• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Hardest Type to be in The Enneagram

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I think 4 sounds like the hardest type to be in the enneagram. So much emotion to grapple with.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you really black out from anxiety?! So crazy, I never knew. xoxo

yeah for sure...you've probably heard of people backing out before giving blood...it's like that.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
yeah for sure...you've probably heard of people backing out before giving blood...it's like that.
Oh yeah, definitely heard of people passing out when around needles. I guess I was surprised at the idea of it happening because of generalized anxiety and not from acute stress. I once passed out after being stung by a huge wasp. lol, my friends thought I was going into anaphylaxis, so I woke up to a dozen EMTs. True story.

S

Stansmith

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] I've never heard any mention of that. 7w6 being ne/ni ??? That's kinda awesomely interesting.
I an see how 6 is like ni paranoia.

I think 6 is more Si.
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

I have a hard time making Fi-based judgements and just sort of Ne everywhere. I obviously have significant Fi though, since I'm sensitive.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yeah, definitely heard of people passing out when around needles. I guess I was surprised at the idea of it happening because of generalized anxiety and not from acute stress. I once passed out after being stung by a huge wasp. lol, my friends thought I was going into anaphylaxis, so I woke up to a dozen EMTs. True story.

yeah i always feel like i'm going to pass out around needles but in the midst of an anxiety attack...your brain is just non stop thinking of all the possible real health shit that may be going on and it just freaks you out and your body feels like it's shutting down.

it's bloody horrible i tell you!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think 6 is more Si.

I have a hard time making Fi-based judgements and just sort of Ne everywhere. I obviously have significant Fi though, since I'm sensitive.

man...do you? really? i don''t think it feels that way to me...it feels either ne or ni

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
yeah i always feel like i'm going to pass out around needles but in the midst of an anxiety attack...your brain is just non stop thinking of all the possible real health shit that may be going on and it just freaks you out and your body feels like it's shutting down.

it's bloody horrible i tell you!
Am a very anxious person myself so I feel you!

S

Stansmith

This is basically me:

Ne-ENFp

The intuitive subtype gives the impression of a person that has been torn off from reality. Internally focused and at the same time disseminated, they’re inclined to unexpected contrasts of behavior where shyness and apathy are replaced by emotional elevation, determination and activity, a melancholic look - or inspired/joyful. Thoughtful and impulsive, optimistic and suppressed, timid and energetic, they provide various impressions. Internally inconsistent, sensitive and vulnerable, they hid their problems under a mask of carelessness. Try to be affable with everything, aspire to understand and favor everyone with a smile. They are attentive, soft and tactful. Willingly they explore the problems of others, try to find ways out of difficult positions and give useful advice. They protect their emotions and can threaten their opponents with notable psychological pressure. They’re impulsive, a little bit angular and their movements are badly coordinated. Gait is fast and a bit clumsy; their chins are often pointed, appear attentive, interrogative or surprised.

Starry

Wow yeah me too... Not a freakin care in the world... Mostly...I mean beyond things that I'd have to be soulless not to be upset about but yeah I developed anxiety in my 20's too.

Actually went to the dr telling him I think I had diabetes because my body would go numb and I'd lose vision or blackout sometimes.

I had periods where I was scared to drive because I was so afraid I might just drive right off the turnpike or even walking my dog too far from the house... I once blacked out and sat on the street all alone scared to death because I I couldn't see

It was nuts and I had no idea what was going on and the dr told me it was anxiety. I was like wtf. I don't think so... Why aren't you listening to me? You need to check my blood! I think I'm diabetic! And he said listen... You're like 115 lbs in good shape... I really don't think you're diabetic. You've got general anxiety disorder.

He wanted to give me pills for it... But I don't like taking pills.

I don't trust doctors much to prescribe me mood altering stuffs.

So I went to whole foods and found some herbal supplement called be calm or something haha

No idea if they actually worked beyond just a placebo affect of me feeling like I was handling it.

And they stopped... Mostly... Years later I had them again a couple times. Just thought I was having a heart attack. He gave me Valium. It was alright... Just took it a few times.

