• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Hardest Type to be in The Enneagram

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Six plight is typical and familiar like a bowl of cheerios in the morning, but the 4 experience just seems like this rich blend of blue, red, purple, fuschia, magenta, whatever, even if the 4's lived their entire lives in the middle of Iowa.
As a 4, my first thought was one problem the rainbow has and cheerios don't: it's not edible.

:D

But of course, the grass will always seem greener.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Type 8 comes to mind. Numbed out yet sensitive and reactive, can be monstrous yet searching for innocence, distrustful yet needing a solid pillar. Complex mix.

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Type 8 comes to mind. Numbed out yet sensitive and reactive, can be monstrous yet searching for innocence, distrustful yet needing a solid pillar. Complex mix.

Don't know about 8s being distrustful. That sounds more like a counterphobic 6 to me. I'd imagine 8s can be very trusting under some circumstances.

I think sexual subtypes in general have things the hardest. The sexual instinct is somewhat opposed to many of our societies today. Social instinct will make structures, self-preservation won't change them - I imagine sexuals are the most likely to feel an intensely anti-authority attitude, which will give a feeling of trapped-ness.

But I'm a little confused still, on how instincts work.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't know about 8s being distrustful. That sounds more like a counterphobic 6 to me. I'd imagine 8s can be very trusting under some circumstances.

I think sexual subtypes in general have things the hardest. The sexual instinct is somewhat opposed to many of our societies today. Social instinct will make structures, self-preservation won't change them - I imagine sexuals are the most likely to feel an intensely anti-authority attitude, which will give a feeling of trapped-ness.

But I'm a little confused still, on how instincts work.

Sexual subtype can also be much more willing to express themselves, thus, having more interpersonal freedom. What do you wish to know about instincts ?

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sexual subtype can also be much more willing to express themselves, thus, having more interpersonal freedom. What do you wish to know about instincts ?

Can you respond to me in a PM please?

How they manifest in different types. I suspect I'm 5w4 (could be wrong on the wing) sp/sx. I don't relate to the vast majority of sx descriptions however, because they seem oriented around id-types (not to mention Se PoLR makes one absolutely terrible at being assertive). I imagine a 5 will express it very differently.

Then there's a bit of a confusion around the sexual-social barriers - what separates the two? I've no doubt that sexuals may camouflage themselves as socials - if to do so would be the easiest way to create the desired intimacy. Could socials camouflage as sexuals? How would their interactions differ?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not sure in life, but within the Enneagram community I think all variations of the positive triad (279) have it hardest. Especially 7s. They're treated as though they're thought process is inherently wrong. I remember reading a post on tumblr (not the greatest place to discuss things, I know) that was just paragraphs of "Sevens are weak", like holy shit.

In terms of instinctual variants, I agree that sexual doms have it pretty bad. Personally I think sx/sp have it a smidgen worse than sx/so, though.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you respond to me in a PM please?

How they manifest in different types. I suspect I'm 5w4 (could be wrong on the wing) sp/sx. I don't relate to the vast majority of sx descriptions however, because they seem oriented around id-types (not to mention Se PoLR makes one absolutely terrible at being assertive). I imagine a 5 will express it very differently.

Then there's a bit of a confusion around the sexual-social barriers - what separates the two? I've no doubt that sexuals may camouflage themselves as socials - if to do so would be the easiest way to create the desired intimacy. Could socials camouflage as sexuals? How would their interactions differ?

Sure :D Do you want some kind of...sexual (subtype) answer :flirty: :whistling:

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've no doubt that sexuals may camouflage themselves as socials - if to do so would be the easiest way to create the desired intimacy. Could socials camouflage as sexuals? How would their interactions differ?

NO. I'll explain you now in PM.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 4 is the hardest type to be in the enneagram. Depression is a terrible thing.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Either 4 5 or 9. I'd say. Withdrawn types have it bad.

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Was going to make a joke about 4s. I would say 5 in all honesty though.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
It doesn't get much worse than INFP phobic 649/694 sp/sx

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 4 =/= depression.

I didn't say that Type 4 = depression. Where did I say that? Did I say that all type 4s are depressed? Nope. I said that depression is a terrible thing.

Nice try though.

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
I didn't say that Type 4 = depression. Where did I say that? Did I say that all type 4s are depressed? Nope. I said that depression is a terrible thing.

Nice try though.
Depression has nothing to do with this topic.

Nice try though, jackass.

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
Would you like to try again before a mod ejects you?

Try posting on topic. That might help.

Again, depression has nothing to do with type 4, or any other type for that matter. Perpetuating stereotypes is so 2010.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try posting on topic. That might help.

Again, depression has nothing to do with type 4, or any other type for that matter.
Type Four - The Individualist — The Enneagram Institute
"Addictions
Over-indulgence in rich foods, sweets, alcohol to alter mood, to socialize, and for emotional consolation. Lack of physical activity. Bulimia. Depression. Tobacco, prescription drugs, or heroin for social anxiety. Cosmetic surgery to erase rejected features."

Enneagram Type 4 Personality Profile • Help For Depression
7 references to depression.

Energy Healing for Enneagram Type 4 - The Individualist
"Fours are known for their tendency to hold onto sadness and melancholy; they frequently suffer from depressive episodes."

Want some more?

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
Type Four - The Individualist — The Enneagram Institute
"Addictions
Over-indulgence in rich foods, sweets, alcohol to alter mood, to socialize, and for emotional consolation. Lack of physical activity. Bulimia. Depression. Tobacco, prescription drugs, or heroin for social anxiety. Cosmetic surgery to erase rejected features."

Enneagram Type 4 Personality Profile • Help For Depression
7 references to depression.

Energy Healing for Enneagram Type 4 - The Individualist
"Fours are known for their tendency to hold onto sadness and melancholy; they frequently suffer from depressive episodes."

Want some more?

You are stuck in the past. Depression is a disorder. Nothing to do with type. Your "resources" don't mean anything. People with unhealthy states of mind are more likely to suffer from depression, regardless of type.

But by all means, keep on spouting cheap stereotypes.