• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Hardest Type to be in The Enneagram

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Am I the only person who thinks Bruce Willis is a total dork?

I don't think being an 8 gives people the power that some imagine. I think in a healthy 8 it just gives them a very solid leadership quality, like they're unshakable...not that they are imposing, or superior or any of that kind of stuff.

Ugh, thank you.

8's are scared of being harmed or controlled. That is all that makes an 8 an 8. They thus compensate for this by fooling themselves into thinking they are unharmable and uncontrollable.
6's are scared of being without security or guidance. That is all that makes a 6 a 6. They compensate for this by fooling themselves into thinking they have security and guidance.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Yes.

You can call it whatever you want.

The proof is in the pudding, not in the pudding thinking it's so fucking awesome it should be leader.

Congratulations.

:dry:

you can be as right as you want here, you don't actually see from the 8's side and you're unwilling to. So I'm not gonna bother trying anymore.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ugh, thank you.

8's are scared of being harmed or controlled. That is all that makes an 8 an 8. They thus compensate for this by fooling themselves into thinking they are unharmable and uncontrollable.
6's are scared of being without security or guidance. That is all that makes a 6 a 6. They compensate for this by fooling themselves into thinking they have security and guidance.

Yes that's right, thanks for this.

Maybe you and Zara are arguing the difference between being an 8w9 and an 8w7, because 8w7 are more volatile, while 8w9 is "the sleeping bear."

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
:dry:

you can be as right as you want here, you don't actually see from the 8's side and you're unwilling to. So I'm not gonna bother trying anymore.

That's cuz I'm not about seeing from sides.

I'm about seeing systemic truths.

I am just telling you the truth, and you don't want to accept it.

Not unrelatedly, 8s (8IE) have essentially no systemic thinking (until they integrate to 2 [2ES]).

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
That's cuz I'm not about seeing from sides.

I'm about seeing systemic truths.

I am just telling you the truth, and you don't want to accept it.

Not unrelatedly, 8s (8IE) have essentially no systemic thinking (until they integrate to 2 [2ES]).

Yes, and the only "truth" you see is your own.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Disintegration to 3 is like that.

Phobic 6s are like that, when it comes to guidance from an accepted external source.

Counterphobics reject the external source, and, like all 6s, doubt their own internal guidance/security.

(this, of course, is not taking into account integration, during which 6s learn to trust their internal guidance/security)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yes, and the only "truth" you see is your own.

That's how a solipsist with essentially no systemic focus would see it.

Which, ironically, is the problem with giving 8s authority (unless, of course, they've integrated to 2).

8s view everything as a contest of wills. And, while there is truth to this perspective, it is not the whole picture.

With some systemic thinking (which they'll get by integrating), they'll learn that that is just part of the systemic hierarchy.

As opposed to merely attempting to impress on the extrinsic world what comes from one's intrinsic world (i.e., gut)...

They will recognize... well, I'm not gunna get (that) preachy... that's something they got to learn on their own...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
start that thread already!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
start that thread already!

I was actually thinking of starting a group where we could discuss it.

That would enable me to do some things I wouldn't be able to do in a normal thread.

If you'd (and this is to everyone) be interested in joining the group, send me a rep about it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was actually thinking of starting a group where we could discuss it.

That would enable me to do some things I wouldn't be able to do in a normal thread.

Oh alright... Let me know if ya do.

gromit

likes this
I have been thinking... maybe my most recent ex was an e6...

He sure did seem to make life hard for himself.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4,5,6 are like the Magikarps of the Enneagram.

Per se, they are a piece of shit - and will likely continue that way.

But... they have the chance of evolving to Gyarados.

Some types are more like Pidgeys. They start off pretty good, but the room for improvement is smaller.

Not that many people are gonna understand the analogies, but anyways.

S

Stansmith

Some types are more like Pidgeys. They start off pretty good, but the room for improvement is smaller.

When 7s go off the deep end, they just bounce back after 5 years of rehab and come back better than ever, guns-ablazing like Robert Downey Jr or Russell Brand. 6s come back as vegans or Jehovah's witnesses.

I'll stop. :D

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When 7s go off the deep end, they just bounce back after 5 years of rehab and come back better than ever, guns-ablazing like Robert Downey Jr or Russell Brand. 6s come back as vegans or Jehovah's witnesses.

I'll stop. :D
What exactly do you envy about them? Their ability to attract multiple women?

Because that's a learnable skill.

Not that you'd be happier with that or anything, but it's doable.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

After reading the entire thread, this is probably my favorite post that came out of it.

S

Stansmith

What exactly do you envy about them? Their ability to attract multiple women?

Because that's a learnable skill.

Not that you'd be happier with that or anything, but it's doable.

I envy their ability to be awesome regardless of circumstances. I'm only awesome when things are going my way.