User Tag List

First 12

Stansmith

People at average and unhealthy levels of each type tend to really fear taking on the traits of their integration point, and see it as almost ego-defying

6s fear that they'll be too compliant (9)
    4s fear they'll be too ordinary (1)
    3s fear they'll be too passive (6)
    2s fear they'll be too alienating (4)
    1s fear they'll lose their principles (7)
    9s fear they'll be exposed (3)
    8s fear they'll be weak (2)
    7s fear they'll being confined or limiting their possibilities (5)

There's usually gonna be one that really irks you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    @pinkgraffiti do you think you're a nine? you said many types fit you. Often when one does not relate to just one type...that's a sign your a nine.
    Ahah NO! one of the few certainties I have in my life is that I'm not a type 9 (seriously, it's a type that i don't understand at all. i'm not accommodating and i have very clear opinions about most things)

I've more or less established now that 7 is my core. I had a moment of mental diarrhea when I thought I might not be so...I guess the more I read about enneagram types, the more confused I get. But if I see my whole life in perspective, then I think 7 makes a lot of sense.

Now I'm on the road to determining what the tritype could be. It could be 1 or 8 from the gut fix and 3 or 4 from the heart. I'm going to think about it... ....oh, and the wing too!

EDIT: uuuh, look what i found

this could be cool for other 7s if they're unsure of their tritype:

7 with 1 gut fix: both are idealistic and share a connection (unhealthy 7 goes to 1). I imagine there is much internal tension between 7's self-indulgence and 1's self-restraint, which might lead to hypocrisy and claiming to be „above” meaningless fun. Very future-oriented.

7 with 8 gut fix: both are assertive (aka id types), hedonistic, aggressive, moody, intense. Typical non-conformists, can be insensitive jerks especially when unhealty. They get what they want (or they wish they could, lol), and are drawn to intensity and variety. Most are 7w8 (Captain Obvious, lol).

7 with 9 gut fix: both are positive outlook types, and escape from the dull, cruel world. The need to be seen as happy and laid-back is present in both, although they don't always feel like it (I suspect it can make them mistype as Fours, especially because 9 fix would make them a bit shy and withdrawn).

7 with 2 heart fix: both are positive outlook types. Nevertheless, while 2 wants to be selfless, 7 is self-centered. They can be very gregarious, charming and funny, but not willing to dwell on negativity. I suspect most are So-doms. OTOH, they might seem hysterical when unhealthy.

7 with 3 heart fix: both are assertive (aka id types). They don't want to look miserable, sad or unsuccessful, and the 3 augments their 7-ish need for seeking new sensations. Some description present they as wanting to be always trendy, attracted to luxury and lavishness, but I doubt it's always the case.

7 with 4 heart fix: both are idealistic, intense, creative and self-indulgent. There is a lot of tension between 4-ish pessimism, unrestrained emotions [yes! bingo!] and 7-ish optimism combined with disregard for feelings. I suspect the most flamboyant 7s are 4-fixers.

http://personalitycafe.com/type-7-fo...bad-jokes.html

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    People at average and unhealthy levels of each type tend to really fear taking on the traits of their integration point, and see it as almost ego-defying

6s fear that they'll be too compliant (9)
    4s fear they'll be too ordinary (1)
    3s fear they'll be too passive (6)
    2s fear they'll be too alienating (4)
    1s fear they'll lose their principles (7)
    9s fear they'll be exposed (3)
    8s fear they'll be weak (2)
    7s fear they'll being confined or limiting their possibilities (5)

There's usually gonna be one that really irks you.
    Mmmm why that theory? you could also say that people may also fear being their point of disintegration, cause they dont want to be unhealthy.
    Do you identify with what you posted, do you fear the 9? I'd say the 1 irks me the most, I cant stand how someone may think that there's only one way or that things are black&white. I like 5s, they are usually calmer and wiser than me, and I can have very meaningful discussions with them. I also sympathise with their problems with integrating in society and general naivety.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    Mmmm why that theory? you could also say that people may also fear being their point of disintegration, cause they dont want to be unhealthy.
    Do you identify with what you posted, do you fear the 9? I'd say the 1 irks me the most, I cant stand how someone may think that there's only one way or that things are black&white. And I find 6s boring. I like 5s, they are usually calmer and wiser than me, and I can have very meaningful discussions with them. I also sympathise with their problems with integrating in society and general naivety. And 2s are annoying because they're up in everyone's business.
    My attitude towards integration 9 is basically a fear of accepting an unfulfilling life.

And it's not just that you find a certain type lame, it's more about a fear of being like that type, given your aspirations and current life-situation. If I was born a 9w8 or 9w1 with their fears and aspirations I wouldn't mind, but the thought of adopting those traits where I'm at now is kind of unsettling.

Agreed.

I hate the fact I have a fear of abandonment. If you were to ask me 5 years ago if I had one, I woulda said hell no. So counterphobic

Then recently @Starry was trying to help me

Poor Starry...I'm sorry and thank you!

Starry had told me I could be an 8w7...and probably didn't have a wing of 5

I dismissed the idea cause I can't stand 7's...(the ones I know irl at least)

Then about 3 days after that...I realized I don't take to them well, cause I have a strong wing of seven. dammit

There's obviously something in myself that I don't like and when I'm around a 7 I'm reminded of it. Damn them shadows. :/
    Oh sweetie... please don't worry about me!!! omg no haha! People rejecting my input on what their type is...is a common occurrence... and I'm not entirely sure which cardboard box I'd be living in... in which red-light part of what city...if I experienced hurt whenever this happened (psst - there are a couple of males on this forum...that temporarily shift their type away from whatever I suggest...using the information I've provided them incorrectly...as *proof* they are whatever they want to believe they are at the time. I've considered guiding them into their actual types by totally agreeing with everything they say haha. <-this only registers as an eye-roll on my radar.)

Anyway, I actually thought it was hilarious how you were totally blasting 7s. And honestly, with all the 7 hate that was on the forum at the time I realized this about myself... the experience was almost like 'coming out of the closet to my super religious family' or something of the sort. What you guys are discussing is so true. You need to look at the descriptions that turn your stomach to read. That will be your type haha!

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Oh sweetie... please don't worry about me!!! omg no haha! People rejecting my input on what their type is...is a common occurrence... and I'm not entirely sure which cardboard box I'd be living in... in which red-light part of what city...if I experienced hurt whenever this happened (psst - there are a couple of males on this forum...that temporarily shift their type away from whatever I suggest...using the information I've provided them incorrectly...as *proof* they are whatever they want to believe they are at the time. I've considered guiding them into their actual types by totally agreeing with everything they say haha. <-this only registers as an eye-roll on my radar.)

Anyway, I actually thought it was hilarious how you were totally blasting 7s. And honestly, with all the 7 hate that was on the forum at the time I realized this about myself... the experience was almost like 'coming out of the closet to my super religious family' or something of the sort. What you guys are discussing is so true. You need to look at the descriptions that turn your stomach to read. That will be your type haha!
    Yea, not only am I not a 6w5...but my wing is STRONG wing 7 oy vey
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Yea, not only am I not a 6w5...but my wing is STRONG wing 7 oy vey

Welcome to the Jungle.

Hang in there pinkgraffiti. You're still you. And that is what matters.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.