Got a divorce and have been fine since. Haha

I'm rambling. Ill blame the wine. But yeah that's funny that happened to you too.

I swear to fuckin god we were separated soon after birth. And yes, I don't want to make it seem like I never had any worries as a child. I had many concerns...many of them questioning the universe as to why I was taken away from my birth family and placed with a weird Italian family...(what's funny...and what you don't know...is I actually used to do this/say this to my parents. I used to tell them all about my 'other parents.' But I guess it was primarily when I wanted something and they wouldn't give it to me. I'd say...'well, my other parents...') No, I was very sensitive...and so concerned about people...people that were suffering was (and is still) a big one for me and my parents had to make sure I never overheard news stories or I'd be up all night... but I lived in a very happy *magical world* in my mind until...

I didn't think I had diabetes though...I thought I had a heart condition and something wrong with my thyroid because I became freakishly thin during that time...not eating because my stomach was always in knots. Then I was diagnosed with GAD as well.

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] I've never heard any mention of that. 7w6 being ne/ni ??? That's kinda awesomely interesting.
I an see how 6 is like ni paranoia.

Just as an fyi...this is only my personal observation. This is not anything I've ever read...and may be totally bogus.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It's of course subjective.
We all have problems, they are problems because we are not well armed to deal with them. Someone else will think your problems are peanuts and you should just get a regular reality check alongside your bi annual prostate exam. Myself included, but that's just because I genuinely enjoy messing with people for the sake of studying their reaction.

Life had taught me that, it's about pushing through until things become easy, while pushing the next bolder. That changes your perceptions and self at a rapid pace. Now are some types less able to grow? Well, whatever the answer / point of view, life's just fun that way.

:laugh:

Starry

I think 6 is more Si.

I need to come back to this as I need to go... but what are you referring to? More Si than 'ambivert?' Ambivert makes a lot of sense to me when I think of the conflict and second-guessing/paranoia and hyper-alertness of the e6... and that could certainly include Si in there as well.

edit: I guess I should say that I wasn't linking e6 to any specific introverted or extroverted function. Although I have seen e6w5 linked to Ni which is kinda a no-brainer really.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I need to come back to this as I need to go... but what are you referring to? More Si than 'ambivert?' Ambivert makes a lot of sense to me when I think of the conflict and second-guessing/paranoia and hyper-alertness of the e6... and that could certainly include Si in there as well.

edit: I guess I should say that I wasn't linking e6 to any specific introverted or extroverted function. Although I have seen e6w5 linked to Ni which is kinda a no-brainer really.

oh i get what you mean...ambivert in the straddling the line between introverting or extraverting a function...yeah...for m it feels right that it would be ne ni but maybe it feels different to someone else according to their dom functions?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
@Starry - That's funny!! I'm glad it made for an interesting example and not just nasty shock, lol. If I remember, I will remind you again down the road!

As for my own narrative... today...

happy happy huh? worry worry grumble irritated surprised happy wonder happy imagine competitive engaged-in-task annoyed happy disgusted relaxed happy

Pretty good so far I think :)

As a 6 I feel like there are certain things I feel negative concern/worry/upsetness about much more than others, and (maybe this is my 7), the rest I don't worry about much. I worry about my future career and schooling, I worry about my relationship, I worry about my day job that I don't like very much because it's run by greedy assholes, and I worry about plans going correctly. But other than that, I'm pretty happy and like to take in aesthetics and I like to work on problems and solve questions and play games and help people. When my mind is occupied with appreciating or solving or planning, I'm typically quite happy, so I try to keep myself engaged like that.

When I'm good, I try to practice relaxation/meditation during the down times so my mind doesn't turn to endless worrying and negativity. I guess that's the integration to 9 - the ability to find the zen calmness and consciously choose it over worry. The cool thing is that if we do it right, the 6 awareness stays, so it's like you still have the benefit of being a 6 but without being so cray.

While I like my 7 wing, because it seems to give me some extra "bounce", I don't think really 7 saves 6, because technically our wing kind of screws with us too. Keeping our minds occupied by go-go-going feels better than being mired in worry but it doesn't actually address the underlying anxiety - it almost makes it worse, in some ways! And makes us do silly impulsive things sometimes.

