• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Hardest Type to be in The Enneagram

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
I don't think that any particular type is inherently less worthwhile, or have an easier time at things than others.Though I must admit that I wouldn't want to be an 8 because it doesn't sound particularly fun at all, because it seems like they only feel alive when they are in conflict with someone else and everything that isn't conflict just seems to just make them feel dead inside.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking about all of what was said about nine in this thread today. I feel that I don't hide from my emotions or whatever. Also I don't dwell on them or express much either, they seem just a part of being human. That is my understanding of the truth will set you free. Acceptance.

Hmm. I am not sure I interpreted it the same as you then.

I think 9's hide thier emotions to others to keep the atmosphere going.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I don't think that any particular type is inherently less worthwhile, or have an easier time at things than others.Though I must admit that I wouldn't want to be an 8 because it doesn't sound particularly fun at all, because it seems like they only feel alive when they are in conflict with someone else and everything that isn't conflict just seems to just make them feel dead inside.

Hmm. The inner deadness isn't something I can feel, usually others are more affected by it than I am when they look at me. Emotion sorta feels like sitting at the bottom of a wet bucket. You ain't really going any lower than where you are, and it takes effort to go any higher. You just sit there, and it takes a lot of stimulation or excitement to get you out of that pit. Conflict isn't fun, per say, but its more than nothing.

tanstaafl28

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
I always have trouble pegging 9's. They seem so wishy-washy to me.

W

WALMART

Well thank the universe, that at least a 6 integrates to nine....sighs....at least there's hope.

Cause the way u describe it you almost have a passionor like a really strong urge to get rid of "concern"....

I want to get rid of it of course.....but I don't know if my motivation is as strong as yours....almost as if it's clouded or something.

I know it used to be much stronger for me.

Hm.

Well, I identified as a Buddhist, before I discovered Enneagram, if that's indicative of anything...

OMG...YES! I should have read this before I replied! lol

But that's exactly what I'm doing. trying to guard against the concern...
[MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] do you think a nine is less preemptive about their "seeking and destroying" a concern than a 6? Like less worried about it until it gets there (sounds like Se)...instead of a 6 worrying about everything so that it doesn't get to them?

I mean there is a correlation between enneatype and MBTI...I just forget the probability of a 9 NOT being a sensor.

And in that case I think it may have to do with functions.

Perhaps so.

I thought I'd have more to say. I have typed up a couple paragraphs that I didn't really feel were conducent to anything, so I deleted them.

I do wanna share this quote, which I feel is applicable - "When he 'senses', everything essential has been said and done."

I don't know.

Starry

Forgive me, but the first thing I thought was goatse.

:shock:

:rofl1:

What's so weird/amazing about this post...is that it just reinforced (for me) everything I've been attempting to convey in this thread about e7s and 'positive outlook' or the unconscious rejection of anything thought to be 'negative.'

About a month ago or so I saw this same term used (it actually may have been you - I don't remember)...and of course I needed to look it up in the Urban Dictionary haha! But since I was totally sicked-out :ack!: I immediately put the definition out of my mind... and within moments it was forgotten... Until just a few minutes ago... when I relived this same exact experience all over again - as if for the first time.

You should say 'goatse' to me in like 3 months or so... as an experiment. And I'll let you know if I visit the Urban Dictionary again.

S

Stansmith

What's so weird/amazing about this post...is that it just reinforced (for me) everything I've been attempting to convey in this thread about e7s and 'positive outlook' or the unconscious rejection of anything thought to be 'negative.'

About a month ago or so I saw this same term used (it actually may have been you - I don't remember)...and of course I needed to look it up in the Urban Dictionary haha! But since I was totally sicked-out :ack!: I immediately put the definition out of my mind... and within moments it was forgotten... Until just a few minutes ago... when I relived this same exact experience all over again - as if for the first time.

You should say 'goatse' to me in like 3 months or so... as an experiment. And I'll let you know if I visit the Urban Dictionary again.

I'd still take the positive outlook facade over 6-ness any day. The fear is paralyzing at times. You can be totally fine objectively and feel like you're slowly descending into the pits of poverty, loser-dom or deprivation based on some vision of the future that you have, until it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. A huge percentage of junkies and people who join weird cults or hate groups like the KKK are 6s.

If the E7 narrative is happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-sad-sad-sad, then the 6w7 narrative is scared-scared-scared-happy-scared-scared-scared-scared-scared-scared-happy-scared-scared-scared-numb-numb-numb-numb-scared-scared-join a religious cult.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If the E7 narrative is happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-sad-sad-sad, then the 6w7 narrative is scared-scared-scared-happy-scared-scared-scared-scared-scared-scared-happy-scared-scared-scared-numb-numb-numb-numb-scared.
This is hilarious. :laugh: I love the idea of type narratives.

I think the E1 narrative is businesslike-businesslike-irritated-irritated-irritated-FUCK OFF YOU INCOMPETENT ASSHOLES-guilty-guilty-businesslike.

S

Stansmith

This is hilarious. :laugh: I love the idea of type narratives.

I think the E1 narrative is businesslike-businesslike-irritated-irritated-irritated-FUCK OFF YOU INCOMPETENT ASSHOLES-guilty-guilty-businesslike.

I just don't want to end up being a weird, lonely obese 40 year old man who dedicates his life to reading Stormfront newsletters and going to klan rallies.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just don't want to end up being a weird, lonely obese 40 year old man who dedicates his life to reading Stormfront newsletters and going to klan rallies.
You could be a weird, social, physically fit 40 year old man who does intense LARPing with friends and builds weapons for the zombie apocalypse. :) There are people like that in my hometown and for the most part they seem happy.

Starry

I'd still take the positive outlook facade over 6-ness any day. The fear is paralyzing at times. You can be totally fine objectively and feel like you're slowly descending into the pits of poverty, loser-dom or deprivation based on some vision of the future that you have, until it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. A huge percentage of junkies and people who join weird cults or hate groups like the KKK are 6s.

If the E7 narrative is happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-sad-sad-sad, then the 6w7 narrative is scared-scared-scared-happy-scared-scared-scared-scared-scared-scared-happy-scared-scared-scared-numb-numb-numb-numb-scared-scared-join a religious cult.

I still have so many questions I'm carrying around in my mind...wanting to ask you...not knowing which thread of yours to ask them in haha.

Like I've alluded to...you defy my understanding of personality theory which I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because now...

Mind-is-Full-of-Fuck.jpg

e7s love this experience.

You feel you have identified with e6 since around the age of 13 or so? What made you decide on a wing 7? Have you experienced e7 kick-in?

Most enneagram theorists hold that your wing kicks-in around the age you are now. Let me share with you the *joys* of a 6-wing starting to take hold of one's existence...

What you describe...happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy <--:cry: That's me!!! That's me from age 3 - 20.......only. You know in movies, tv, videos... scenes where you see someone happily driving along in their car at a nice speed...and then something jumps out into the middle of the road and all you hear for the next minute or so...are screeching tires and car crash sounds... yah...that's what it's like to be an e7 when your 6-wing kicks in.

I didn't understand it at the time but all of a sudden I started to have panic attacks for no reason that I could tell. I had always been fearless...and then suddenly I started to develop strange phobias... Where I had once always acted on impulse...doing whatever I thought best to do in the moment (which worked fairly well for me)... I started to second guess everything and missed opportunities... It was awful...and I still deal with these things to some extent to this day although I'm more concerned now with the need to avoid taking on the negative aspects of e5. Lady X describes this as well though in a different thread...

okay so...imagine for a min being a 7! and being all yay fun adventure whoohoo but then having that annoying lil six voice going...ohhh...better not...cuz what if this or that or omg this!!! back and forth all day long!

Your 7-wing should 'save your life' really...much like my 6-wing ruined mine :wink:

S

Stansmith

I still have so many questions I'm carrying around in my mind...wanting to ask you...not knowing which thread of yours to ask them in haha.

Like I've alluded to...you defy my understanding of personality theory which I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because now...

Mind-is-Full-of-Fuck.jpg

You feel you have identified with e6 since around the age of 13 or so? What made you decide on a wing 7? Have you experienced e7 kick-in?

Most enneagram theorists hold that your wing kicks-in around the age you are now. Let me share with you the *joys* of a 6-wing starting to take hold of one's existence...

What you describe...happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy <--:cry: That's me!!! That's me from age 3 - 20.......only. You know in movies, tv, videos... scenes where you see someone happily driving along in their car at a nice speed...and then something jumps out into the middle of the road and all you hear for the next minute or so...are screeching tires and car crash sounds... yah...that's what it's like to be an e7 when your 6-wing kicks in.

I didn't understand it at the time but all of a sudden I started to have panic attacks for no reason that I could tell. I had always been fearless...and then suddenly I started to develop strange phobias... Where I had once always acted on impulse...doing whatever I thought best to do in the moment (which worked fairly well for me)... I started to second guess everything and missed opportunities... It was awful...and I still deal with these things to some extent to this day although I'm more concerned now with the need to avoid taking on the negative aspects of e5. Lady X describes this as well though in a different thread...

Your 7-wing should 'save your life' really...much like my 6-wing ruined mine :wink:

Interesting. At average levels I have a happy-go-lucky, naive, fun twinge from the 7 wing, but without the optimism. I think I'd be even more neurotic and paranoid with a 5-wing.

S

Stansmith

*cries in his 6w5 beer*

Lol, would you say 6w5 is harder than 6w7? Average level 6w7 for me is "hey, this could be fun, oh wait it's not. I'm destined to be a loser. Oh wait, now I'm having lots of fun, life's gonna be just fine from here on out!" then the next day, "well sh-t, I'm back at square one".

Starry

Interesting. At average levels I have a happy-go-lucky, naive, fun twinge from the 7 wing, but without the optimism. I think I'd be even more neurotic and paranoid with a 5-wing.

I guess one of the things I'm wanting to know...

Zarathustra used the word 'ambivert'... which I looked-up in the regular dictionary haha! And the definition...which I have committed to memory... fits my understanding of e6 individuals as well. In that they tend to be right on that line between introversion and extroversion. Or they score fairly equally...use equally...their dom & aux functions. Although I should quickly say that I am an ambivert of sorts...but I score equally in Ne & Ni...so with it being all iNtuition puts me into e7...(which, interestingly, is a common thing see specifically in e7w6 sx only. The rest of e7dom is heavy Ne or Se.)

And that is what is confusing me is your scores show the complete opposite of 'ambivertness.' Ne is way out in front...but what makes things even more unusual...is that your Fi & Te scores appear to be even...which is almost suggestive of an ENFP that is over-extroverting or caught in an Ne/Te loop. Like I said to you before...if I knew nothing of you I would type you as 7w8 based on scores alone. So, do you feel those scores represented you well? Could it be you are more even on Ne & Fi... or could it be that you are actually an e7...getting hit especially hard at this time by a 6 or 8 wing?

Likewise, if you are in fact e6...I'm not convinced you are not counterphobic...yet.

*cries in his 6w5 beer*

Oh Zara.

x3x13331350d714df74bab4ab2137004dcd.jpg

Zara's house during hurricane season (when his e5 wing kicked in). Ummmm....

"What is to give light must endure burning." - Viktor E. Frankl <--Amiright? Heh? It's a gift - remember. It's a gift. :hug:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Mind-is-Full-of-Fuck.jpg

Wow yeah me too... Not a freakin care in the world... Mostly...I mean beyond things that I'd have to be soulless not to be upset about but yeah I developed anxiety in my 20's too.

Actually went to the dr telling him I think I had diabetes because my body would go numb and I'd lose vision or blackout sometimes.

I had periods where I was scared to drive because I was so afraid I might just drive right off the turnpike or even walking my dog too far from the house... I once blacked out and sat on the street all alone scared to death because I I couldn't see

It was nuts and I had no idea what was going on and the dr told me it was anxiety. I was like wtf. I don't think so... Why aren't you listening to me? You need to check my blood! I think I'm diabetic! And he said listen... You're like 115 lbs in good shape... I really don't think you're diabetic. You've got general anxiety disorder.

He wanted to give me pills for it... But I don't like taking pills.

I don't trust doctors much to prescribe me mood altering stuffs.

So I went to whole foods and found some herbal supplement called be calm or something haha

No idea if they actually worked beyond just a placebo affect of me feeling like I was handling it.

And they stopped... Mostly... Years later I had them again a couple times. Just thought I was having a heart attack. He gave me Valium. It was alright... Just took it a few times.

Got a divorce and have been fine since. Haha

I'm rambling. Ill blame the wine. But yeah that's funny that happened to you too.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] I've never heard any mention of that. 7w6 being ne/ni ??? That's kinda awesomely interesting.
I can see how 6 is like ni paranoia.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Wow yeah me too... Not a freakin care in the world... Mostly...I mean beyond things that I'd have to be soulless not to be upset about but yeah I developed anxiety in my 20's too.

Actually went to the dr telling him I think I had diabities because my body would go numb it I'd loos vision or blackout sometimes.

I had periods where I was scared to drive because I was so afraid I might just drive right off the turnpike or even walking my dig too far from the house... I once blacked out and sat on the street all alone scared to death because I I couldn't see

It was nuts and I had no idea what was going on and the dr told me it was anxiety. I was like wtf. I don't think so... Why aren't you listening to me? You need to check my blood! I think I'm diabetic! And he said listen... You're like 115 lbs in good shape... I really don't think you're diabetic. You've got general anxiety disorder.

He wanted to give me pills for it... But I don't like taking pills.

I don't trust doctors much to prescribe me mood altering stuffs.

So I went to whole foods and found some herbal supplement called be calm or something haha

No idea if they actually worked beyond just a placebo affect of me feeling like I was handling it.

And they stopped... Mostly... Years later I had them again a couple times. Just thought I was having a heart attack. He gave me Valium. It was alright... Just took it a few times.

Got a divorce and have been fine since. Haha

I'm rambling. Ill blame the wine. But yeah that's funny that happened to you too.
Can you really black out from anxiety?! So crazy, I never knew. xoxo