User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is wing or tritype the better theory?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wing

8 61.54%
  • Tritype

2 15.38%
  • Other (includes both or neither)

3 23.08%
123 Last

Default Enneagram: wings vs tritype

Do you think wings or tritype makes more sense going between theory and reality? (or something else)

...and why?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

i'm going to say tritype because i have a gut feeling that we have a major type but then also variations of all the others. so a tritype would help represent all of you (head+gut+heart). the wing thing doesn't give a lot of information that is independent from the core type (but maybe it shouldn't, so). i dont know, i think someone should do an in-depth statistical analysis of the distribution of enneagram types so that we can actually start discussing some scientific facts here.

Stansmith

Wings and instinctual variant make the most difference. Tritype is basically "oh, this guy wears custom tailored suits and takes up alot of space, this other guy wears thriftshop clothes to job interviews and doesn't take up space"

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

so far, i havent found any evidence in my experience that would support the existence of tritype, so im putting the whole theory on same pedestal as astrology so i can focus on deepening my understanding of theories i actually know to be true. but yeah, its ture, we can definately mimick other enneagrasm, but there doesnt seem to be anything more to it than that.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Sorry it took me so long to replace the private poll with a public one. If you already voted, please vote again.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

why does it have to be either/ or?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    why does it have to be either/ or?
    There's an option for both

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    There's an option for both
    okay then both!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    okay then both!
    It just seemed to me many people have strong opinions one way or the other though and I was curious about why.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well according to some video i watched they noticed people of the same tritype often have more in common with each other than people of the same core type and wing. even if the core type was different. i found that interesting...i don't know it to be true from personal experience tho.

i think it's cool to fine tune it a bit...or add more definition. like yeah i'm a 7w6 but i'm different in a lot of ways from this other 7w6 bcause i've got the two and nine thing going on...and also because i'm sx/sp instead of sx/so or whatever.

i think it's all interesting....also...i think it's super interesting that the whole forum seems to be more enneagram focused lately...i have been too. there's still so much to earn....and i love how it's all about growth.
    -Jim Morrison