I do agree with @Stansmith that 6 is Si-ish. For me it amplifies Fi too, though, I think, by engaging Si.

What I cannot figure out is I do not relate to either the Socionics Ne-ENFp or Fi-ENFp descriptions... I'd say I would be a relatively heavy Fi user in ENFP terms, but I'm not particularly "theatrical"... to be fair I don't relate much to any Socionics type... :dry:

S

Stansmith

@Starry - That's funny!! I'm glad it made for an interesting example and not just nasty shock, lol. If I remember, I will remind you again down the road!

As for my own narrative... today...

happy happy huh? worry worry grumble irritated surprised happy wonder happy imagine competitive engaged-in-task annoyed happy disgusted relaxed happy

Pretty good so far I think :)

As a 6 I feel like there are certain things I feel negative concern/worry/upsetness about much more than others, and (maybe this is my 7), the rest I don't worry about much. I worry about my future career and schooling, I worry about my relationship, I worry about my day job that I don't like very much because it's run by greedy assholes, and I worry about plans going correctly. But other than that, I'm pretty happy and like to take in aesthetics and I like to work on problems and solve questions and play games and help people. When my mind is occupied with appreciating or solving or planning, I'm typically quite happy, so I try to keep myself engaged like that.

When I'm good, I try to practice relaxation/meditation during the down times so my mind doesn't turn to endless worrying and negativity. I guess that's the integration to 9 - the ability to find the zen calmness and consciously choose it over worry. The cool thing is that if we do it right, the 6 awareness stays, so it's like you still have the benefit of being a 6 but without being so cray.

While I like my 7 wing, because it seems to give me some extra "bounce", I don't think really 7 saves 6, because technically our wing kind of screws with us too. Keeping our minds occupied by go-go-going feels better than being mired in worry but it doesn't actually address the underlying anxiety - it almost makes it worse, in some ways! And makes us do silly impulsive things sometimes.

I do agree with @Stansmith that 6 is Si-ish. For me it amplifies Fi too, though, I think, by engaging Si.

What I cannot figure out is I do not relate to either the Socionics Ne-ENFp or Fi-ENFp descriptions... I'd say I would be a relatively heavy Fi user in ENFP terms, but I'm not particularly "theatrical"... to be fair I don't relate much to any Socionics type... :dry:

How did you get to that point? (assuming you've gone through a period of lower health)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
The Truth

Enneagram 6 is not just any one function.

But there is definitely a correlation between it and Pi.

The Ni side of things often seems to be more counterphobic, as it is less compliant, more questioning.

The Si side of things often seems to be more phobic, as it is more compliant, less questioning.

There are Ne, Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, and Te flavors to e6 as well, tho.

But the strongest correlation is definitely Pi.

W

WALMART

Has the answer been established yet? It's two. Any two that has no lover, no family, no friends... any two that longs for such a simple establishment as basic human connection, but finds only abuse at every turn.

And so the two settles, Pearl Jam forever etched in his or her heart.

OK, so this thread has inundated me with evidence that it sucks to be a 6. :cry:

5s, why does it suck to be you? Or are you going to lurk in the shadows and refuse to tell me?

S

Stansmith

Has the answer been established yet? It's two. Any two that has no lover, no family, no friends... any two that longs for such a simple establishment as basic human connection, but finds only abuse at every turn.

And so the two settles, Pearl Jam forever etched in his or her heart.

The 2 can get all that easily unless their country is in the midst of a civil war or something.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The 2 can get all that easily unless their country is in the midst of a civil war or something.

I actually know a 2 that was bullied their whole life...

Therefore making them lonely

It's really awful to be a lonely, sad, abused 2. :cry:

They work twice as hard as me in everything I think.

They are so overly conscious of how they are affecting others and others are affecting them it seems draining.

I guess it's hard for me cause I lack a strong feeling function. :shrug:

And in that case I would never be a 2. hmm...

dammit. guess it's back to square 1