoy being integrated or being "healthy"?

If you're unsure of your integration point, here's a chart for reference.

Enneagram_integration_and_desintegration.JPG

EDIT: Updated image.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
in person i'm not sure i know any 5's except i think my mother might be...and well of course i like her haha

G

Ginkgo

in person i'm not sure i know any 5's except i think my mother might be...and well of course i like her haha

Do you like it when your areas of interest become more refined and you start to collect information about particular things in depth?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you enjoy the idea of your integration point? Do you tend to like people who are the same type as your integration point? Do you enjoy being integrated or being "healthy"?

E-Disintegrate.gif

The arrows indicate the dynamics of integration and disintegration.

I love my integration point.

I have aspired to practice Buddism and follow the Tao my whole life...and now I know why...

Even though it's extremely contradicting to my MBTI type....womp womp...control freak.

However when I'm able to find inner peace and bring peace to others around me, I feel fullfilled.

I feel like I have ultimate power...and that appeals to the Te/Ni :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you like it when your areas of interest become more refined and you start to collect information about particular things in depth?

yes i do...but i still lack the patience most of the time. i only have a few interests that i study in depth actually...and that might have more to do with my sxness...not sure.

i don't feel integrated.

G

Ginkgo

I love my integration point.

I have aspired to practice Buddism and follow the Tao my whole life...and now I know why...

Even though it's extremely contradicting to my MBTI type....womp womp...control freak.

However when I'm able to find inner peace and bring peace to others around me, I feel fullfilled.

I feel like I have ultimate power...and that appeals to the Te/Ni :)

It's a bit contradictory in more than one way, considering that the typical E9 hardly exude power. IMO this reinforces the theory that integration points typify behaviors more than psychological attitudes. Internally, you're still focused on a locus of control like any type of the head fix, but externally, you're not anxiously searching for a system to trust. So, I'm guessing that from that POV, you can troubleshoot as a 6 without any hiccups because you're not consumed by the need to troubleshoot.

S

Stansmith

I wouldn't mind being a 9, but I don't like the idea of acting like one now.

G

Ginkgo

yes i do...but i still lack the patience most of the time. i only have a few interests that i study in depth actually...and that might have more to do with my sxness...not sure.

i don't feel integrated.

My E7 ex wasn't sx and she still identified with the sentiment. However, sx would probably amplify your level of interest and even your level of impatience.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm married to a 5, and love his 5-ness most of the time. I think I like that he is so cool and calculating while I'm much more fiery and spontaneous. It's almost like a built-in security for me since he's around to make sure I don't jump into anything too crazy. I help him loosen up and do things outside of his comfort zone too. Although we're both pretty comfortable in our roles, I definitely think each of us strives to be a little more like the other in that respect.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a bit contradictory in more than one way, considering that the typical E9 hardly exude power. IMO this reinforces the theory that integration points typify behaviors more than psychological attitudes. Internally, you're still focused on a locus of control like any type of the head fix, but externally, you're not anxiously searching for a system to trust. So, I'm guessing that from that POV, you can troubleshoot as a 6 without any hiccups because you're not consumed by the need to troubleshoot.

Hmm...maybe I'm romanticizing the idea of an E9.

I was talking about the kind of "power" one gets when they have inner peace.

Like a subtle "steady river" power. hmm...hard concept to convey now that I think about it...abstract I guess...

Anyways...you're right either way about the bold.

I was actually thinking of starting a thread like this but you've saved me the trouble, so thanks. :D

As I said to you last night, I don't really like the idea of 3s. The prospect of integrating to 3 also seems quite distasteful to me because they're so frequently portrayed as shallow, disingenuous, and narcissistic. However, cultivating better self-worth and a genuine interest in achievement is probably very good advice for most 9s. I've enjoyed being integrated whenever I've been integrated. It's quite liberating.

I can't think of any 3s I'm personally close to. The closest I can think of is a college friend with a strong 3 fix but I'm not convinced its her primary type. I didn't find her presence empowering or anything. Mostly, I just felt sorry for her because she was struggling with so many expectations and wanted so many things without being sure if she wanted them. I don't know, getting to a place where you've accomplished and acquired all this stuff and still maybe feeling kinda hollow inside and like there's still something missing sounds awful. I feel a lot of sympathy for people in that place even though I dislike what they pursue.

I think I'd have a hard time getting myself to like a 3 at first but once I'd managed to do it, things would be smoother. In contrast, I find it easier to like 6s but the longterm relationship is much more bumpy because their anxiety rubs off on me and I find myself thinking the same way. I have actual experience with 6s though, and none with 3s.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

E-Disintegrate.gif

This chart shows disintegration points.

And, no, I don't like 2s.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

E-Disintegrate.gif

This chart shows disintegration points.

And, no, I don't like 2s.

gromit

likes this
I guess 3 is more powerful and less wishy-washy, so sure, why not?

G

Ginkgo

I don't understand the chart.

The green arrows begin at a normal type and point towards a respective integration point. The purple arrows begin at a normal point and point towards a respective disintegration point. Sorry for the confusion.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Im actually more partial to my disintegration point, but I can see the merits of a healthy 1 for sure. The average and especially unhealthy ones though...I find it hard to shut out their judging voices so I tend to keep quiet and avoid them :ninja: