User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Why not get her to try this test:
    Professional Enneagram & Tritype® Test - http://www.enneagram.net/tests/index.html
    (complete version-includes Tritype!)
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

I was reading about the Freudian theory of the enneagram. Here goes the major scheme:

9w1 Ego-Superego
    1w9 Superego-Ego
    1w2 Double Superego
    2w1 Double Superego
    2w3 Superego-Id
    3w2 Id-Superego
    3w4 Id-Ego
    4w3 Ego-Id
    4w5 Double Ego
    5w4 Double Ego
    5w6 Ego-Superego
    6w5 Superego-Ego
    6w7 Superego-Id
    7w6 Id-Superego
    7w8 Double Id
    8w7 Double Id
    8w9 Id-Ego
    9w8 Ego-Id

If this theory is correct (can you please tell me if it makes sense to you personally), then she can't be a 9w1 like I thought, because she's definitely a mix of Ego and Id, there's no Super-Ego in her (she externalizes the super-ego, sends it to me, which i hate because i don't want that role)

Thus, I'm left with these types:
    3w4 - can't be a 3
    4w3
    8w9 - i don't see anything 8 about her
    9w8 - i don't see anything 8 about her

But then again, I also read Naranjo's character and neurosis and a lot of things fit with type 9:
    1. Relaxation in posture and movement.
    2. Love of Physical Comfort - could be related to Sp
    3. Slow Reaction
    4. Love of Eating
    5. Socialization of Eating
    6. Pleasure in Digestion
    7. Love of Polite Ceremony
    8. Sociophilia
    9. Indiscriminate Amiability

10. Greed for Affection and Approval
    11. Orientation to People
    12. Evenness of Emotional Flow
    13. Tolerance
    14. Complacency
    15. Deep Sleep
    16. The Untempered Characteristic
    17. Smooth, Easy Communications of Feeling, Extraversion of Viscerotonia
    18. Relaxation and Sociophilia under Alcohol.
    19. Need of people when Troubled - completely false, she sorts her problems alone
    20. Orientation toward Childhood and Family Relationships. - yes, fixation in childhood and innocence, fixation in the oniric world

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Why not get her to try this test:
    Professional Enneagram & Tritype® Test - http://www.enneagram.net/tests/index.html
    (complete version-includes Tritype!)
    I can't, she refuses to take tests because she thinks that people are all special and can't be categorised. I tried a test one time, but she didn't finish it because she complained that the questions were too shallow and could not represent her complexity.
    When I told her about the enneagram, she said she identified with the stereotype of the 4 (but that was a very superficial conversation anyway)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    @pinkgraffiti - i don't suppose your GF happens to have a bit of an exhibitonist side (not necesserly implicitly sexual as much as enjoying an audience)?
    oh absolutely. if we're having a romantic moment she might position herself in front of a mirror and look at how she appears rather than be in the moment. often when living things she will unfold into 2 people and watch herself experience things as she experiences them. i've read some stuff on how this is connected to masochism but i dont know how it fits the enneagram or MBTI theories. she does the same to me...if i had a reaction that she liked, she might ask me to repeat it, because she gets pleasure how of that. or when thinking about the past she will get excited about recreating her reactions to things, or other people's etc.

PS: with other people she likes having an audience. being appreciated for her intelligence, or beauty etc. she likes compliments and having her ego stroked. pays a lot of attention to how she's dressed and the impact she'll have on other people.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    I can't, she refuses to take tests because she thinks that people are all special and can't be categorised. I tried a test one time, but she didn't finish it because she complained that the questions were too shallow and could not represent her complexity.
    When I told her about the enneagram, she said she identified with the stereotype of the 4 (but that was a very superficial conversation anyway)
    I once had an argument with an INTP friend about MBTI and typing and stuff, and i was arguing that you can't just go looking for 'x' type as a mate because although they may have some characteristics of 'x' type, their upbringing, education, country of origin, mental well being, religiosity and a slew of other factors made it little more than saying 'oh i want to date an aquarius' in terms of what they would ACTUALLY be like.

His argument was that my argument was SOOOO INFP.

I wanted to kick him in the face.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

As an INFP, she should take to the enneagram like a fish to water. Perhaps if you show her the short tritype descriptions she might find herself in one of them. Pique her curiosity more.

There are things up in your description that sound 9-ish and others that sound 4-ish, but as a 9 I'm not getting a full 9 vibe, something seems off about it. Maybe it's because her characteristics are written through your lens? Not sure.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Society

i've read some stuff on how this is connected to masochism but i dont know how it fits the enneagram or MBTI theories.
    it fits into the stereotype of the sx/so instinctual variant very well, which can in turn allow a more accurate enneagram typing.

there are some pretty good enneagram-instinctual-variant combo descriptions out there, though google is failing me at the moment for finding them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    As an INFP, she should take to the enneagram like a fish to water. Perhaps if you show her the short tritype descriptions she might find herself in one of them. Pique her curiosity more.

There are things up in your description that sound 9-ish and others that sound 4-ish, but as a 9 I'm not getting a full 9 vibe, something seems off about it. Maybe it's because her characteristics are written through your lens? Not sure.
    yes, i feel like shit, because i'm trying my best to represent her, but if we're not going anywhere it's because i'm not being a good messenger here. i'm going to try and talk to her about this (i haven't tried much because I don't want her to think that she's just a stereotype for me, and that i don't understand her)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

yes, i feel like shit, because i'm trying my best to represent her, but if we're not going anywhere it's because i'm not being a good messenger here. i'm going to try and talk to her about this (i haven't tried much because I don't want her to think that she's just a stereotype for me, and that i don't understand her)
    Oh, don't feel bad! It's a process, I am sure we'll be able to narrow it down. If she would take the test it would be easier ... maybe she'd be interested to learn about instincts too, as they represent the intensity of love languages in a way. If you represent this as something that will help you connect with her more deeply or completely, do you think that approach would be useful?
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I think she's 4w3 sx/so with 9 in her tritype

I'm a 729 in that order and I relate a lot to the 9 things listed.
    I definitely think she's sx
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison