• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How does something like ADHD affect type

tanstaafl28

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
I have been typed as a 5w6 so/sx 5-2-8, ENTP. I find it disconcerting that while my "core" traits seem very "fivish," I don't seem to fit the profile in some significant ways.

I am comfortable being social to the point where I don't mind drawing attention to myself, even to the point where I have acted on stage, given speeches, and I even taught public school for two years. I am an absolute curiosity/knowledge junkie, I have done a lot of "trial-and-error" to determine which approaches work best, and my social interactions have gotten far less awkward as I have gotten older. I do detach my thoughts from my feelings, and after a social interaction, I do like to spend time alone contemplating them. I also have ADHD combined-type, impulsive/hyperactive. I guess I have always felt like a "square peg" no matter what I have done. I have a tremendous mind for facts, dates, and trivia, and my reading comprehension skills were at a college level by the time I was in seventh grade. I am equally comfortable in the middle of a crowd, or sitting quietly reading a book by myself. If there is one thing that I will not abide it is a bully. If I think a person is being a bully, I will stand up to them no matter what the personal consequences are. Also, I do not "hoard" knowledge, I am happy to share what I know if I think it will help. I am the proverbial "jack of all trades, master of none."

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to whether it is my ADHD that causes me to be so difficult to read, or is there something I am overlooking? Please share your ideas. Thanks.

Starry

Hello [MENTION=16595]tanstaafl28[/MENTION],

If you are truly an ENTP and not IxTP... or if you truly lead with Ne yet relate to aspects of e5... then I feel quite confident suggesting you are actually an e7. Which wing though I could not say...

What I've noticed is when actual ENxP 7w6s mistype (are unable to identify with the *never-ending-party* found in most e7 descriptions)...they usually settle on either 4w5 or 6w7... and when actual ENxP 7w8s mistype those individuals usually end-up believing they are 5w4 or 8w7. With you having your type listed as 5w6...I'm not sure which way to go with that but...

If I was to guess based on what you wrote in this post...so/sx...ENTP...and the fact you seemingly identify with 2 & 8 (as stated in your tritype)... I would say...

ENTP 7w8 so/sx

S

Stansmith

You seem like an ENTP 7 who's into intellectual pursuits.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Pretty much every enneagram 7 that I have ever known has been diagnosed with ADD. Also, most 6's tend to have an anxiety disorder of some sort. Plus, I've noticed that most people that are bipolar tend to be sx doms.

tanstaafl28

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
Hello [MENTION=16595]tanstaafl28[/MENTION],

If you are truly an ENTP and not IxTP... or if you truly lead with Ne yet relate to aspects of e5... then I feel quite confident suggesting you are actually an e7. Which wing though I could not say...

What I've noticed is when actual ENxP 7w6s mistype (are unable to identify with the *never-ending-party* found in most e7 descriptions)...they usually settle on either 4w5 or 6w7... and when actual ENxP 7w8s mistype those individuals usually end-up believing they are 5w4 or 8w7. With you having your type listed as 5w6...I'm not sure which way to go with that but...

If I was to guess based on what you wrote in this post...so/sx...ENTP...and the fact you seemingly identify with 2 & 8 (as stated in your tritype)... I would say...

ENTP 7w8 so/sx

Thanks for your input. It appears that my tritype was indeed mistyped, but other than that, I appear to be a rather healthy So/Sx 5-8-4. I've consulted with some "experts" in the Enneagram community and they concur that it is my 8 fix, and instinctual variant stacking, that gives me the ability to be a less withdrawal-prone 5.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your input.

- - - Updated - - -

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder how aspergers affects type. How might, say, an ENFJ or a 7 be affected by it?

Aurora James

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's the other way around. Your type affects your ADHD.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I have been typed as a 5w6 so/sx 5-2-8, ENTP. I find it disconcerting that while my "core" traits seem very "fivish," I don't seem to fit the profile in some significant ways.

I am comfortable being social to the point where I don't mind drawing attention to myself, even to the point where I have acted on stage, given speeches, and I even taught public school for two years. I am an absolute curiosity/knowledge junkie, I have done a lot of "trial-and-error" to determine which approaches work best, and my social interactions have gotten far less awkward as I have gotten older. I do detach my thoughts from my feelings, and after a social interaction, I do like to spend time alone contemplating them. I also have ADHD combined-type, impulsive/hyperactive. I guess I have always felt like a "square peg" no matter what I have done. I have a tremendous mind for facts, dates, and trivia, and my reading comprehension skills were at a college level by the time I was in seventh grade. I am equally comfortable in the middle of a crowd, or sitting quietly reading a book by myself. If there is one thing that I will not abide it is a bully. If I think a person is being a bully, I will stand up to them no matter what the personal consequences are. Also, I do not "hoard" knowledge, I am happy to share what I know if I think it will help. I am the proverbial "jack of all trades, master of none."

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to whether it is my ADHD that causes me to be so difficult to read, or is there something I am overlooking? Please share your ideas. Thanks.

It becomes integrated into they way you are.

It weakens and shapes it.