User Tag List

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardest Type to be in The Enneagram

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    With regards to e7s in general...and in light of the comments you and others have made concerning positive-outlook... I should quickly add that if everything stays 'relatively good' like you indicate above...positive-outlook will be your best friend. If you wake-up one day...and notice your entire life has been sucked into a black hole and you didn't see it coming...a phenomenon many e7s have documented having happened to them... that's positive-outlook majorly back-firing and taking a massively-big shit on you. So, I guess the question is...how often do things stay perpetually 'relatively good' in one's life?...and how deceiving can *looks* often be? Most e7s don't get the help they need because the *gift* of positive-outlook prevents anyone from knowing help is needed...including the e7.
    Interesting...

Largely because of this thread, this morning I was thinking about the effect of positive thinking on one's ability to accurately assess a situation and form objective judgements about things. I used to think about this a lot, years ago, and sided with being objective over being positive. My job qt the time was essentially dependent/based on objectivity, though. Now, my work involves more people-focus, and I think the calculus is different. (sounds a lot like T vs F) Anyway, I spent the day forcing myself to think positively, something which I haven't done in a long while, and it really did make things a lot better. Fuck everything else, having a positive attitude just makes life more enjoyable. I think, ultimately, what you gotta realize is: when is it time/what are the things about which I must put on the serious face and be all objective-like, and when are the times/what are the things about which it's better to just put on a smile and be a positive force.

As for your description, Starry, that's how I've always felt about e7s (and e3s, in a similar, albeit somewhat different way): under the positivity on the surface lies what likely either is or has a very good chance of turning into a train wreck, due to unwillingness to realistically/objectively assess what is going on in their lives. "Oh, yeah, snorting this line and having sex with this stranger who I'm pretending is my super close friend but who I really don't know jackshit about is EXACTLY what will make my life PERFECT right now *brushes under the rug the fact that if he/she had to spend the next hour alone in a room they would probably drive themselves up the fucking walls trying to not think about everything that's going wrong in their life that they're actually CONSTANTLY trying to not think about/avoid, and thus never actually effectively dealing with/resolving* *snnnnnnnnnort* *awwww* *where were we?*"

/ apparently could only remain positive for one paragraph :P
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    but drama is fun.. =)
    It can be, but the problem is that newbies come here expecting to discuss typology. When all they see is useless conflict... They leave.

Then when regular members leave the forum (it's a natural process), there aren't nearly enough newbies to replace the void and keep the forum going.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0
    Socionics
    ILI None

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    It can be, but the problem is that newbies come here expecting to discuss typology. When all they see is useless conflict... They leave.

Then when regular members leave the forum (it's a natural process), there aren't nearly enough newbies to replace the void and keep the forum going.
    hm i guess so, i suppose im just kind of emotionally insensitive so i dont take that much notice? =|
    i suppose, i see conflicts as an opportunity to learn.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

Stansmith

Just *tossing this out there* that...oh maybe...half ??? Approximately half of the e7s out there...are in fact inescapably bound to that never-ending nightmare you and so many others here have attributed to the e6 bastard. And because of this...I am requesting to have the 'life difficulty' rating for the 7w6 increased to...at the very least mid-range please. Thank you.

With regards to e7s in general...and in light of the comments you and others have made concerning positive-outlook... I should quickly add that if everything stays 'relatively good' like you indicate above...positive-outlook will be your best friend. If you wake-up one day...and notice your entire life has been sucked into a black hole and you didn't see it coming...a phenomenon many e7s have documented having happened to them... that's positive-outlook majorly back-firing and taking a massively-big shit on you. So, I guess the question is...how often do things stay perpetually 'relatively good' in one's life?...and how deceiving can *looks* often be? Most e7s don't get the help they need because the *gift* of positive-outlook prevents anyone from knowing help is needed...including the e7.

Yes, life is so easy...until suddenly...it becomes hard.

I certainly get your point, but as an 18 year old in the prime of his life, I'd much rather have e7 problems than e6. I see the value in being an e6 troubleshooter when you're in your 30s or 40s, but being an e6 is a teenager or young adult is an absolute waste of youth. You should be happy go-lucky, whimsical, euphoric and impulsive at 18 years old, that's the point of youth. You have lots of fun, f-ck up a bunch of times, and move forward. As a young 6, you're basically behaving like an old woman and depriving yourself of any worthwhile experiences.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Interesting...

Largely because of this thread, this morning I was thinking about the effect of positive thinking on one's ability to accurately assess a situation and form objective judgements about things. I used to think about this a lot, years ago, and sided with being objective over being positive. My job qt the time was essentially dependent/based on objectivity, though. Now, my work involves more people-focus, and I think the calculus is different. (sounds a lot like T vs F) Anyway, I spent the day forcing myself to think positively, something which I haven't done in a long while, and it really did make things a lot better. Fuck everything else, having a positive attitude just makes life more enjoyable. I think, ultimately, what you gotta realize is: when is it time/what are the things about which I must put on the serious face and be all objective-like, and when are the times/what are the things about which it's better to just put on a smile and be a positive force.

As for your description, Starry, that's how I've always felt about e7s (and e3s, in a similar, albeit somewhat different way): under the positivity on the surface lies what likely either is or has a very good chance of turning into a train wreck, due to unwillingness to realistically/objectively assess what is going on in their lives. "Oh, yeah, snorting this line and having sex with this stranger who I'm pretending is my super close friend but who I really don't know jackshit about is EXACTLY what will make my life PERFECT right now *brushes under the rug the fact that if he/she had to spend the next hour alone in a room they would probably drive themselves up the fucking walls trying to not think about everything that's going wrong in their life that they're actually CONSTANTLY trying to not think about/avoid, and thus never actually effectively dealing with/resolving* *snnnnnnnnnort* *awwww* *where were we?*"

Then you have 6 on the opposite end of the spectrum keeping you from stepping outside in the morning.

3 is probably the best type to be anyway. They're realistic, pragmatic and win. Once they integrate to 6 they're considerate winners that know themselves. When we integrate to 9 we just become a bunch of weird hippies or polygamist nomads. If an unhealthy 3 is a prime Michael Jordan (who was a douchebag), then it can't be that bad. Certain types of unhealthy are much more respected than others, IMO.

e3 and e6 relationship summed up:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    You should be happy go-lucky, whimsical, euphoric and impulsive at 18 years old, that's the point of youth. You have lots of fun, f-ck up a bunch of times, and move forward.
    That's debatable.

-----

Listen, you are 18. Some of what you are feeling is just about being 18, not about being any enneagram type in particular. (At least to my 'old' ears.) Some of your peers who look like they've got it "easiest" on the surface of living, consider that perhaps they don't ... be careful how you make those comparative judgements, is all I'm saying. It can be a huge blind spot.

I can think of pros and cons to each enneagram type, and that's how these things go.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    Naranjo states that the types on the "bottom" of the enneagram (e.g. 4 and 5) suffer the most, and the ones on the "top" suffer the least.
    This is so irritating. No wonder 9s trick themselves into believing they have no problems since no one actually believes they matter.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    This is so irritating. No wonder 9s trick themselves into believing they have no problems since no one actually believes they matter.
    The irony is that certain wiring predisposes one to believe they have it harder anyway, regardless of the experience of the other ... so I hear you.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Just *tossing this out there* that...oh maybe...half ??? Approximately half of the e7s out there...are in fact inescapably bound to that never-ending nightmare you and so many others here have attributed to the e6 bastard. And because of this...I am requesting to have the 'life difficulty' rating for the 7w6 increased to...at the very least mid-range please. Thank you.

Yes, life is so easy...until suddenly...it becomes hard.

This is no joke.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison
    Likes Starry liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Interesting...

Yeah for sure that's probably accurate for a lot of 7's I mean all the rock star partiers 7's out there.

The distraction thing is true... Constantly filling up your head with things... Over analyzing things to death, researching shit online... Often just random what if or this would be cool interesting shit that has no basis on your actual immediate reality... Cuz yeah that stuff is often too stressful to deal with.

And the messed up part is that we don't even know we're doing it most of the time. It just is the way we naturally conduct ourselves.

I hate it.

And when I become aware of it I put a stop to it and take care if what I need to but it's like you're constantly battling your natural instincts.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast